Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (205 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 05.03.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day, hopefully today is more of the same. Wife and FIL took the kids to the county livestock fair a few counties over this morning. FIL will buy some baby chickens to raise. He keeps them to produce eggs, then they produce soup RR#1 loves to go and see the animals, so that's a treat for her. I've never been to that one, no desire.

Fruit trees in the yard are blooming nicely and the garden is coming up. Wife is PO that animals or birds are already eating the strawberries. She complains every year. I told her before I would build a cage out of chicken wire to prevent that, I think she's finally going to take me up on that offer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/5/3 10:59

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

SEMI SUNNY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. SHALL I BREAKFAST AT IHOP OR THE GOLDEN CORRAL THIS MORNING? DECISIONS, DECISIONS---
Posted on: 2015/5/3 13:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Man that is a tough one Gris......I would probably go to IHOP.....In studying up on what grape varieties to plant in our vineyard we have been told to use only grapes that have been developed in Minnesota. Seems like those cold weather folks stay warm in winter with all the wine they make in the summer.....who knew.... Anyway one of the wines is called Frontenac Gris.......the Gris means gray in French I guess..........thought I would share that........

Well we got the old furniture move out and down to the used furniture store yesterday......my back is sore today......hell, its sore everyday....now the painters come in and then the floor people....will take pics when its done....

Slept in some this morning and headed back for morning nap soon real soon...

Have a fun day Guru's......
Posted on: 2015/5/3 14:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Fruit trees in the yard are blooming nicely and the garden is coming up. Wife is PO that animals or birds are already eating the strawberries. She complains every year. I told her before I would build a cage out of chicken wire to prevent that, I think she's finally going to take me up on that offer.

Let the birds eat and go buy your fruit at the market. I recommend the Petersons series books for bird identification. Fun for the whole family.

Attach file:

jpg  1-35.jpg (11.22 KB)
852_55463892c5146.jpg 155X300 px
Posted on: 2015/5/3 14:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Breakfast, I always know what I want for breakfast the day before but when it comes time to eat breakfast I'm not hungry.
Posted on: 2015/5/3 15:04

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....I would love to buy that 66 coupe, and $40k doesn't seem too bad....too bad I don't have that kind of money laying around for such a toy.

It's a sunshiny day here. Not much planned. Rosie wants to go back to the 'city' to buy some more plants and flowers. I'm not sure if I want to go back. I'm thinking let her go and I'll play with the Corvette.

I slept in some too. and have been watching the "PowerBlock".

Only three weeks left for school, another year down. Still not sure if I'll be doing another year or not, haven't heard back from the guy slated to take over.
Posted on: 2015/5/3 15:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Slept in real good - I plan to have a much less stressful day today (aggravating work stuff much of the day yesterday). Maybe I'll tackle installing the nice leather parking brake boot my wife got me for the truck. And practice chipping around the yard.

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/5/3 16:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

KPotter Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Busy day so far. Washed both cars, noticed some rust on the Impala's rims. Touched them up gently with a touch of 0000 steel wool. By the time I finished the Impala, I noticed a bunch of pollen on the 'vette that I just finished washing. Rolled it into the garage and hit it with the Meguire's detailing spray. She has to look nice to go to D.C. on Thursday.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 18:29

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Must be car day. I washed the 90,91 and 928 then wiped down the 911's. They get dusty just sitting in the garage. Covered the outside cars. Sometimes I cover the inside ones too. The problem with the outside car covers is when I take them off I find DUST. Getting some recliner time in this afternoon and going out to a local restaurant for my BIL's B-day dinner at 6 PM. Saving my appetite for dinner. (I always do)
Posted on: 2015/5/3 19:49

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Well, crapola - the e-brake boot isn't even close to fitting. It's probably not worth returning overseas - maybe I can find somebody local who can mod it. Fortunately I was able to remove and reinstall the original without boogering it up.
Posted on: 2015/5/3 20:34

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Since it's supposed to rain much of this coming week, I decided I'd better take a few laps around the estate with the lawn mower. I finished about a minute before it started pouring.
Posted on: 2015/5/3 22:19

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Spent all day in the garage. Washed/vacuumed/polished the Caddy. When detailing the engine I decided to check the oil and it was a little low. So instead of adding, I pulled out the book where we keep track all the maintenance records and found it had been 9 months, 8500 miles (monitor said 24%) and decided to just change the oil. So I move the Caddy, pull the
Corvette out of the garage, put the Caddy on the lift and drop the oil. Back on the floor to pull the oil filter and open the air filter to check it. That's a PITA, but has to be done.

