Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
278 user(s) are online (231 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98
The GM designation for the 5.7 liter, (350 cubic inch), TPI motor. This motor was used in other GM vehicles, but was used in the Corvette from 1985 t...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 07.31.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Last day of the month and a Friday to boot. Can't beat the weather lately. Hot, but I'm not complaining one bit. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Took the kids in the pool again yesterday. All of the $$$ I spent on swimming lessons over the winter are finally paying off. In the beginning the kids were still wearing their float packs and it was making me angry (why'd I spend money for you to wear floaties?) but now they are in there without. Obviously supervised.

Not much else to report.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/7/31 10:42

teebee Re: Friday Chat 07.31.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Morning guys...Matt, I know what you mean about the floaties. It just takes time for them to gain confidence. I NEVER allowed mt girls to use those things, we just threw them into the water and made them swim (ok, maybe not literally). My girls swam competitively from the time they could get on the team, #1 was 7, they came and asked us if we would let her swim on the team. Heck we didn't know anything about swim team then. The next year we figured, we've got one swimming #2 ought to swim too, so she started at age 5. and then next year we started #3, she was 4years old when she swam in her first race (if you want to call it a race), took her 3 1/2 minutes to swim the 33 yards. All three girls became excellent swimmers. #1 even swam competitively throughout college and past, into her 30's. I coached swim team for three years and the toughest part was convincing the newcomers they didn't need those floaties. I wouldn't allow them in the pool area when we had practice.

Supposed to start warming up here today, headed for the low 90's and stay there for the next several days. Headed to the "city" this morning as #1 heads back home we will take them out to eat lunch at one of their favorite places, then off to KC for them.

I just about have a credenza built for an office here in town, just have drawers and doors to build and put laminate on the top. I've ordered the laminate, should be here next week. And they are sliding doors, so have the hardware there ordered too. I'll put my "assistants" on to the finish sanding and staining.

Ok, I've written a small book this morning, better go find my coffee and come back later to find out how stupid this post reads.
Posted on: 2015/7/31 12:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

KPotter Re: Friday Chat 07.31.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

What a cool surprise I got last night.

When I got home I decided to check out the back yard to see if there was a place I could set up the camera to photograph the full moon.

I noticed something down by my fence and wondered what it was. Then it moved. Beautiful all white skunk was roaming around my storage shed.

Of course, by the time I went into the house and returned with the camera, it was gone.

I am now considering investing in a couple of game cameras.
Posted on: 2015/7/31 12:34

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 07.31.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Adesba?

Yahoo, it's Friday! Or so I'm told. Glad it is here.

Ken, by all means get a pic of Pepe le Pew's albino cousin - I imagine they're pretty rare!

From observations over the years, the best tool for getting kids to swim quickly is peer pressure. If their buddy can swim, they seem to catch on quickly.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2015/7/31 13:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 07.31.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE NATIONS, NICEST MORNING IN A WHILE, COOL, 70 DEGREES. THE CHEROKEES REJOICE.

GUESS I'LL HAVE TO OVERCOME MY PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE TENDENCIES AND FINISH THE WEED-EATING TODAY.

MORE DETAILS ON THE DRONE WAR:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29650818/hi ... ne-cites-right-to-privacy

"Only in cloud-cuckoo land... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be called ‘EXTREMISTS."
Posted on: 2015/7/31 14:06

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/7/31 14:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 07.31.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

....it was a good read Tee.....did not know you guys were into swimming.....

Hot here today.......Uboy and buds are headed over to the Grassroots Festival in Council Bluffs......big outdoor concert......even some old time bands going to be there.......ahhh....reminds me of 69 and the Denver Rock Concert......Janus and Jimi and Three Dog Night, CCR, Iron Butterfly and Grand Funk RR...........we got teargassed and people kept passing funny smelling cigarettes ..........strange......

Gotta go now......and listen to some oldies.........keep rocking that pool Matt that is great times for you and the kids......
Posted on: 2015/7/31 14:56

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14737 Posts

....looking for some fry bread recipes....and stumbled onto this.....

Posted on: 2015/7/31 16:31

CentralCoaster Re: Friday Chat 07.31.15
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

It's hard to imagine not knowing how to swim, I guess we grew up with a backyard pool, but I can't remember ever being taught.

Grown adults still drown in the surf and undertow. I guess that's got to be more inability to stay calm than inability to swim. I've been held underwater by my surfboard, slammed into the ocean floor, pulled into undertows, etc, and never once panicked, thought it was kinda fun even.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2015/7/31 18:16

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Haven't been in a long time, Marcus. But we were in pretty heavy for nearly 15 years. Still enjoy watching swimming though.

An albino skunk? eehheww that might be a stinky situation.

I guess my first post actually made some sense.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 0:15

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Got everyone fed and #1 and her kids off to KC. Then we went to Menards and picked up material for the ramp on the lawn building we built doors for. Once home we (myself and my "helpers") got down to building the ramp, took about an hour to cut the parts and put it together. We will take it over Monday and get it installed.

Working on a computer this evening and watching the Royals game. We've had a bad couple games in a row, time to get back on the winning track.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 0:20

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 07.31.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

NICE DAY, STAYED PLEASANT, ONLY 90, COMFORTABLE TO SIT ON THE DECK ALL DAY. FINISHED UP WEED-EATING AND REWARDED MYSELF WITH A BEER AND A LONG NAP:-)

DROVE THE TOMATO OVER TO MUSKOGEE FOR SUPPER, NICE WITH THE TOP DOWN. LIFE IS GOOD.

NEVER SEEN AN ALBINO SKUNK. ALBINO WILD LIFE DOESN'T USUALLY LAST LONG, DON'T KNOW IF A SKUNK WOULD BE AN EXCEPTION OR NOT. THE BLACK AND WHITE COLOR IS THEIR PROTECTION, ANTI-CAMOUFLAGE, AS IT WERE.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 0:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

We had an albino squirrel around here for a couple years - it was pretty cool-looking. The other squirrels didn't seem to like him much.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 0:57

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/8/1 1:06

Huskerland
14737 Posts

I used to know an albino biker years ago that rode with us......we had a nickname for him.......uh.....hmmm......oh yeah......we called him Albino.....I mean white hair, real white skin and kinda pink eyes.......rode a 61" Panhead....nice guy I liked him fine.......girls uh, found him interesting......they were always hanging around him.....so we hung around him to see if we could....uh....nevermind.......

It's Sturgis coming up all kinds of old memories begin to surface........
Posted on: 2015/8/1 2:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.