Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
256 user(s) are online (212 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bogus Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Posted on: 2013/12/25 8:20

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

NelsonV Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Senior Guru
Sunny Southern CA
245 Posts

I haven't been to sleep yet....still feels like Christmas Eve.

MERRY CHRISTMAS y'all!

(...and gnight)
Posted on: 2013/12/25 9:04

TommyT-Bone Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good morning and Merry Christmas. I was lying/laying in bed and I was already cooking the pig in my mind so at 05:30 I got up. I'm gonna start prep at 06:30 so it was a good time to get up anyway. The pig has been marinating all night in Badia Mojo, a well seasoned marinade. Loooong day ahead and I've been a grumpy sonofabitch the past few days. So much work goes into this party. Oh well, anything to keep the little woman happy. You wouldn't like the little woman if she's not happy. Once everything is up and running it will be grand occasion. Second cup of coffee is in the gullet so there is hope of being fully awake soon. Have yourself a merry little Christmas ..........
Posted on: 2013/12/25 11:25

captmike13 Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Merry Christmas gang.

Word of the Day Wednesday, December 25, 2013

advent \ AD-vent \, noun;

1.a coming into place, view, or being; arrival: the advent of the holiday season.

2.( usually initial capital letter ) the coming of Christ into the world.

3.( initial capital letter ) the period beginning four Sundays before Christmas, observed in commemoration of the coming of Christ into the world.

4.( usually initial capital letter ) Second Coming.

Origin:

Advent came to English in the 1100s from the Latin adventus meaning "arrival" or "approach."
Posted on: 2013/12/25 11:33

captmike13@yahoo.com

Matatk Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Merry Christmas to everyone. We did presents last night and it took us about 2 hours. It was insane. The kids got so many presents (from family mostly) that the entire front room was filled. They are lucky (and spoiled) to have received so many nice things. Wife and I got each other a couple nice little things, too. She got a couple massage gift certs and I got some vouchers to go see my back cracker which I will enjoy.

After work today we are going to the wife's aunt's house for Xmas dinner, a tradition for the last umpteen years. Should be fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/12/25 12:47

Matatk Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:

Word of the Day Wednesday, December 25, 2013

advent \ AD-vent \, noun;

Tommy is always trying to advent new schemes to get out of doing housework.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 12:48

GRIS Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

PEACE ON EARTH TO MEN OF GOOD WILL

AND BE DAMNED TO THE ACLU.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 12:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys....It's a much better morning than yesterday. Must have been a 24 hour thing, because I felt way better about midnight. We are off to the in-laws for the big to-do.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 13:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

istter1 Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Will be a strange Christmas here. Just me and the dog. At noon I pick up my friends dogs while she visits family. lol
merry Christmas to you all
Posted on: 2013/12/25 13:36

BillH Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Merry Christmas all.

I was up on the mountain last night with friends overlooking Carson City and the valley. Had slo-roasted prime rib done in a large out door BBQ. The guy roasting the rib was a cop that had been on the TV show "Cops" 3 times.

We all had a good discussion why milk chocolate goes good with beer but dark chocolate goes better with Merlot. Christmassy Huh?

It's going to be in the 50's for the next 5 days so it looks like some Corvette bodywork in on the schedule.
I'm gonna pretend that that's a good thing.....for now.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 14:35

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

HERE'S SOMETHING INTERESTING:
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/1 ... oduction/?intcmp=HPBucket

I THINK THIS USED TO BE USED ON EARTH MOVING MACHINES.

AND WHO SAYS THE MEDIA NEVER PUTS OUT GOOD NEWS:
ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – According to a new study, alcohol can boost your immune system.
I'LL DRINK TO THAT!

Posted on: 2013/12/25 15:06

j3studio Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Tommy is always trying to advent new schemes to get out of doing housework.

Merry Christmas, all!

Posted on: 2013/12/25 15:13

Ultraman Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Merry Christmas Guru Nation.....Hope your day and the coming new year go well for everyone......I got a neat set of Beats from Dr. Dre.......Who is Dr. Dre he must know what hes doing if he's a Dr.....right?
Posted on: 2013/12/25 15:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Ho-ho-ho - Merry Christmas, Gurus! I was planning to sleep in more, but the daylight streaming in from these longer days must've woken me up. I am surrounded by the sea of presents we opened last night. Among other things, I got a sweet little Bose bluetooth speaker that puts out a amazing amount of sound and bass. I see that Santa has left me another present, in the form of a driveway full of snow. Joy to the world!

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Tom - my son had something similar a few days ago, a 24-hour bug he didn't know what he did to deserve.

Have a great Christmas Day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2013/12/25 15:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Tom - glad you're feeling better
Bill - it's Christmas - take a day off for a change and have a cold one
Tommy - same to you - sure the little woman is grumpy if she's not happy but you said you were tired and grumpy - haha - get some well deserved rest somewhere in all there and hopefully the little woman will reward you for your work
Have a Merry Christmas everyone - my baked beans and smokies are done, cheese bread finished, pie and crap all packed up and I'm headed to the nursing home to drop off presents then to the cousins....
Posted on: 2013/12/25 15:41

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

THE ARKIES & THE OKIES ARE ON THEIR WAY TO GRANDMA'S HOUSE. GRANDMA IS SCURRYING AROUND THINKING OF LAST MINUTE THINGS FOR ME TO DO. WHY IS THE SIGHT OF A MAN SITTING DOWN RELAXING SO DISTURBING TO WOMEN? A MAJOR TRIGGER.

