Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
243 user(s) are online (212 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Guten morgen. Vut do you tink you vill do vit your Zadurday? I vill be vorking in da yard und on da cars. Dat vill fill up most of my day. Sue vent to drive za 91 last night. She put da car in gear, says she heard a snap und da the car just qvit. Vunderbar, zimply vunderbar. Hope you all have a goot day.
Posted on: 2014/10/25 11:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Tommy Von T-Bone, sorry to hear about the car issues. "Snap" is usually not a good sound...lol. Any thoughts on what it might be? Did the car quit as in it stopped moving or the engine turned off? Is this the SC car or the 383? Post a tech thread so we can do some diagnosis.

Well I pulled the trigger on a toolbox yesterday. I won't have it until next week when my buddy can deliver it with the flatbed. A guy who was a mechanic at a shop across from my friend's place was leaving. He was starting in a new job field and decided to sell off some stuff. So I picked up his Snap On box. He told me it's the KRL1001, but I didn't inspect the sticker. Regardless, a very nice box and I got it for a very good deal. I'll get some pictures later.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2014/10/25 11:46

TommyT-Bone Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Posted on: 2014/10/25 11:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Tommy Von T-Bone, sorry to hear about the car issues. "Snap" is usually not a good sound...lol. Any thoughts on what it might be? Did the car quit as in it stopped moving or the engine turned off? Is this the SC car or the 383? Post a tech thread so we can do some diagnosis.

Congrats on the toolbox score, Matt. The engine stopped running. It turns over but won't start. Have to do the classic fuel/spark analysis. If it ain't one (thing) it's another. Amazingly I'm not upset about it. I just put it on the list.
Posted on: 2014/10/25 11:51

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Oh ya, So Sue jumped in the 928 and took it instead. She said it purred ..........
Posted on: 2014/10/25 11:54

Ultraman Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14727 Posts

Congrats Matt...post a pic when you get it. Wow Snap-on..very cool!

Tommy Tommy Tommy.....hope nothing serious with the 91.

Husker game day and the Royals won last night. Perfect weather continues here. Racedeck sent to many red tiles and not enough of the Alloy ones so they are sending out a couple of boxes. The order was right the mess up came from their shipping dept....oh well....

Gotta get going....its an 11 oclock game...it will be on ESPN 2 if you want to share in the thrill of Big Red football....

Enjoy Guru's.....
Posted on: 2014/10/25 12:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Time to pack up the truck and head for the Great White North. Don't think there will be any white, though - it's supposed to be near 60 the next few days.

Sorry to hear about the car, Tommy - good thing you have a spare. Or two. Or three. Or four ;-)

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2014/10/25 13:12

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7623 Posts

"SATURDAY MORNING, OH SATURDAY MORNING,
ALL MY TIREDNESS IS GONE AWAY.
GOT MY MONEY, AND MY HONEY,
AND I'M OUT ON THE STEM TO PLAY."

AND IT'S ANOTHER PRETTY MORNING IN THE NATIONS. THE GREAT FT GIBSON BBQ FEST IS THIS WEEKEND. I MAY BE FORCED BY SOCIAL PRESSURE TO EAT SOME :-)

HOPE THE '91 GETS WELL SOON, TOMMY.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 14:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

"SATURDAY MORNING, OH SATURDAY MORNING,
ALL MY TIREDNESS IS GONE AWAY.
GOT MY MONEY, AND MY HONEY,
AND I'M OUT TO PLAY ON THE STEM."

Fixed
Posted on: 2014/10/25 15:09

vetteblondie Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4640 Posts

Very beautiful day here, due to be 81 and sunny with slight breeze. Went out on the front porch for coffee this morning. Got the perfect amounts of my 'flavorings' in my Kona to my liking even. It's refreshingly like spring here today. Felt like Easter. Heck I even have 5 roses blooming, two Dahlias, got three tomatoes off the vine too still. Weird. The top will be dropped on the Vette today. Got asked to come to the shop later to help with reassembling the back end of the motor home we have apart. I'd bout give anything to be at the beach this weekend. Had a friend going on his motorcycle but it was a Fugarwe brother thing and he went alone. Damn. I could have taken the Vette to my other friend's house but he's away on a job and not at home and I don't like to be there when no one is there. Crap.
I"m due for an upgrade on my phone, currently have the iPhone 5, instead of the larger version of the 6 am looking at Samsung S5 or I'm told I might like the Note? Any suggestions? I'm not an android fan but am told they have all the same features and iTunes is all I'll miss?
Posted on: 2014/10/25 15:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Good afternoon, all.

I'm sorry to have been so quiet on Guru recently: tons going on both with the main job (as of last Monday, I was moved to another division and another boss as part of a significant re-org in Penn IT) and with the private information technology consulting.

