Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
219 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Shark
Any Corvette from model year 1968 to 1982 is loosely referred to as a Shark. Stemming from the Mako concepts and a general acceptance that the C3 lo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 10.01.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy October everyone. Time for that Halloween spirit. I know pumpkin spice is in full effect, because my wife likes the pumpkin spice coffee from DD. I took a sip the other day and it was horrible. I'm not a coffee drinker to begin with, but it was awful. Anyone else like it?

No updates on the car other than my headers are ready. I get to pick those up today. Not sure when I'll pull the block. I think I'm just discouraged to find broken parts and pay to build something I already built. Oh well.

RR#2 still has a nasty fever as of last night. No school today. This is day 3 of being sick. Hope he feels better soon.

What's new out there, Gurus?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/10/1 10:42

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Rabu anu wisau!

Today is a carbon-copy of yesterday, other than it is a new month. Looks like we'll have more of the same for several days - very pleasant. What was unpleasant was putting a new door on the microwave last night. My wife somehow managed to ding and scratch the door, so she wanted me to get a new one. Since if she's not happy, nobody's happy, I ordered one - a little over $200. The first one came, and the box had "DAMAGED" written on it in a couple places. And of course, it was - some nimrod must've put it back on the shelf after it was returned. So the 2nd one came yesterday. Not a big deal to swap the door itself, but the new one had a cheesy handle on it, so I had to swap them as well, which meant taking both doors all apart. PITA. But she is scratch and dent-free.

Rugrat mojo, Matt!

Have a great day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2015/10/1 13:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Rabu anu wisau!

Today is a carbon-copy of yesterday, other than it is a new month. Looks like we'll have more of the same for several days - very pleasant. What was unpleasant was putting a new door on the microwave last night. My wife somehow managed to ding and scratch the door, so she wanted me to get a new one. Since if she's not happy, nobody's happy, I ordered one - a little over $200. The first one came, and the box had "DAMAGED" written on it in a couple places. And of course, it was - some nimrod must've put it back on the shelf after it was returned. So the 2nd one came yesterday. Not a big deal to swap the door itself, but the new one had a cheesy handle on it, so I had to swap them as well, which meant taking both doors all apart. PITA. But she is scratch and dent-free.

Rugrat mojo, Matt!

Have a great day, yawlz!

This could be just about any guru other than BillH. Since he's not married he has nothing to do other than DNBFS.
Posted on: 2015/10/1 13:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just about done with my online socialization and getting ready to go to work on some stuff that makes a difference (at least for a week or so). Yup, cutting grass. Hurricane Joaquin is a few hundred miles east of us so for that I can be grateful. We have a little breeze today. Fall weather in Florida. High of 92 expected today. Lovely, simply lovely.
Posted on: 2015/10/1 13:59

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7636 Posts

THE PRETTY FALL WEATHER CONTINUES IN THE NATIONS IN SPITE OF RAIN OVER ON THE OKLAHOMA SIDE. I'M OPPOSED TO RAIN UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE IN THE YEAR FOR THE GRASS TO GROW:-)

FINISHED A BOOK BY A GUY WHO CLAIMS HE HAS FOUND THE SITE OF SODOM IN JORDAN. HIS THEORIES SOUND PLAUSIBLE, IF HE HAS FOUND WHAT HE CLAIMS, BUT I HOPE HE IS A BETTER ARCHAEOLOGIST THAN HE IS A WRITER. THE BOOK WAS A PIA TO READ.

My 65 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I'm worried about the 205 lbs. I've gained.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 13:59

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

This could be just about any guru other than BillH. Since he's not married he has nothing to do other than DNBFS.

True, my schedule:

Today - F.O.
Tomorrow - Throw the suitcase in the truck, take a nice mountain drive to the race track
Sat. & Sun. - 2 days of excitement rockin' with some car guys at the track
Monday - F.O.
Tuesday - Ponder starting my 2012 Spring Cleaning
Posted on: 2015/10/1 14:24

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4645 Posts

Fall weather here much to my dislike. I'd give bout anything to live in Florida or Cali or hell, just on some island in the tropics anywhere. I HATE it here. Can thank my folks for packing up and moving to Arkansas during the 70s. Coullda left me out there with my nanny.
Rugrat mojo to Matt.
Bf has done way better than I expected. Most sick men are whiny and stuff. He's trying to be up and around, of course there's stuff he can't do so I do for him. Was up at 4am and settled into a recliner. Said getting in and out of bed for bathroom was too hurtful.Gave me money to bring beer home after work. Now that makes sense... sit around and drink beer and bitch cause you have to get up to pee LOL.. S'ok.. I can pick up some of my new favorite dark brew.. Bourbon Barrell Dragon's Milk.. Very smooth stuff and tastes good. High alcohol content so only one or two.
http://newhollandbrew.com/our-beer/dragons-milk/
Posted on: 2015/10/1 14:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That reminds me:

http://drinkify.org/
Posted on: 2015/10/1 18:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I don't know if I ever mentioned this but I LOVE Florida winters. I can hardly wait. I'm f'n summered out. It's so hot and humid. Have to suffer another 6 weeks or so before my favorite time of year begins. Then I'll be bitchin because the cooler weather makes my joints ache. LOL But It will be comfortable outside. In summer my joints ache but they seem to ache less. I could bitch all day but if I just look at a few that are truly suffering then all my bitchin turns into a low whine.

I've got it great. No complaints from me. Now ........ get back to work.
Posted on: 2015/10/1 19:16

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Hey guys....was getting around to head out this morning when #3 (the one we are coming to watch grands for) called and said her FIL had taken a turn for the worse, he had surgery Monday, and could we leave ASAP. So we got around about a half hour early and took off. We were supposed to pick up the grands at after school care anyway. She called when we were about an hour away from KC to tell us he didn't make it. So the plans have changed for the weekend. We don't know yet what those plans are. We have the two kids and they told us not to tell them yet, so we haven't told them.

We were all packed, but when we heard he was sick we put clothes in to go to a funeral if we had to...I guess we made the right decision. Life sucks.....
Posted on: 2015/10/1 22:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Life is what it is. Short for some, long for others. You can live a long time and accomplish nothing and you can live a short time and accomplish miracles. Then some like us have a mixture of both. Sorry for your daughters loss and the loss for her family. Thankfully, you and your wife are there to lend a helping hand.
Posted on: 2015/10/1 23:24

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sorry to hear that, TB.
Posted on: 2015/10/2 0:18

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Thanks Tommy
Posted on: 2015/10/2 0:23

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Thanks Matt.
Posted on: 2015/10/2 0:27

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Life is what it is. Short for some, long for others. You can live a long time and accomplish nothing and you can live a short time and accomplish miracles. Then some like us have a mixture of both. Sorry for your daughters loss and the loss for her family. Thankfully, you and your wife are there to lend a helping hand.

+1
Posted on: 2015/10/2 0:36

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Thanks Brad.
Posted on: 2015/10/2 1:39

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Sorry to hear Tom.....

Saw some country today.....Big Sky Country......ran 833 miles from Seattle to Billings........Tomorrow I will run thru Sheridan and then over to Spearfish and then the car can almost find its way home by itself......

Now a hot shower and some Z's........goodnight Guru's.....
Posted on: 2015/10/2 4:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 10.01.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7636 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

+1

+2
Posted on: 2015/10/2 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.