Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
229 user(s) are online (191 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

nbergma C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
Guru Newb
Fresno, CA
19 Posts

I just sold my 1994 C4 base model Corvette (sniff, sniff, I loved that car but she was starting to have some problems and I wasn't willing to continue footing the repair bills) and purchased a gorgeous 2006 C6 Corvette base model in Monterey Red from a small dealership in Manteca with 46,000 miles on it. Overall the car seems really good except for some relatively minor cosmetic and functional problems.

1. The passenger power seat handle or lever is missing. The switch itself with its three buttons is still fully functional. You can move it forward, back, up and down but the plastic or nylon handle or lever that's supposed to snap over the three buttons on the switch is missing.
  2. You can pump up the lumber bladder in the passenger seat but it will not bleed off air, so what you have is, in effect, a rock-hard bump in the middle of your back that you can't get rid of. I had a Chevrolet dealership here in Fresno look at it and they said the hose was crimped (pinched closed) by the seat to the point that it can't be uncrimped so air won't release from the bladder. They said someone evidently had the seat off and when they put it back on the hose was not routed properly allowing the damage to occur.
  3. The door lock switch on the passenger door is functional but the plastic top part of the switch with the lock and unlock icons is missing.

I asked the dealerthip, Hedricks Chevrolet in Fresno, California, about the cost to repair these minor (at least they seem like they should be minor) problems. They told me:

1. You can't replace just the handle/lever for the power seat switch. You have to purchase the entire switch which, because it is programmable, is $260 plus labor to install.
  2. You can't replace just the hose of the lumbar bladder, you have to replace the entire bladder/hose/switch assembly which is over $400 plus labor to install.
  3. You can't replace just the plastic top portion of the door lock switch, you have to replace the entire switch which is $140 plus labor to install.

Here are my two questions.

• Is there someplace online (maybe a salvage yard site or something similar) where I can get just the handle/lever that snaps on to the power seat switch for the passenger seat? It seems crazy to me that you have to buy the entire programmable switch just to replace a 25 cent (or $5.00 or whatever) plastic lever that snaps onto it. See the attached photo of the lever/switch.
  •  Is there any way to get the lumbar bladder to work without replacing the whole $400+ assembly?

Thank you very much in advance for any help and/or advice you can offer about this.

Neil
C6 newbie

Attach file:

jpg  Passenger seat switch lever.jpg (10.81 KB)
10868_51ef3096cc678.jpg 400X259 px
Posted on: 2013/7/24 1:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

wow... You may try vette2vette for that switch cover. you may also try a local u-pick-it lot. It might be used on other GM cars. same goes with the power lock cover thingy.

Also, check MidAmerica for some of these bits. They sound fragile, so maybe the aftermarket will have support for this MidAmerica ia s sponsor of the Guru, so show your support by using either the top banner or the left nav banner.

The hose? WTF? it's a HOSE for crying out loud. Remove the seat, cut off the crimped portion. slip fit a piece of vacuum line and cinch down with some wire ties; or get metal spring clips. Either way... IT'S A HOSE.

Also, call Chris May at Superior Chevy, 1.800.728.8267. Tell him I sent you. He sells parts to Corvette folks at discount. That's because he is the wholesale parts guy.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 13:33

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

nbergma Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
Guru Newb
Fresno, CA
19 Posts

Andy, I take my hat off to you for your great suggestion. I called Chris Mays as you suggested and he said he can order the lever for the power seat switch for under $12 (plus shipping to me) and can order the door lock switch for the passenger side door for under $13. He'll ship them both to me after he gets them and I should have them by sometime next week. He said to tell you "Hi" and he appreciates you continuing to send him business. Regarding the high prices that Hedrick's Chevrolet quoted to me for the door lock switch, he said they must have been including shop labor to replace it in their quote to me. He had no idea why they told me I could not order just the lever for the power seat switch but instead told me I had to replace the entire switch.

Many, many thanks!

Posted on: 2013/7/24 22:33

Ultraman Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Welcome to the Guru, glad Andy could help get you some parts. About the dealership.....that's why we call them stealerships.....post some more pics of your C6 if you get a chance........
Posted on: 2013/7/25 0:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

bogus Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

nbergma wrote:

Andy, I take my hat off to you for your great suggestion. I called Chris Mays as you suggested and he said he can order the lever for the power seat switch for under $12 (plus shipping to me) and can order the door lock switch for the passenger side door for under $13. He'll ship them both to me after he gets them and I should have them by sometime next week. He said to tell you "Hi" and he appreciates you continuing to send him business. Regarding the high prices that Hedrick's Chevrolet quoted to me for the door lock switch, he said they must have been including shop labor to replace it in their quote to me. He had no idea why they told me I could not order just the lever for the power seat switch but instead told me I had to replace the entire switch.

Many, many thanks!

Chris is the man! Glad he was able to help you out!
Posted on: 2013/7/25 18:25

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

nbergma Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
Guru Newb
Fresno, CA
19 Posts

I got my Corvette back today with the new lumbar bladder assembly and switch from Hedricks Chevrolet. The lumber now works great -- but for $475 it should.

For anyone interested, attached are some photos of our new baby, the Monterey Red 2006 base model C6 Corvette. We think she's gorgeous!

Attach file:

jpg  2006 C6 Corvette IMG_2184_crop01_resize01.jpg (270.71 KB)
10868_51f3582c1b479.jpg 1024X467 px

jpg  2006 C6 Corvette IMG_2186_crop01_resize01.jpg (289.31 KB)
10868_51f358416f04c.jpg 1024X491 px

jpg  2006 C6 Corvette IMG_2187_resize01.jpg (369.74 KB)
10868_51f358521c9d0.jpg 1024X683 px

jpg  2006 C6 Corvette IMG_2188_crop01_resize01.jpg (355.67 KB)
10868_51f35864b7ee4.jpg 1024X625 px
Posted on: 2013/7/27 5:20

biggrizzly Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Nice looking C6! Glad Andy was able to help you out and your happy.

Just remember that dealerships have people and overhead to pay as well. I can't speak for the one you originally went to, but my home dealership is really awesome. Am I always happy with what they tell me? Well no, but I know where they are coming from and how much it costs for them to run that little "city" they have. I just can't say enough good things about Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, MD

OK... I'll stop
Posted on: 2013/7/27 11:31

Ultraman Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Great looking C6...I love that color. A good trustworthy plumber and mechanic are essential to have in this life. Glad you got your issues with the car fixed....also hope you stick around the Guru...we can use some C6 guys...
Posted on: 2013/7/27 13:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: C6 Passenger Power Seat Control Lever
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Nice new car!

Glad Chris May could help you out and things got taken care of. Granted dealers have overhead and have to make a living, but always good to get a second opinion
Posted on: 2013/7/28 14:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.