Tommy, "snap" is never good when it comes to me and the 1985 ... hope it is an easy fix.

It is a glorious fall day here in the Philadelphia area; low sixties heading toward high sixties, sunny, a riot of color with the leaves.

We'll be taking the convertible out shortly, which might be the last time Grace is "driven in anger" this year. Our second floor reconstruction begins next week, and she'll likely have to go up on one of the lifts - something that I have found substantially decreases the frequency of driving the cars with no real job.

It hasn't been all work recently. Enclosed is a photo of my nephew Julian and me in Grace on last Saturday. You have to corrupt them when they are young ...

Attach file:

jpg  JulianJohnGrace2014.jpg (196.98 KB)
718_544bd60625451.jpg 598X800 px
Posted on: 2014/10/25 16:58

j3studio Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

I"m due for an upgrade on my phone, currently have the iPhone 5, instead of the larger version of the 6 am looking at Samsung S5 or I'm told I might like the Note? Any suggestions? I'm not an android fan but am told they have all the same features and iTunes is all I'll miss?

All three are great smartphones - but they should be: excellence is expected from a high-end smartphone/phablet in late 2014.

Very basically: I would really try to get hand-ons with all three at once - the comparison is important. It's important to understand that the iPhone is the "it just works" phone, while both the S5 and the Note are more "tweek" and have more flexibility. If you like the idea of the stylus, the Note is the one to lean toward, while the S5 is more of a straight swap for the iPhone.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 17:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
Tommy, "snap" is never good when it comes to me and the 1985 ... hope it is an easy fix.

Sue said it was a snap. I didn't actually hear it but I'm more inclined to believe it was a crackle or a pop. In any case, there will be a discovery phase. I emptied the pond of all the rain water, hopefully for the last time. Finishers rescheduled for tomorrow as we were waiting for materials. The materials are here now. Weather is looks good. Should be a go. They said they will be here at 06:30 tomorrow morning. I have to sweep out the pond one more time, I just cut the grass. Weed whacking is up next. Later, play with cars. Full day as usual.
Posted on: 2014/10/25 17:15

istter1 Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Anyone have this show up on their site?

Attach file:

docx what the hell.docx Size: 159.51 KB; Hits: 82
Posted on: 2014/10/25 17:56

Matatk Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Sue said it was a snap. I didn't actually hear it but I'm more inclined to believe it was a crackle or a pop. In any case, there will be a discovery phase. Later, play with cars. Full day as usual.

Precisely why I don't let my wife eat Rice Krispies in my corvette.
Posted on: 2014/10/25 18:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Yard work done for today. Pond is drained, chipped and swept. Sipping on an NA. Next I'll fiddle with the cars. I'll be a happy SOB when the pond, pump and landscaping are finished. These are some of those wifely ideas that take a bite out of time. When she started this project I had no idea how much I'd be involved. Much more than I thought or hoped for. Oh well, it's water over the dam. It's almost done. I'm sure I'll like the finished product. It's something she's wanted for a few years now. ...... If the wife ain't happy, nobody's happy. Happy wife, happy life.
Posted on: 2014/10/25 19:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

All I can figure at this point is it was an after market alarm or vats issue. I went out this afternoon, unlocked the door with the key and the 91 fired right up. Several restarts and moving the car produce no issues. Can't fix what ain't broke. Went to start the 90 and the battery was a little low. Didn't want to crank. it's mad at me for letting it sit. A charge should resolve that issue. I don't have any of the cars on trickle chargers. They usually hold charge for a pretty long time. Three cars got a bath. Both Vettes and the 928. I'll see what I can squeeze in tomorrow while the finishers are working on the pond. Of course, Sue wants me to take interim pictures as they work. She likes to have pics of all the stages. She's working a plant sale booth this weekend. She's working 32 days straight with the shows, jobs and the nursery. She works harder than most gurus. Definitely harder than me.
Posted on: 2014/10/26 1:34

teebee Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys....it was a busy day. Delivered/installed a cabinet, then spent most of the rest of the day removing 10 doors at a local church and cutting in for 12 x 12 windows in them, installing the windows and then taking them back and putting them back in. The worst part of the whole deal was, 8 of the ten were up on the second floor. I crawled up and down the stairs, that is 32 trips up and down to go get them and then returning them. My butt is dragging, but, I'm watching my Royals play here. We're up, but the lead is slipping.

I wish the announcers were more neutral, they are definitely San Fran backers.
Posted on: 2014/10/26 2:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Zadurday Chat 10.25.14
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Some peace and quiet:

Resized Image

Meanwhile, I'm rooting for a Royals comeback.
Posted on: 2014/10/26 3:28

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.