Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
212 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 08.01.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

First day of August, can you believe it? That means Christmas is only five months away, so get cracking on those shopping sprees Speaking of which, my wife was at Costco yesterday with the kids and they already had the Halloween costumes out. #1 picked out a pink power ranger suit and #2 will be Captain America. They seemed pretty excited about the purchase. Cheap, something like $20 each. I can deal with that. When we were kids we never bought costumes. Didn't have the money. We always made them. So you were a ninja, army solider, etc. One year my sister was a bag of jellybeans (clear garbage bag filled with balloons, a table (that was cool, had paper plates and a tablecloth glued to a box), I was a house (literally had siding attached to a box...hard to walk, though), and a few other unique and interesting ones.

Can't believe we're talking about Halloween the first day of August.

Ken - ever see that white skunk again?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/8/1 10:47

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING---
68 DEGREES THIS MORNING IN THE NATIONS; NO FLIES ON THAT!
GLAD I LEFT THE TOP DOWN ON THE TOMATO.

I READ THAT PLANNED PARENTHOOD SEEMS TO THINK PARTING OUT ABORTED BABIES IS OK BUT MAKING A PROFIT IS EVIL. INTERESTING VALUE SYSTEM, THAT.

The old cowboy was talking to a girl in the bar last night. She said, "If you lost a few pounds, had a shave and got your hair cut, you'd look all right."
He said, "If I did that, I'd be talking to your friends over there instead of you."
Posted on: 2015/8/1 13:30

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! I'm up "early" for a Saturday. My MIL is going to spend some time visiting relatives in South Dakota, so we're driving her half-way - a cousin is going to meet up with us for lunch and bring her back with them. She'll have a good time out there. I hope to get home in time to mow the lawn - boy, that is some kind of goal. The excitement never ceases.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/8/1 13:46

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys...Slept in a little today. Supposed to be humid today, so that 89* is going to feel much warmer, but I'm not complaining, it could ALWAYS be worse.

Not sure what's on the agenda for today, other than church. Rosie and I are scheduled to minister tonight so we have to go.

Matt, we saw saw Halloween stuff out too, yesterday, plenty early in my opinion. Gris, PP has some mighty strange ideas, just like most liberals. Brad, have a safe trip and have fun once you get back home....

I scored a Royals, Alex Gordon, road jersey replica last night on ebay. Just like the regular replica jerseys, except this one has the World series patches on it. These thing sold for $200 last fall, I got it for $45 shipped.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 14:12

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

I would really like to see a picture of you in that house costume Matt....that's funny....

I see the Royals got beat in extra innings last night......they are still 8 games up on the Twinkies and have the 2nd best win % in baseball......no worries here.....

....are you taking the Vette Brad? Don't go to far into SoDak there is a real mess over on the western end you know......called Sturgis......

Nice buy on the jersey Tom......all kinds of good stuff on the EBay.......

Rained big here yesterday with a thunder storm dropping an inch on us and more chances all day today.........bring it ........

May be time for my morning nap.......have a good weekend Guru's.....
Posted on: 2015/8/1 15:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Don't go to far into SoDak there is a real mess over on the western end you know......called Sturgis...

THE BOOMERANG WAS PACKED THIS MORNING, SO I HAD BREAKFAST AT THE AMERICAN LEGION. BIKERS WERE DOING THE COOKING & SERVING. HAD TO WIPE THE DROOL OFF THE TOMATO WHEN I LEFT:-)
Posted on: 2015/8/1 15:09

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hello
I have returned. The security module in my 99 Yukon took a dump on me 250 miles from home at my mother's place. Typical no longer available part and had to go to the recycled remanufactured market to get a replacement. It created a lock out situation where the SUV would not start. A 5 day trip turned into 10. All I had was my cellphone and I don't do much with that other than talk to people and glance at a few searches. Glad to be back home. I have a lot to catch up on. Vacation in 3 weeks. Catch up to fall behind again.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 16:15

captmike13 Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good afternoon gang.

Safe travels Brad.

Not much happening today. I did a brisket on the egg. Looking forward to that for dinner. The other project is to get the flex ducting put on for our central air. The old ducting had holes in it. It's been dry enough for long enough to be able to get under the house.

Have a good day gang.

Posted on: 2015/8/1 16:18

captmike13@yahoo.com

Huskerland
14736 Posts

Time to move up to a 2010 or 11 Tommy.......welcome back....
Posted on: 2015/8/1 16:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Time to move up to a 2010 or 11 Tommy.......welcome back....

I've been thinking about it for awhile now. Just spent $1300 on it because I had to. Gonna drive it for awhile. Maybe when TRUCK MONTH rolls around I'll look for a deeply discounted new one but 2011-2015 is still on the possible board. I would settle for a nice quad cab but wifey says if I want a quad cab I can have hers. Not exactly what I was thinking. She wants us to have a nice SUV to cruise around in and drag the boat (one day). Also great for shopping and road trips. The 99 has lasted us 16 years and still has plenty of life left in it. Just a bad break with that POS security system. Now most of that has been replaced. It has good rubber, brakes, front end, engine and tranny. I want to keep it while I can.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 18:27

Huskerland
14736 Posts

They have made a lot of improvements since 99 and the 5.3 engine is a horse. Both our Tahoe's have given us good service and we put a ton of miles on them.....as I say that the 10 is getting some work done to it now and the 09 had to have a new air conditioning set up this year.....but both have been very reliable....
Posted on: 2015/8/1 19:43

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 08.01.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Hey guys, delivered and installed the ramp while It was still not so hot. Even at that, I was sweating like pig by the time I was done. Got home and started work in the shop doing laminate. Putting it on the top of the credenza I'm building for the county treasurer's office. Last time I ordered the laminate from a local supplier, 18 square feet cost me $80. Same laminate, I found at HD.com this time, 32 square feet, delivered for $62, I like giving the local people business, but this was a no brainier. Also built the two file cabinet drawers for it. I'll get my "helpers" to staining the cabinet next week, and getting it finished so I can deliver it.
Posted on: 2015/8/1 20:55

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Just got done mowing, so I made my goal - I even had time to sharpen the blades beforehand. I think I was beating the grass to death the last couple times I mowed. The restaurant we had lunch at served breakfast all day, so I had a couple eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy - mmmmmmmm! We saw a lot of motorcycles headed for Sturgis. Also saw a real sweet '57 Chevy convertible for sale on the way, didn't even want to know what they were asking for it. Yesterday I saw a Mini (an original, not the reincarnation) - on the back, it said "Actual Size".
Posted on: 2015/8/2 0:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I just remembered to tip a Drambuie in my brother's direction - he would've been 75 today.
Posted on: 2015/8/2 3:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.