SOON THEY WILL ALL DESCEND AND SILENCE WILL BECOME A CONCEPT UNKNOWN TO ALL.

TIME FOR ANOTHER EGGNOG.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 15:45

94BlueToy Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Merry Christmas to all. I had a nice Christmas eve supper with some friends and had fun watching the little ones opening presents. Today at 1pm will be a big dinner. Plans are to stuff myself and then play some pinochle.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 16:24

CorvetteBob Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Merry Christmas to the good folks on the Guru.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 16:27

captmike13 Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Merry Christmas to all my fellow veterans past and present.

Posted on: 2013/12/25 17:14

captmike13@yahoo.com

bogus Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

We are having family over... still finishing cleaning. Then some final decorating...
Posted on: 2013/12/25 19:11

pianoguy Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. 

May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2014, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, political belief, sexual preferences, or gender identity of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for themselves, herself, himself, itself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)
Posted on: 2013/12/25 19:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Thanks Bradman....out here in the Red States we just say Merry Christmas and have a happy new year......
Posted on: 2013/12/25 19:52

bogus Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. 

May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2014, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, political belief, sexual preferences, or gender identity of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for themselves, herself, himself, itself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

Merry Christmas to you, too.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 22:04

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Thanks Bradman....out here in the Red States we just say Merry Christmas and have a happy new year......

Yea, I'm having my lawyer look over dat before I read it.
Posted on: 2013/12/25 23:43

Huskerland
14736 Posts

I did not get one of these for Christmas....maybe next year...

Posted on: 2013/12/26 0:50

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

WELL, IT'S ALL OVER AND THEY'VE ALL GONE HOME. GREAT CHRISTMAS WITH ONLY ONE DRAWBACK. GOT THREE NEW MONTY PYTHON T-SHIRTS AND IT'S TOO COLD TO WEAR THEM.

BIG SURPRISE WAS WHEN #3 GRANDSON WALKED IN AND LOOKED ME STRAIGHT IN THE EYE. I SWEAR HE WAS NOT THAT TALL THREE WEEKS AGO! HE'S TALLER THAN HIS DAD, HE'S TALLER THAN HIS BIG BROTHER AND LOOKS LIKE HE WILL SOON BE TALLER THAN ME.

HIT OF THE SHOW WAS THE OLD 1911A1 I GAVE TO #1 GRANDSON. I GOT IT WHEN I WAS IN THE SEVENTH GRADE AND HAD IT SEMI-ACCURISED BY WILSON COMBAT A WHILE BACK. PUT HIM ONE UP ON HIS OVERGROWN LITTLE BROTHER. HIS DAD WAS AS EXCITED AS JAKE WAS.

DARLING WIFE'S BIG DINNER DISAPPEARED PROMPTLY, THE SIX GRANDSONS HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THAT!
Posted on: 2013/12/26 1:33

vetteblondie Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Great time at the cousin's house - we all shared some funny stores and giggles. At our house - if you are brave enough to pass away - you're fair game, we'll laugh about you years later - take it as a compliment - very fond memories of my mother, an aunt and an uncle, our grandparents, etc. Add to that my last living aunt works at the liquor store now so we all got booze for gifts in addition to the bottle of wine she brought for dinner. First time I've been in a Christmas spirit in years. Been a pretty good last couple days all the way around.
Heck, my neighbor, Henry, even was in a festive mood - he came bouncing out of the house about the same time I was leaving today - I had to take his photo - he was so proud of himself. Next time I see him I'm asking him where he got those furry shoes... he even had his dentures in!
(no joke - that guy really is my neighbor! very nice man, makes birdhouses and stuff)

Attach file:

jpg  HoodSantaHenry.JPG (74.43 KB)
619_52bba07987eae.jpg 236X612 px
Posted on: 2013/12/26 3:21

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Evening guys...it's all over here as well, well at least until tomorrow. Many are headed out to other gatherings, those left here will gather again tomorrow at Rosie's sisters house. The #2 daughter and 2 boys came in for the dinner. About 5 she headed home. About half way back she had an "encounter" with a deer. Thank goodness she didn't hit the deer, but it scared the crap out of her. She said she now has a better understanding of the saying "deer in the headlights, look".

I hope that all my friends here had a great Christmas and I wish you all the best in the new year.......not sure, but I think that was what Brad was trying to say.
Posted on: 2013/12/26 3:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

GOT THREE NEW MONTY PYTHON T-SHIRTS AND IT'S TOO COLD TO WEAR THEM.

Online tickets ($51) for the Python reunion sold out in 43.5 seconds.

They promptly reappeared on ebay for $1212.00

The Pythons added 4 more shows due to the demand.

That's the only reason in the world I could see for a visit to London.
Posted on: 2013/12/26 3:53

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

There was NO Christmas spirit in the casino today.

They weren't very giving,
Posted on: 2013/12/26 3:55

KPotter Re: Christmas Day Chat 2013!!!
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Another Christmas is in the books. Left the house at 9:20 this morning and got home at 10:30 tonight. In between were 2 Christmas meals, 3 gift exchanges, and 310 miles on the odometer. Glad these things only happen once a year.
Posted on: 2013/12/26 4:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.