Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (225 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 06.25.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

No clear and sunny skies but I'll be driving the Vette to work. Gotta get my use out of it after winter plus being down with the PS issue. So far things are good this summer season. I still have a few upgrades to do, as always, but nothing keeping the car down.

Remember tomorrow is national drive your corvette to work day. So dust them off and take them out.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Posted on: 2015/6/25 11:25

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys...really tired after yesterday. It was a busy day but got a lot accomplished. More to do today. Supposed to be in the mid to upper 90's, and the wind is supposed to be just a breeze. Working in the rectory where it is ACed will be a nice change.
Posted on: 2015/6/25 12:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Selamat yehyah!

Nice and sunny out, but the commute was terrible, thanks to an influx of unfamiliar drivers (due to construction on other routes), a large percentage of whom were morons. And a sprinkling of strategically hidden revenue-seeking gendermes didn't help any, either. Oh well, I got here and am hoping the day flies by.

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/6/25 12:28

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

KPotter Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Hmmmm. For the past several summers I have had a groundhog living under my storage shed. It has recently gotten brave and started visiting my back deck to partake of the peanuts I put out for the birds and squirrels. When I got home yesterday I discovered that it must have decided to relocate as there is quite an excavation under my front porch.

Weather permitting, I will be getting the little red car out tomorrow and heading to the races. It looks like tomorrow will be the only decent day this weekend for getting some races in. Big Block Dirt Modifieds are on the agenda.

Later gang.
Posted on: 2015/6/25 13:36

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tom, I'm thinking an A/C unit for your shop would be a good investment ;-)
Posted on: 2015/6/25 14:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

I don't think I would like to take my GS to where I have to work.....but I could take it out of the shop drive around the block and back to the shop....and then go into the office which the door to it is in my shop.....that's what I will do......

Plumbers were at the door early this morning getting ready to put us on city water for the first time in history......when we moved here we were out in the country but the city has grown up around us........this is all being paid by the EPA Super fund......which you all have contributed to so thank you so much........... The best thing about it is we don't have to do any plumbing ourselves.....or have Tom come up and do it for us..........

Looks rainy out but its warm so we shall see. We need sunlight on the corn leaves to make some energy......

Be a big tipper today Guru's........those waitresses work hard........

Posted on: 2015/6/25 14:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Remember tomorrow is national drive your corvette to work day.

WHAT IS THIS "WORK" YOU SPEAK OF? :-)

SUMMER TIME IN THE NATIONS, AND I'M AGAIN REMINDED OF MY PET C4 PEEVE: THE WINDOW SILL IS TOO HIGH FOR ME TO COMFORTABLY HANG MY ELBOW OUT WHILE DRIVING.

SKEET LEAGUE RESUMED AFTER MONSOON HIATUS. THE WEATHER WAS HOT; THE SHOOTERS WERE NOT. EVEN THE COMPETITION TYPES WERE FLUBBING UP. I'D START OFF LIKE A HOUSE AFIRE, THEN LOSE MY RHYTHM AND FLAIL ABOUT LIKE A DRUNK FALLING DOWN STAIRS. I DID HIT ALL MY TARGETS ON STATION EIGHT, SOMETHING THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED IN A LONG TIME.

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW REASSURED I AM TO KNOW THAT VIOLENCE WILL STOP AS SOON AS WE BAN THE STARS AND BARS. WE ARE LIVING IN CLOUD-CUCKOO LAND.
Posted on: 2015/6/25 14:59

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I will be celebrating Drive Your Corvette to Work Day in the traditional fashion, by taking the day off (and all of next week too, just for good measure).

Meanwhile:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2015/6/25 15:11

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Did a few hours this morning and now I get to start on my stuff. I could work for this lady for a month if I was looking for work, but I'm not. Everybody has been taking this lady to the cleaners. They see her address and quadruple the price. WTF. There are a bunch of thieves in our midst.
Posted on: 2015/6/25 15:27

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

......@ Brad.....that's hilarious.......
Posted on: 2015/6/25 15:38

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Sue and I were just invited to attend this event with a friend/client. Interesting event.

http://www.oceanreef.com/Events/Vintage-Weekend-1634.html
Posted on: 2015/6/26 1:39

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Celebrating tonight...I finished my part of the rectory project. All that is left is a little paint touchup and the carpets and ductwork to be cleaned. Lots of nice comments about our part of work. My a$$ is dragging bad tonight. I might take tomorrow off.....probably not as there is quite a lot to do on the kitchen project before we leave on vacation next week.

Sure Marcus, I'll come up and do the plumbing for you....NOT. Brad, what's so funny about that? Happens here all the time. Tommy you're right, every where you turn there are freaking thieves. Brad, you're right, AC might be in order for the shop. Biggest problem is I have the doors open so often it would be a waste of energy to keep it cool a lot of the time.
Posted on: 2015/6/26 1:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Don't forget your camera, Tommy!
Posted on: 2015/6/26 3:11

CentralCoaster Re: Thursday Chat 06.25.15
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I don't think I would like to take my GS to where I have to work.....but I could take it out of the shop drive around the block and back to the shop....and then go into the office which the door to it is in my shop.....that's what I will do......

Plumbers were at the door early this morning getting ready to put us on city water for the first time in history......when we moved here we were out in the country but the city has grown up around us........this is all being paid by the EPA Super fund......which you all have contributed to so thank you so much........... The best thing about it is we don't have to do any plumbing ourselves.....or have Tom come up and do it for us..........

Looks rainy out but its warm so we shall see. We need sunlight on the corn leaves to make some energy......

Be a big tipper today Guru's........those waitresses work hard........

Don't count your blessings. Around here putting in a 1" water meter on new construction is about $20K in all to the city and county. I just need to upsize mine, but still about $4K in fees for that, plus I'm required to put in a back flow preventer, which will be another $400 or so not counting labor. Also the meter fee is equal to my consumption fee. Yes half my bill is paying for the privilege of being connected.
Posted on: 2015/6/26 4:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.