Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
240 user(s) are online (195 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 08.02.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So last night was an exciting adventure for the kids (exaggeration). They have been bugging me for 3 weeks to go camping in the backyard. So I set up the tent around 7 pm and put in a bunch of blankets and pillows. They played in there for a good hour and a half before I went in to sleep with them. Went to be around 9:00. By 9:20 RR#1 had given up and went in the house to sleep. RR#2 toughed it out all night long. I don't know why RR#1 didn't want to stick it out after she begged me for the past three weeks. Oh well.

Later today we have the annual picnic for my FIL's village from Poland. Always a nice time. Music, dancing, food, beer. We enjoy it. I usually end up working at the beer trailer or cleaning up since he is still the President. No big deal. Should be nice weather for it.

Brad - no drambuie, but I'll tip a beer in your brother's direction.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/8/2 12:50

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

ANOTHER NICE MORNING IN THE NATIONS, THE CHEROKEES ARE SMILING.

HERE IT IS THE "TWOTH" OF AUGUST AND ALL MY FIRST OF MONTH TASKS ARE DONE, AC FILTER CLEANED, DOGS PILLED, CLOCK WOUND, AND MAGAZINES ROTATED ON ALL STANDBY WEAPONS.

THAT DRAMBUIE IS BETTER IF YOU ADD LOTS OF SCOTCH WHISKY TO IT :-)
Posted on: 2015/8/2 13:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Why are we supposed to rotate magazines.......?

Beautiful morning here....I did sleep in till 9:30.....Brad is thinking....Rookie!

Today nothing planned. Took the Quick and the Silver into Lincoln last night for church and then we went out to eat. I just love that car......but the door started doing its no open thing again so the WD-40 trick did not last long. The fixit latch is at the Chevy Store in town so tomorrow I will pick it up and I will attempt to fix it.

They also have a new C7 in the show room they been bugging me to buy.....It's a sunrise orange Z51 with chrome wheels 7M and black interior. Its got the competition seats which look good but don't know about them for long term cruises......beautiful car......only 65K........I told them naaaaa. They wanted to look at my car to see what they would trade for.....I really like my Grand Sport and there is one more thing......I got the pink slip daddy.....

Everyone always bitched about the C6 seats but that was mostly in competition I think. They are very comfortable for long drives. My back is not the best but I can spend hours in the car and jump right out.....well maybe fall right out......no problem there for me.......if I could just get the door open.....

Brad a N/A is tipped in honor..........

Enjoy the summer Guru's......it's going fast.......
Posted on: 2015/8/2 14:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14728 Posts

Matt what did you ever figure out on the blow by issue on your car? Hell...just run it till she quits or fixes itself....... no worries Mon........
Posted on: 2015/8/2 15:12

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Beautiful, sunny day out there - gonna be a bit hot, though. My oldest son and his GF are gonna come over to BBQ later - they're cooking, so I can just sit around and look stupid, which is one of my best things.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, gents.

I saw this on the e-cig forum - LOL:

Have a great day, Gurus!

Posted on: 2015/8/2 15:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...Exciting night here too. I was up doing some design work and Rosie went to bed. I came up (lights all off) and went to get something in the kitchen and reaching for the light switch, hit a picture hanging on the wall and knocked it off the wall breaking the glass. Immediately the alarm system starts going off and the monitoring company calls up asking if everything is OK, "Yes, I just knocked a picture off the wall." I guess it's nice to know that the system works. So I go out to the shop and get the shopvac to clean up the glass and then go to bed. I forgot to arm the system again, so I get back up and arm the system. At 3:58am I awake to the alarm going off again, I slip on some shorts and go down to the panel where the company is trying to talk . I Identify myself and they say that there has been a breach. I find that the shop door has been opened. At this point, I don't know if I didn't pull the door completely shut and wind blew it open or if someone actually tried to get in and was scared off by the alarm. It wasn't blowing that hard, but I don't know for a fact that I got the door pulled completely shut. I looked in the shop and didn't see anything out of place or missing, but it is a bit unsettling to have that happen at 4am. We have had this system for years and only had one alarm go off before (which I set off myself accidentally). I finally got back to sleep about an hour later, so, again we slept in a bit.

Today we are headed over to the "city" and go to 'Mission Impossible' movie. We've invited the two grandsons and our daughter to go with us. We are a week away from our 40th anniversary.
Posted on: 2015/8/2 15:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

I submitted my post about an hour ago, but it didn't go the first time. Luckily I was able to hit the "back button" and recover what I had written.

Marcus, you need that orange C7....
Posted on: 2015/8/2 15:51

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Tom, the jersey you scored from ebay would look nice framed and hanging over the fireplace mantle. Marcus, you only live once. Get the C7. (I like spending other peoples money.) Matt, sleeping in the yard with the kids is great. it will leave an indelible impression in your 50's as to why you no longer like to sleep on bare ground. The closest I get to sleeping in a tent nowadays is a cheap motel. Gris, 68* sounds awesome. Brad enjoy the BBQ
Posted on: 2015/8/2 17:11

Huskerland
14728 Posts

oh no.....positive re-enforcement on the C7......I need negative vibes mon...

