Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
207 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Morning guys........Nebr. Carrier enforcement tuned us up 400 bucks yesterday because our axel weights were not correct. Our overall weight was fine but each axel must carry so much of the load......so we spent over an hour trying to get the right down pressure on our pusher axel on the tractor to take more weight. We moved the fifth wheel forward to transfer more weight to the tractor also..........can't we just get in and drive and do some work? guess not......

So I am headed out to weigh the other truck this morning to make sure its correct now...........

Up and at em Guru's........we gotta pay those tickets off..........
Posted on: 2016/2/11 12:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

That's too bad, Marcus. Sounds kind of pimpy for 400 lbs. I could understand if it were 4,000 lbs, or even 1,000 lbs. But 400 doesn't sound like much for a semi-load of product.

Wifey is at work today so I'm in charge Kids will be up soon then it's off to school with them. After school they have extra-curricular activities, of course. I might try to work on the car in the meantime.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/2/11 12:54

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! The thermometer in the truck read -3 on the way in, but it is supposed to get up to a sweltering 19 later. I'd better get the air conditioner checked.

Marcus, I'm sure some dumbass did something eons ago that caused the gubbermint to enact regulations that make you miserable. "Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it!"

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/2/11 13:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7637 Posts

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER PRETTY DAY COMING UP IN THE NATIONS, MAYBE NOT QUITE SO WARM.

SOUNDS LIKE KANSAS HAD A HEAT WAVE, TEEBEE, STAY HYDRATED. (THAT'S NEWSPEAK FOR DRINK LOTS OF WATER) DOES ANYBODY TAKE SALT TABLETS ANY MORE?
Posted on: 2016/2/11 14:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

KPotter Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

So I saw a commercial for a new Lexus last night and I got to wondering what kind of new technology they have come up with.

Here's the scene. Woman in a nice LBD is walking in the city.
Guy wearing a black tux in a white Lexus starts trying to intercept. Flash to the digital dashboard, display actually reads 38 D.

I think the system might need fine tuned, that was pretty generous.
Posted on: 2016/2/11 14:34

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Ya Matt....we were 4000 lbs over and the fine was $400.00....the steering axle was light and the pusher axle between the front and the rear tandems must take up 8% of the gross load weight. In this case that was 8000 lbs. and the pusher was only registering 4000 lbs. All that needs done is to turn a knob and force more down pressure on the axle. They don't let you do that while they have you stopped. It was our mistake but you know I don't like to pay out fines.......

Checked the other truck out today and it was off also...so messed with it to get it set right......Carrier Enforcement in Nebraska have their Smokey hats on real tight...if you know what I mean......

...No Gris now everyone drinks Gatoraid or other electrolyte drinks to stay hydrated.......no salt pills...its a new age thing.....

@ Ken.....hmmmm.....that may be some useful tech....
Posted on: 2016/2/11 16:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Hey guys...Another early start this morning. Back to working on the 'she-shed', it's coming along pretty good. It's already shirtsleeve temps here and headed to low 70's again. I'll take it.

Haven't seen that commercial yet, Ken. Marcus, they are like that here in Kansas. too. You see those guys between here and the 'city' about every other time we go with their portable scales out and some poor trucker waiting for the bad news.
Posted on: 2016/2/11 17:47

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
@ Ken.....hmmmm.....that may be some useful tech....

I don't need no stupid tech to tell me "Those are nice." I can always tell by the Schwing meter.
Posted on: 2016/2/11 18:59

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Well I didn't get off concrete pour free. Had a little spot I did to keep critters from taking up residence under the shed. Now I can start dragging home lumber. Lot's of 8, 10 and 16 ft. material coming this way. I'm gonna do it bit by bit. Floor first, wall framing and headers next then the trusses and roofing. Don't need all the material just lying around. I can use the bigger nursery trailer to haul the stuff home. Looks like I'll be in for a workout. I'm doing as much as I can solo. I'll get to use lots of tools that have been sitting idle.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_3192.JPG (81.04 KB)
852_56bcdcf0b8164.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_3191.JPG (71.53 KB)
852_56bcdd02b2641.jpg 640X480 px
Posted on: 2016/2/11 19:12

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat.......2-11-16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sorry Marcus, I misread that first post. In that case you're a serious offender and need the book thrown at you At least it is easy to correct in the future.

Got a chance to tinker in the garage. Went to put the flexplate on and of course I was missing the star lock washers. So that meant a trip to the hardware store. There was a little prep work and some head scratching as to how some brackets mounted, but then I was ready to work. Got the motor dropped in and partially bolted in. Motor mounts are attached so it's not going anywhere, but only had time to get 4 bellhousing bolts in. Fought with those for quite a bit. It is certainly easier with a lift! Hopefully I can finish bolting everything together this evening, if not tomorrow. I'm busy doing dad stuff for the next few hours.
Posted on: 2016/2/11 21:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.