Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
239 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH350
Automatic Transmission - 3 Speed

1st Gear: 2.52
2nd Gear: 1.52
3rd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1969 thru 1979.
- 13 Bolt ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

captmike13 Wed 17 Dec 2014
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good morning gang.

The warming trend ended it's cold out and should be that way for the rest of the week.

Word of the Day Wednesday, December 17, 2014

chutzpa \ KHOOT-spuh, HOOT- \, noun;

1. Slang . unmitigated effrontery or impudence; gall.

2. Slang . audacity; nerve.

Origin:

Chutzpa came to English from Yiddish in the 1890s. This term is ultimately derived from the Aramaic ḥūṣpā.

Today is NATIONAL MAPLE SYRUP DAY

December 17 is the perfect day to begin the day with pancakes, french toast or biscuits topped off with delicious maple syrup as you celebrate National Maple Syrup Day.

It is usually from the xylem sap of sugar maple, red maple or black maple trees that maple syrup is made from although it not limited to those maple species.

These trees, in cold climates, store starch in their trunks and in their roots. In the spring, the starch is then converted to sugar that rises in the sap. The maple trees are then tapped by boring holes into their trunks and the released sap is collected. After the sap is collected, it is processed by heating to evaporate much of the water, leaving the concentrated syrup.

Maple syrup was first collected, processed and used by the indigenous peoples of North America. The practice was then adopted by the European settlers who gradually refined production methods. In the 1970′s further refinements in the syrup processing were made with technological improvements.
◦A maple syrup production farm is called a “sugarbush” or a “sugarwood”.
◦Sap is boiled in a “sugar house” which is also known as a “sugar shack”, “sugar shanty” or a “cabane à sucre”.

Up until the 1930′s the United States led in maple syrup production, now Canada is the world’s largest maple syrup producer.

Vermont is the largest producer of maple syrup in the United States.

Happy National Maple Syrup Day. Try maple syrup on some ice cream today, you will be amazed!

NATIONAL MAPLE SYRUP DAY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator or origin of National Maple Syrup Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

WRIGHT BROTHERS DAY

By Presidential Proclamation, December 17 is Wright Brothers Day. The President is requested each year to issue a proclamation inviting the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

Wright Brothers Day is an annual United States national observation. It is codified in the US Code and Wright Brothers Day commemorates the first successful flights in a heavier than air, mechanically propelled airplane, that were made by Orville and Wilbur Wright on December 17, 1903 near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.

The Wright brothers were American brothers, inventors and aviation pioneers.

Orville Wright
( August 19, 1871 – January 30, 1948 )

Wilbur Wright
( April 16, 1867 – May 30, 1912 )

Presidential Proclamation — Wright Brothers Day, 2014

WRIGHT BROTHERS DAY, 2014

——-

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

The United States has always been a land of exploration and innovation. Determined to build a Nation where all things were possible, our country’s Founders crossed a vast ocean and launched an improbable experiment in democracy. Early pioneers pushed west across sweeping plains. Dreamers toiled with hearts and hands to build cities, lay railroads, and power an automobile revolution. And on December 17, 1903, two brothers from Dayton, Ohio, would write their own chapter in America’s long history of discovery and achievement.

After years of painstaking research and careful engineering, Orville and Wilbur Wright accomplished what was once unthinkable: the world’s first powered flight. Above the sand dunes of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, they revolutionized modern transportation and extended the reach of humanity. Their inspiring feat opened the door to more than a century of progress and helped spark a new era of economic growth and prosperity. Today, we celebrate those 12 seconds of flight that changed the course of human events, and the determination and perseverance that made that moment possible.

America has always succeeded because as a Nation, we refuse to stand still. As heirs to this proud legacy of risk takers and dreamers who imagined the world as it could be, we must constantly work to empower the next generation of inventors and entrepreneurs. That is why my Administration is investing in programs that encourage science, technology, engineering, and math education, especially for traditionally underrepresented groups. And we are fighting to ensure that innovators and startups have the resources and opportunities they need to build the future they seek.

Our Nation brought the world everything from the light bulb to the Internet, and today — in laboratories and classrooms across America — our scientists and students carry forward this tradition as they work to develop new sources of energy and code the computer programs of tomorrow. Less than seven decades after Orville and Wilbur’s flying machine lifted into the air, American ingenuity brought us to Tranquility Base — and as the lunar module touched down on the surface of the Moon, it carried with it pieces of the brothers’ historic airplane. Today, the Wright brothers’ spirit lives on in the aspirations of a resolute people — to cure disease, walk on distant planets, and solve the biggest challenges of our time.

On Wright Brothers Day, we lift up the scientists, entrepreneurs, inventors, builders, and doers of today, and all those who reach for the future. Let us recommit to harnessing the passion and creativity of every person who works hard in America and leading the world through another century of discovery.

The Congress, by a joint resolution approved December 17, 1963, as amended (77 Stat. 402; 36 U.S.C. 143), has designated December 17 of each year as “Wright Brothers Day” and has authorized and requested the President to issue annually a proclamation inviting the people of the United States to observe that day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim December 17, 2014, as Wright Brothers Day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this sixteenth day of December, in the year of our Lord two thousand fourteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-ninth.

BARACK OBAMA
Posted on: 2014/12/17 13:09

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Gummorgn!

After having a couple days in the 50's, 10 feels downright nippy. Company holiday party this afternoon, think I'll go take a nap instead. I went for a bit last year, and it was a complete snooze-fest anyway.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2014/12/17 13:24

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Company parties ........

