Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
225 user(s) are online (184 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Ruby
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars. They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

captmike13 Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Ok let's try this again. It was posted then the whole thing disappeared. I can't remember what the heck I posted either.

Cold again today with snow showers on and off today.

Word of the Day Wednesday, November 19, 2014

chiaroscuro \ kee-ahr-uh-SKYOOR-oh \, noun;

1.the distribution of light and shade in a picture.

2.Painting . the use of deep variations in and subtle gradations of light and shade, especially to enhance the delineation of character and for general dramatic effect: Rembrandt is a master of chiaroscuro .

3.a woodcut print in which the colors are produced by the use of different blocks with different colors.

4.a sketch in light and shade.

Origin:

Chiaroscuro comes from the Italian words for "bright," chiaro , and "dark," oscuro . It entered English in the late 1600s.

Today is NATIONAL PLAY MONOPOLY DAY

National Play Monopoly Day is celebrated every year on November 19.

Known as one of the most popular board games in the world, the game that was originally based on a board game designed by Elizabeth Magie in 1902, Monopoly has been played by an estimated more than 5 million people since 1935.

Monopoly was published by Parker Brothers, an American toy and game manufacturer since 1883.

Gather your family and friends together and play Monopoly today, as you celebrate National Play Monopoly Day.

NATIONAL PLAY MONOPOLY DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the creator and the origin of National Play Monopoly Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day is a unique food holiday is celebrated annually on November 19.

Some people cannot have caffeine due to medical reasons, some choose to avoid caffeine for their own reasons and then there are the millions of people who like their caffeine very much. The same is true with the carbonation in beverages. Today’s celebration combines the two of them together.
◦In 1767, Englishman Joseph Priestly suspended a bowl of distilled water above a beer vat at a local brewery in Leeds, England which led to the discovery of a method of infusing water with carbon dioxide to make carbonated water. Priestly’s invention of carbonated water is the major and the defining component of most soft drinks.

◦Caffeine acts as a central nervous system stimulant, temporarily warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness. Ninety percent of adults in North America consume caffeine daily. Some people notice sleep disruption after drinking beverages containing caffeine while others see no disturbance at all.

Today, celebrate National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day with YOUR favorite carbonated and caffeinated beverage.

NATIONAL CARBONATED BEVERAGE WITH CAFFEINE DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL EDUCATION SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS DAY

Annually observed on the Wednesday during American Educational Week, NATIONAL EDUCATION SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS DAY honors the contributions of school support employees.

National Education Support Professionals Day was first celebrated in 1987 when the National Educational Association’s Representative Assembly called for a day to be set aside to salute the school’s support employees. These support professionals provide invaluable services and are essential partners in the children’s education process

2014 marks National Education Association’s 93rd annual American Education Week.

National Education Support Professionals Day honors all secretaries, classroom aides, cafeteria workers, maintenance workers, bus drivers and the others that help and do their part in making public schools great for every child so that they can be safe, learn, grow and achieve.
Posted on: 2014/11/19 11:56

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Kinda sloppy commute, as we got some light snow, so lots of slushy spray out there. I bought an unlimited car wash pass for the winter months, so I have a hunch they'll know me on a first-name basis before long. Meanwhile, the day will start off with a meeting shortly. Kill me now.

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2014/11/19 13:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

I'm sure those meetings a very important Brad....sit right up front...it shows you care....

Cloudy but warmer here today.....warmer is good! Did I ever mention I'm not a big fan of winter?

Gotta go and make some dough.....be safe Guru's....
Posted on: 2014/11/19 13:38

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

istter1 Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Were looking at a gulley washer here. Maybe a 1/10" of rain total.
Posted on: 2014/11/19 14:32

GRIS Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7637 Posts

SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, ABOUT AS IT SHOULD BE FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR. THE CHEROKEES ARE GLAD IT'S WARMER AND SO AM I.
I SHALL SOON SEE IF THE BB'S HVAC HAS RETURNED TO NORMAL WITH WARMER TEMPERATURE AS IT DID BEFORE. EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE A HEATER THAT ONLY WORKS IN MILD WEATHER.
Posted on: 2014/11/19 15:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4645 Posts

Sunny, windy and warmer here today, supposed to hit 48 they say. Drove the Vette in celebration. Hadn't even gotten the computer on at the office yet and had someone come in already. I HATE that. Let me get settled first. Wanted to make a change on a wrap that I think might already be printed. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone yesterday with two of our local net providers to get the web page back up for the other shop, it mysteriously disappeared. One owns domain name, other had everything else but was supposed to have domain name. Got a bill from the other a bit back and questioned it, he said pay it so I did, then the page vanished. It's back up and all straight now, we'll see how long this lasts.
Good day to you all
Posted on: 2014/11/19 15:33

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7637 Posts

HVAC WORKING PERFECTLY. DAMN! CAN'T ADDRESS A NON-PROBLEM.
(THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT,BTW, HAS NEVER NOTICED THIS)
Posted on: 2014/11/19 18:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys... It still is morning here. (or was when I started this post) Another early morning meeting and busy morning after. Got kids scrambling to finish up those cabinets for Marcus. Deadlines mean nothing to them. So I'll probably be working this weekend to finish up. That's OK. Only two days of school next week, then turkey time.
Posted on: 2014/11/19 20:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

It's almost warm out here today. Went outside to go to the main office and wished I hadn't put my coat on. Could easily go without a coat of jacket this afternoon.
Posted on: 2014/11/19 20:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Spent the day with RR#2. Did some errands and shopping and then stopped by to see mom and dad. Wifey got home from work and took RR#1 to CCD and RR#2 to her mom/dad's house. So I have about 3 hours to be alone. Cleaned up the kitchen and plan on cleaning the bathroom. Oh the joys of bachelor life!

It was a bit warmer today. Up to around 30, from yesterday's 11-15 during the day, so the temp doubled...wow! I am certainly enjoying the benefit of having the garage cleaned out so I can get in to a nice warm car in the morning.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2014/11/19 23:54

pianoguy Re: Wednesday 19 Nov 2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

30, that is practically tropical. There are rumors of 30's this weekend, but I think it may just be a ruse to ward off insanity.
Posted on: 2014/11/20 4:13

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.