I notice there is some oil in the drip pan and on the oil filter of the Corvette. So after finishing the Caddy, I put the Corvette back on the lift and notice the oil filter leaking. I swap it out with a new filter start it up and let it run for a while, no leak.

An hour and a half after started the oil change, I'm headed to the school to dump it. Once I get home I finish cleaning up the garage, the tool boxes and throw my microfiber cleaning cloths into the washer. It's been a great day.

Looks like it might rain now....got my fingers crossed that it does.
Posted on: 2015/5/3 22:54

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Oh, it got up to 92* this afternoon. Thundering now, hoping for some rain. Radar showing storms south of us moving toward us.
Posted on: 2015/5/3 23:10

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Hope everyone has had a good week and weekend. Been beautiful here, flowers blooming which means the grass is also doing well and is a foot tall. Much stress lately but the taxes are done. Found a car, then it sold. Then I've seen it relisted closer to home. I'm familiar with the town it's in, I have a relative that lives there, too bad we no longer speak I'd have him look for me.
Posted on: 2015/5/3 23:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
the Gris means gray in French I guess..........thought I would share that........

IS THIS SOME KIND OF AGEIST SLUR ABOUT HAIR COLOR? MY HAIR IS NOT GRAY. IT'S MORE LIKE WHITE :-)
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:16

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Well, crapola - the e-brake boot isn't even close to fitting. It's probably not worth returning overseas - maybe I can find somebody local who can mod it. Fortunately I was able to remove and reinstall the original without boogering it up.

Sounds like guru luck to me. The other day when we went to install the pond filter we couldn't find the O ring that goes on the top of the filter housing. Looked all over and traced our steps too. Nada. Called the customer service number and they told me it was supposed to be in the plastic envelope with the other items. I know it wasn't in there. They're sending me a new one. Found an O ring around the garage and stretched it a little. Damned thing worked. Next up the UV pond light. It is supposed to accommodate a 2" pvc pipe. The instructions then show it hooking up to the outside of 1 1/2 connector with a 2" overall dimension. We wanted 2" pipe in and 2" pipe out because of the pump output. The 2" pipe would not fit the light tubes adapter. 2" was too small for the first adapter and too big for the next size down. We ended up having to modify based on the time of night. We had to get the pump up and running. Everything connected and we go to put in the UV light bulb. It's in hard cased cardboard tube inside the shipping box. Extract the bulb and it's broken in the dead center. I know it wasn't the seller. He dated and initialed everything. Claiming it from the shipper I would have to present the whole box with all the contents and the box it was shipped in which I no longer have. Ordered a replacement bulb. Should have it this week. I just hope it isn't broken. Just so you know, this was mostly a plumbing project. On the Guru we just love plumbing.
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:20

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Let the birds eat and go buy your fruit at the market. I recommend the Petersons series books for bird identification. Fun for the whole family.

IT IS. THERE WAS A PAINTED BUNTING AT ONE OF MY FEEDERS THIS MORNING. RED AND BLUE AND YELLOW AND GREEN, WHAT A COLOR SCHEME!
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:21

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Never seen one of those - very cool-looking bird! Speaking of birds, a little woodpecker was inspecting one of our ash trees for something to eat today, and he came up empty. We've had emerald ash borers move into this area, so I've been treating our ash trees for several years. Must be working.
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:24

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Gris, I have bird books, butterfly books, fish books, astronomy books, insect books and others. I am always learning something new.
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Brad, I still have that back/pressure points book lying around here somewhere.
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:30

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

You guys watch birds, I want strawberries.
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:56

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Brad, I still have that back/pressure points book lying around here somewhere.

Har! Hope you find it useful for something other than storing your dust collection ;-)
Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:59

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 05.03.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
THERE WAS A PAINTED BUNTING AT ONE OF MY FEEDERS THIS MORNING. RED AND BLUE AND YELLOW AND GREEN, WHAT A COLOR SCHEME!

Same color scheme.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-04-05 02-09-21_0001.JPG (881.65 KB)
881_55477a296cf2c.jpg 1600X1200 px
Posted on: 2015/5/4 13:54

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Ya, but BillH's bird is a bully.
Posted on: 2015/5/4 14:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.