Yeah we have had the wake up calls a couple of times when the alarms went off. The last time was the cops at the door at 2 or 3 am saying we had an intruder alert out in the shop.....that's when the air compressor safety popped and the compressor was near melt down from running while all the air escaped......nice!

other time an upstairs window banged open from the wind and we had forgot our everything is ok security word so they know someone isn't holding a gun to our head........finally remembered that before they called the cops in....

Like you said though its nice to know they are on the job.........

Thanks for the primer on electricity Brad......I did not know a lot of that stuff......
Posted on: 2015/8/2 17:18

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Uh...duh....it's so you aren't reading July's copy of "Farmers Monthly" in August. Sheesh.
Posted on: 2015/8/2 17:44

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Matt what did you ever figure out on the blow by issue on your car? Hell...just run it till she quits or fixes itself....... no worries Mon........

No. I have been running the MMO for about 300-400 miles so far. It certainly cleaned out some carbon at first (I could see it in the exhaust) but so far still smokes heavily under hard acceleration. Possibly causes: broken piston skirt, broken/damaged ring, scored cylinder walls. Considering that the motor ate two dizzy drive gears, I can't count out damaged cylinder walls, etc. I need to get a borescope in there.
Posted on: 2015/8/2 17:46

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
...but it is a bit unsettling to have that happen at 4am. We have had this system for years and only had one alarm go off before (which I set off myself accidentally). I finally got back to sleep about an hour later, so, again we slept in a bit.

I agree. We set the alarm at night or when not home. Apparently (I don't remember, this is what my wife tells me) my father in law came over years ago when I was asleep and came in the house (they have a key), setting off the alarm. I am reported to have responded to the alarm wearing boxers and carrying a .45. Not sure if that's true, because I don't remember it..... To this day, FIL will not come over and open the door without calling first. Can't understand why.
Posted on: 2015/8/2 17:49

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Everyone always bitched about the C6 seats but that was mostly in competition I think.

They suck on the track.
But they are very nice in the street.

But then the new C7 Z06's suck on the track and on the street.
Posted on: 2015/8/2 22:31

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Been fixing screw ups.

Where the bodyshop screwed up the 67's hood, my bodywork could be seen from ONLY one angle, when you got very close.
So, 6 hours of work and block sanding on that. Have to reshoot the whole hood but the pain in the ass part is done.

Then somehow, we missed painting the 1/4 inch lip on the hood surround and the radiator core support that bolts between the front fenders had over spray on it.

So........tent the car, tape the entire engine bay, shoot the color and clear on the hood lip.
Then tape that off and shoot the core support in semi gloss black then, when dry, tape the core support and the entire front end to shoot the engine bay and grill area with SEM trim black. A boatload of taping but the bay is done and ready to install stuff.

Attach file:

jpg  2015-07-11 10-19-44_0002.JPG (490.00 KB)
881_55be9d6450223.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  2015-07-11 10-19-30_0001.JPG (382.78 KB)
881_55be9d751b6ce.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  2015-07-18 10-37-17_0005.JPG (517.79 KB)
881_55be9da3e3dae.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  2015-07-18 10-37-09_0004.JPG (461.75 KB)
881_55be9db66150c.jpg 1600X1200 px
Posted on: 2015/8/2 22:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I could almost puke thinking about doing the cut and buff on the rest of the car.

Got the headlight buckets done.
Take a razor blade and cut down 2 runs in the clear (very carefully). Then block the runs down to the level of the clearcoat. Good thing there's 4 coats of clear on the car.
Wet sand with 1000 grit.
Wet sand with 1500 grit.
Wet sand with 2000 grit.
Start the buffing with Maguiar's Professional Diamondcut
Then buff with Dual Action Polish.
Then buff with Machine Glaze

Each takes a different buffing pad.

5 hours to do 2 small pieces.

Attach file:

jpg  2015-08-02 12-31-27_0007.JPG (594.92 KB)
881_55be9fcce8076.jpg 1600X1200 px
Posted on: 2015/8/2 22:55

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Funny, Bill, Rosie just asked today if you had been working on the 67. Thanks for the update.

Hot August nights this week?
Posted on: 2015/8/2 23:13

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Looks better than new, Bill!
Posted on: 2015/8/2 23:58

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Funny, Bill, Rosie just asked today if you had been working on the 67. Thanks for the update.

Hot August nights this week?

Yea, I may be judging the cars on Victorian Avenue ,near where your hotel was, with Gary (the guy who painted the 67). He's the Vice Chairman for Fund Raising for HAN.
Posted on: 2015/8/3 1:05

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 08.02.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

IF YOU LEAVE A MAG LOADED TOO LONG THE SPRING WILL WEAKEN/SET AND THE MAG MAY NOT FEED PROPERLY. A MAJORITY OF AUTO PISTOL JAMS ARE MAGAZINE RELATED. HOW LONG IS TOO LONG? ?QUIEN SABE? I CHANGE OUT MY LOADED MAGS MONTHLY.

BEEN A FINE DAY, DROVE THE TOMATO OVER TO MUSKOGEE FOR BURGERS & MILKSHAKE AT BRAHMS. CAME HOME THE LONG WAY, ALONG THE NEOSHO. SHADY AND COOL DOWN BY THE RIVER. NICE TOP DOWN DRIVE :-)
Posted on: 2015/8/3 1:31

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.