Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
200 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Mirrors
Side mirrors: both should move in all directions.

A little whirring from the motor is normal....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 02.06.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Saturday everyone. Chilly here, but I don't think we are expecting any snow so that is good. How is the snow situation out by you, Marcus? Starting to get everything cleared out?

Tonight is the Daddy/Daughter Dance at the rec center. I will be taking RR#1 to that. She is excited to go since she missed it last year. Her little friend from down the street is also going so they will have each other to keep company with and pal around. Her dad is a nice guy. I don't know him too well but we've talked a few times. His hobby is flying planes so he can't be too bad.

Positive note for the car, the missing oil pan bolt arrived in the mail yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/2/6 12:47

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7617 Posts

CLEAR AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY DAY COMING UP.

TODAY'S BIG EVENT IS THE TRIP TO STILLWATER TO HEAR #1 GRANDSON'S GIRLFRIEND SING THE LEAD IN THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT OPERA AT OSU. WE'RE VANNING OVER WITH DAUGHTER AND FAMILY. THIS MAY MEAN I HAVE A NINE YEAR OLD IN MY LAP THE WHOLE WAY :-)
Posted on: 2016/2/6 14:16

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12358 Posts

Morning guys...pretty chilly this morning, but going to make a huge comeback. I have to drive out and meet a guy to deliver an "icon" that is making the rounds to different chapters of our mens group. It's so nice (other than the temps right now) that I've decided to drive the Corvette. I've got to get it down and uncovered, so better not dilly-dally around here.

Sounds like fun Matt, I always enjoyed doing dances when the kids were here. Gris, that doesn't sound too bad. Worse things than having to spend time with grandkids.
Posted on: 2016/2/6 14:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14723 Posts

Snow is under control out here....I80 is clear as are secondary and most gravel roads.....going to be awhile till it melts though.

Yeah nothing better than taking your daughter out on a date.....I still like to do that.....especially to Husker Games....take your daughter to work day was fun also...

As I went out to get the paper off the porch today the paper woman was just getting here. So I opened the storm door to say Hi and the dog charges out to protect his domain, so I quickly follow him so he does not do anything stupid.........I'm in my bare feet.......I grab the dog and start to go back inside but the storm door won't open......its like 10 degrees out.....I pound on the door but my bride is sound asleep at the other end of the house....my feet are starting to burn as I hop from foot to foot.....so I head off the front porch to the back deck thru the ice and snow to get the key we hide out in case we can't get in.......its gone.....my feet are really burning and getting numb at this point.....

Luckily I have already unlocked the shop earlier so I head out there to the office and call my wife up using the fax machine....(brilliant) lucky again that her phone is by her side of the bed and she answers and everything turned out ok.....no frostbite......if the shop had been locked I would have had to go around thru the drifts to pound on our bedroom windows.....if she was gone and the shop was locked.....I would go to my truck.....wait it was locked also.......then I would have had to break something I'm thinking......

I was moving pretty fast for an old guy.......geez.....it doesn't take long to get yourself in a pickle......out here......in the wild west.....

Keep your feet warm today Guru's........
Posted on: 2016/2/6 15:25

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33754 Posts

Marcus, thanks for the story. I played the visual in my mind and thoroughly enjoyed the short film version in my head. Sorry you had to endure a hardship to provide me with a little entertainment. My sister , niece, great nephews and great niece are all on there way to the rugby matches. The kids ran around the yard and explored, picked some fruit, played with the butterflies, dogs, pigs and so on. One of them stepped in a pile of animal excrement and walked across a patio rug and into the house. The trail was fairly easy to follow. Did a light clean up around the house and eliminated as much of the offending matter from the rug and floor as possible. Great way to start the day. Makes everything else I do today seem easy.
Posted on: 2016/2/6 15:57

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Some entertaining reads here this morning, I can relate - LOL! Gonna hit the tanning joint today, and we will be going to our friends' annual vacation planning party tonight. No Vette-driving is on today's schedule, though. But if the groundhog was right the other day, perhaps in a month or so....

Enjoy the day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2016/2/6 16:07

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

j3studio Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Good afternoon, all.

I agree that the stories are good today, but am afraid I have nothing to contribute.

Posted on: 2016/2/6 19:10

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Here's my story about how the local Chevy dealer pissed me off today:

I called the Chevrolet dealer on Thursday to ask about a part. The guy tells me no problem I usually stock that but I'm out -it's $39 and I'll have it on Saturday.

I stop in today and talk to a different guy. He says I don't have that part I have to order it and I can have it Wednesday. I asked him if he normally stocks that and he says no. Then he tells me my discount price is $53 (buddies own shops, etc, so I get a break).

When he told me it was $53 I told him the list price was 39.99. He looked it up and said that was the old list price, GM changed the part number and now the list is 75.99.

How do I get two completely different answers from two different people? He asked me if I wanted to order it and I told him no I'll just order it online and he looked at me like I was crazy. And you wonder why people hate dealerships?

So much for supporting local business.

It cost me $37 shipped from Amazon and will be here Monday.
Posted on: 2016/2/6 21:00

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14723 Posts

No kidding I have done that exact thing......gone out and fought it out with the Chubby store.....can't remember the part but took them forever then they finally told me they couldn't get it. Ordered it from Amazon for half the money and it was here in 2 days.......

Enjoyed your book John....will take it with us when we do the Mother Road.....we will probably start in Joplin and go from there......
Posted on: 2016/2/6 21:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: Saturday Chat 02.06.16
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Enjoyed your book John ... will take it with us when we do the Mother Road ... we will probably start in Joplin and go from there ...

Thanks for the kind words, Marcus.

hello2

Posted on: 2016/2/7 0:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.