Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
222 user(s) are online (199 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

rklessdriver 08-02-14 Real Street Race
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

I got the 84 all fixed up with new outer stub axles, halfshafts and U-Joints.

I bought and installed the Van Steel U-Joint girdles. Hopefully these will better support the U-Joint cup and give me a little longer life on the needle brgs.

Brand new MT 28X10.5 slicks.

We had some serious problems to work out this week.

I am sorry but I didn't make any video's with the Go-Pro this week but we do have some camera phone video's I will have to fighure a way to upload later.

I made 2 practice passes to try and get a handle on my new 93N jet tune up... but the car was turning right as soon as the front tires left the ground... turned out that I wasn't holding the air pressure gauge right and had 17 psi in the right rear and 21.5 psi in the left rear.

Also the engine was flat and just wouldn't run on the 93N jet tune up. Only went like 117 MPH and then 116 MPH... and it should have been like 125 MPH. I honestly don't know wha tto d as this tune up has never worked right on this plate kit and I am going to have to talk with the guy that flowed the plate and see what he thinks I should do.

My NEW super fancy, ultra light weight one wire altenator seems to have a normally open diod which runs the fricken battery dead as long as the Alt wire is hooked up .... No time to fix it before this race so now I have to wire in a constant duty solenoid in line off the battery cut off switch for the altenator. We just unhooked the wire between rounds and kept the battery charger on it in between rounds for this week.

To add to those problem the car was spikong the water temp after the run as I drove back.... it pegged the temp gauge once... No idea what the heck is going on there but I am going to rebuild the water pump this month just to be safe.

For Q1 I played it safe and put the 85N jet tune up back in it. I had a ver conserative ramp in my Progressive controller (40% to 100% in 1.0 seconds). With the rear tires now aired up equally to 15 psi the car went straight and clicked off a 5.97@118 MPH. 1.37 60ft.

For Q2 I tightened up my Progressive controller ramp (40% to 100% in .85 second) a little and the car went a 5.89@118 MPH. 1.35 60ft.

That got me in the field at number 8 (or 8th fastest) out of 15 cars.

For E1 I had to race the number 7 qualifier. We were very close on time so I knew I needed to go a bit faster and cut a good light.... I tightend up my Progressive ram even more (40% to 100% in .75 second) and the car went a 5.87@118 MPH. 1.33 60ft. I won on a hole shot with a 1.54 RT to his .335 RT....

So here I am.... Thrilled to have made it to the quarter finals in Eliminations again... but I have to race one the fastest guys in the class again...

I tighten up my Progressive ramp even more (40% to 100% in .65 second). Then I go and add 2 degrees of timing - to make the car leave harder. The car responds well and runs a 5.82@118MPH with a 1.30 60ft and I cut a great light (for me) with a .097 RT to his .111 RT but his turbo car ran a 5.40@132 MPH and he drove around me about 200ft out no problem.

I have to do something with the nitrous tune up. The car is running great on this little tune up but its time to turn on the big power this engine is built for.

I have 2 more tune ups left on this plate. The 93 jet and a 102 jet. I am tempted to put the 102 jet in it next month and let it eat to see what happends... Althou I know I should go one step at a time.... but it's just that I have historically had problems with the 93 jet from day one and am about to just let that one go all together, unless my nitrous guy can tell me something I am totally missing....

Am also VERY tempted to tell him to just go and build me that killer 450+HP plate kit we have been talking about for next season's upgrade....

Anyway I am solidly in 8th place in the Championship points and not far off of 7th....

https://www.facebook.com/MPCRealStreet

My next points race is September 13th.

I will let you guys know how I do next race or if we go and make some test hits before that race....

As always thanks for giving me a place to talk about the 84.
Will
Posted on: 2014/8/4 14:31

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: 08-02-14 Real Street Race
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14729 Posts

...always enjoy hearing about it...good luck for the rest of the season....
Posted on: 2014/8/4 14:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: 08-02-14 Real Street Race
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sounds good!
Posted on: 2014/8/4 23:43

BrianCunningham Re: 08-02-14 Real Street Race
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

120 in the 1/8th WOW!
Posted on: 2014/8/5 0:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.