One of the all time workplace party favorites was this gem. To this day it still makes me want to punch somebody in the face when I hear it.

Posted on: 2014/12/17 13:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

The wonderful weather continues. This is known as "The Dry Season" in Florida. Lots of sunshine in The Sunshine State. So pleasant here that if you all really knew how nice it is here, you'd want to punch me in the face.
Posted on: 2014/12/17 13:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/17 13:41

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

If it ain't one thing it's another. Seems like if you're not getting punched in the face, you're getting kicked in the head.

Posted on: 2014/12/17 14:05

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
For Matt

Posted on: 2014/12/17 14:08

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

My wife is working at a neighbors house with her crew. She came home to make the guys some scrambles egg and bacon sandwiches. She left a little in the pan and told me it would go good with an English muffin. Later I realized it was merely a ploy so I would have to wash the pan.
Posted on: 2014/12/17 14:41

teebee Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...weather isn't so nice here, but it could be much worse. Took some pictures of my morning MS class with their footstools they made.
Posted on: 2014/12/17 15:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Off today so I will enjoy the time doing some errands and whatnot. My short day at work yesterday turned in to an entire day of overtime so I'm not complaining. Good for the Xmas bills, right?

Have to stop over at mom and dad's today and do some little projects.

RR#1 is sick again and home from school. There has been a really nasty flu going around. They actually closed several schools around here last week due to it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2014/12/17 15:14

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

My wife is working at a neighbors house with her crew. She came home to make the guys some scrambles egg and bacon sandwiches. She left a little in the pan and told me it would go good with an English muffin. Later I realized it was merely a ploy so I would have to wash the pan.

Smart woman!

Meanwhile, here's the educational portion of today's program:

http://io9.com/the-most-amazing-science-images-of-2014-1671170711
Posted on: 2014/12/17 15:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Well the big news out here is that congress passed the 500K exemption bill for 2014.....which means equipment bought up to 500K can all be deducted in this year....billions of dollars are being spent as we speak. Funny how when the gov't does something that benefits me I'm all for it....

Cold cloudy and the work continues.....still no Corvette parts. The last 2 or 3 purchases I have made for the car have taken about a month or more to get them. Nobody stocks anything anymore. When they get the order they turn it over to the manufacturer and they take there own sweet time....

Gotta go spend some money now that the bank has......have a good day Guru's..

Posted on: 2014/12/17 15:21

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Meanwhile, here's the educational portion of today's program:

http://io9.com/the-most-amazing-science-images-of-2014-1671170711

Wow, some of those are amazing.
Posted on: 2014/12/17 15:23

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Well the big news out here is that congress passed the 500K exemption bill for 2014.....which means equipment bought up to 500K can all be deducted in this year....

Does a C7 classify as equipment? I mean, you could get a vinyl sticker with your company name on the side
Posted on: 2014/12/17 15:24

Huskerland
14730 Posts

A C7 COMPANY CAR.....very nice Matt...I will run that by the accountant.....
Posted on: 2014/12/17 15:35

GRIS Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

STILL COLD. STILL OVERCAST. ANOTHER LONG-NAP DAY. THE CHEROKEES ARE READY FOR SOME SUNSHINE.

Attach file:

jpg  COOL DOG.jpg (19.71 KB)
12496_5491abc418e57.jpg 331X232 px
Posted on: 2014/12/17 16:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2014/12/17 17:09

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
A C7 COMPANY CAR.....very nice Matt...I will run that by the accountant.....

Marcus, I don't know how your company is set up as far as corporation status. Hopefully you have several layers of insulation as far as liability. If you lease a vehicle under the corp, all leasing fees, license, insurance, gas related to business are deductible expenses. Just not speeding tickets
Posted on: 2014/12/17 19:20

KPotter Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Moderately gloomy day here. Overcast and spitting a bit of rain.

Tonight I will be making fudge with dried cherries and pecans for our company lunch tomorrow.

Almost time to get serious about shopping. Several people to buy for in the next few days. Then I get to do it all over again for when I visit the kids and grandkids in January. Fa La La La La La,
Posted on: 2014/12/17 19:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Worm sucking leech. They'll probably be genetically engineering bigger ones before you know it. I figure it would be worth at least $50 on the black market.
Posted on: 2014/12/17 20:10

Huskerland
14730 Posts

Quote:

Now that is some down home winter food.....nice! Gonna try that out when Uboy is home for the Holidays......
Posted on: 2014/12/17 21:05

vetteblondie Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Winter... not my season...
Happy Wednesday everyone - not much going on at the job today - Monday was hell, however. In the midst of the rest of the hectic day did a cleanup job on a 2013 Sierra club cab. I swear if people are gonna be that nasty they don't deserve nice things. Made me some cash for it though. Thinking I would like a bowl of that mac and cheese....
Posted on: 2014/12/17 22:06

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Thinking I would like a bowl of that mac and cheese....

I love mac and cheese but I have to add meat (hot dog, sausage, meatballs) or tuna. Soup always tastes better this time of year, or chowder ...... with oyster crackers.
Posted on: 2014/12/18 0:58

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Thinking I would like a bowl of that mac and cheese....

I love mac and cheese but I have to add meat (hot dog, sausage, meatballs) or tuna. Soup always tastes better this time of year, or chowder ...... with oyster crackers.

I am fairly certain that bacon is meat.
Posted on: 2014/12/18 2:10

vetteblondie Re: Wed 17 Dec 2014
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

+1 .....noted
Posted on: 2014/12/18 2:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.