Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
260 user(s) are online (206 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Interior Lights
There is one in each door. On the 1984-1989 C4s, the door lights can be turned on and off by pressing them.

There are lights under each knee bols...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

jsup Chip Tuning
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Can I get a solid tune from say an outfit like PCM For Less through the mail if I call and give them the engine spec? Or is it necessary to have the chip done on with the car at the place?

1990 modded L98

Cam, heads, exhaust, intake changed.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Chip Tuning
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

You can, but id be suprised if it was as good as it could be.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 6:35

Danspeed1 RE:Chip Tuning
Elite Guru
Mooresville, North Carolina
1121 Posts

Supposedly PCM4LESS is one of the best in the country. I see them all the time in various magazines. I know they specialize in Impala's, infact I think one of the guys, Alvin if I remember corretly has one. I have to get my new rear tuned in soon on my 96 IMPY so I try out there mail order tune. If you check out their website, they have a HUGE spread sheet that you can check off various things you would like them to change. I can't see how much benefit it would have on an L98 though, and if you have major engine mods and need a tune, that would not be something they would be able to do over the phone. You should give them a call and find out what they can do for you,

DG
Posted on: 2008/1/22 6:48
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v

dan0617 RE:Chip Tuning
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

I have a pcmforless tune, and I just got it back because I sent it in for a retune as I changed heads/cam/intake/injectors. They are very good and very quick. I haven't fired it up yet with the retune but I was very happy before. On the order form just type ALL the mods you have done. Give him airflow numbers on the heads if you have them. Be as detailed as possible. Give all the cam info, cam card if you have it. Injector size, everything. He will tune it for you to use stock fuel pressure and initial timing. You can also ask him to set your converter lock/unlock for certain speeds or ask him to pick which is best for you. You can tell him specific fan on/off temps or let him choose for you. There are many other options as well. If you forget something on the order form you can always call and talk to him, he will pull up your order and make the changes over the phone. I've been told the pcmforless tune can be tweaked by adjusting the timing by turning the distributor or by adjusting fuel pressure. A good dyno tune is probably worth it but to get up and running I stayed with pcmforless. I had originally planned on a dyno tune after all my work but I was so happy with pcmforless before I decided to stay with them. I can always have a dyno tune done but I probably won't if everything is good with the pcmforless tune.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 18:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.