Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
233 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

This month seems to be flying by already. Busy around the house as usual and with the kids. I have my weekend coming up so I plan on tinkering with the car a bit. I also want to get started repainting the walls in my bedroom. It's been the same color for almost 10 years, so it's time for a change. It will be going from a deep red to a silver-gray, so it will take a few coats. I'm going to start it with one wall at a time. I already did the rear wall a couple of years ago as an "accent" wall so that one is ok. But it's a big room and red is hard to cover. Should work out just fine.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/2/9 11:33

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! It is "crisp" today, single digits for now, gonna get up to a blistering 14 later. Definitely requires a light sweater or windbreaker.

Matt, primer is your friend if you're covering red.

Enjoy your day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2016/2/9 13:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Tuesday Chat 02.09.2016
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys....A cool start off this morning. I have several things to do this morning, so I better get to them.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2016/2/9 13:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Morning all......Had a guy show up on our porch last night who after we invited him in asked for our #2 daughters hand in marriage. We are a bit gun shy after our first go round with daughter marriage so we grilled him pretty hard. I was good cop and Uwoman was bad cop......but we got some stuff straight and by the time he left we gave him our blessing. My advice...don't screw this up.......Mom's advice.....we are watching always watching.....

He's a good Nebraska kid, nothing fancy. He is a male nurse and comes from a good solid Christian family......of course daughter still has to say yes....so we shall see......

Sun is out but cold here today.......as the month is going by I am more motivated to start getting with it.......the vacation's over its time to hit it....

Have a day of contemplation Guru's......
Posted on: 2016/2/9 13:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sounds like another fun day in guru-land. I'm working on getting the area I'm going to build my shed prepped. Luckily there is a slab in place and poles in the ground to offer strength and hold the thing in place in the event of high winds. I have to build the floor up 8" though because it's an area that had 4" of standing water during the last record breaking December storm. Heavy rains are a once in 10 year event but the shed should be high and dry.

Meanwhile, in Florida news .......

http://on.nbc6.com/A9sxpsw
Posted on: 2016/2/9 14:15

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Wow....Florida the land of infinite weirdness........how are you going to build the floor up Tommy?
Posted on: 2016/2/9 14:25

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

SUNNY, COLD, AND STILL WINDY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, BUT NOT SO BAD AS YESTERDAY.

HAD SOME BIG WILDFIRES, ONE CLOSED I-44 AND CAUSED A MULTI-CAR PILE UP. PEOPLE WILL STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD---:-0

AH YES, I REMEMBER THE "WANNA MARRY YOUR DAUGHTER" ROUTINE WIT #1 SIL. #2 NEVER ASKED. THEY WENT TOGETHER FROM EIGHTH GRADE THROUGH COLLEGE, SEEMED A FOREGONE CONCLUSION :-)
Posted on: 2016/2/9 14:45

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

NOW WHERE'S THAT DAMN PADDLE?

Attach file:

jpg  ACREEK.jpg (38.34 KB)
12496_56b9fd49b2be7.jpg 479X320 px
Posted on: 2016/2/9 14:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
how are you going to build the floor up Tommy?

I'm thinking about it but it definitely will involve some pressure treated double 2"x8"'s around the outside frame.That should give me the elevation I need. Might just do 2"x8" floor joists as well to support the floor. As I mentioned earlier it may have to handle elevated water for a day or two once in a blue moon. The object is to keep the contents above the flood water. I guess I could go with a level of block then the floor but that brings it higher than I'd like. Still tossing it around in my head. We'll soon see. I'll post a before picture before I start.
Posted on: 2016/2/9 18:55

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

wow - Marcus - kids still approach parents beforehand and 'ask for the hand in marriage?' wow. that right there would rank him pretty high to me. His parents obviously instilled some manners.
Matt are you by chance using some Paint that also contains primer such as Behr? They run around $35 a gallon but are great covering paints. The usual two coats does it. Just did the office at the body shop a light grey and it covered a deep dark blue nicely. Acid stained floors and painted wicker furniture satin black with red/orange cushions and stuff too - huge change up there and will be easier to clean. He's getting the place ready in hopes of selling. Covered up to a giraffe's ass at the graphic's shop too.
And Progressive insurance is still jacking me around on my truck - bout to piss me smooth off
Posted on: 2016/2/9 19:59

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 02.09.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Congrats, Marcus.

Letty - I don't remember which paint I used already, I have to dig the can out of the basement. The behr brand has become too expensive in my opinion. For the bathroom last month I used the Glidden duo.
Posted on: 2016/2/10 4:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.