Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (207 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Crazy8 Corvette Challenge 2008 Schedule for Moroso Motorsports Park
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Corvette Challenge 2008 Schedule:
January 19
February 16
March 29
April 19
May 17
June 21
July 19
August 16
September 20
October 18
November 22
December 20
Gates open at 4:30pm.
The 2008 Horse Power Sales Corvette Challenge at Moroso Motorsports Park will be run under the rules and guidelines set forth by Moroso Motorsports Park and the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA).

Cost
The entry fee for each race day will be $30. This will get car and driver into the track and racing. Spectators are welcome and entry is $13 for an event.
Prizes
Trophies for Winner and Runner-up at each Event. Series Champion will be crowned and invited to the Awards Banquet.
Basic Safety Rules
A helmet must be worn. If you do not own one, you can rent one at the track. Drivers must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves (except where a fire jacket is required) when on the track. During the hot summer days many of us just wear shorts under gym pants and take off the gym pants between runs. Then we throw the gym pants on for the next run. Keep in mind, we are a group of Corvette drivers having fun and the track has the right to impose any rule for the safety of the participants. This paragraph is not intended to be a complete rules list but a guideline for those that are unfamiliar with drag racing rules.
The rules are designed to promote Safety and Fairness. The rules for participation are as follows:

Your Car: Must be a Corvette. Any year. Any model. It can be stock or highly modified, "bone to blown".

Electronic Gadgets: There will be NO electronics allowed. This means:

NO delay boxes may be used.
NO shutter boxes may be used.
NO two-steps may be used.
NO trans brakes

Anyone found using an electronic aiding device will be banned from running in the The Horse Power Sales Corvette Challenge for a period of no less than one (1) year. The items mentioned above are not all-inclusive but are intended as samples of electronic devices designed to give a driver an advantage over other drivers.
Safety:
Please read this very carefully. Participating in a Horse Power Sales Corvette Challenge drag race, or any sanctioned drag race is a PRIVILEGE - not a right. To earn and maintain the privilege of racing each driver will be required to comply with ALL safety rules. Period.

Keep in mind, we are a group of Corvette drivers having fun AND the host track has the right to impose ANY rule for the safety of participants. Please also note that it is NOT the Horse Power Sales Corvette Challenge that determines what safety equipment and procedures to follow while at the track. It is the host track that makes these determinations. Please take the time to log on to the tracks website at www.morosomotorsportspark.com and familiarize yourself with THEIR safety requirements.

The above information is not intended to be a complete rules list but, rather, a guideline for those that may be new to drag racing and somewhat unfamiliar with general drag racing rules.

Points: All participants are eligible for points when they race. No additional fee for points is required. Points will be assigned in the following manner;

10 points for starting the event
10 points for each round won
2 extra points for winning the event
1 extra point for runner-up in the event

Not too many C4's run out there. Thought I would pass the information around. There are a number of Challenges out there on the same night:
Corvettes, GM (any GM car that isn't a Corvette, this is starting in Febraury), Mustangs, Trucks and Mopar. I ran the Corvette Challenge with my old 01 Z06 and am now running my Charger in the Mopar Challenge...until my 86 Vette is ready to go on the track. Then, I am going back to the Corvette Challenge. The past couple champions have been C4's. It is a great time out with great people, if you don't want to race. It is bracket racing, so you only need to run as hard as you want to.
Posted on: 2008/1/29 22:12
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy #981 of 1400
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone RE:Corvette Challenge 2008 Schedule for Moroso Motorsports Park
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Is there anything planned for County Line that you know of? I know they had Challenge events last year. Living in Homestead, Moroso is a pretty good drive for us. Maybe I'll visit an event or two as a spectator. Thanks Crazy8.
Posted on: 2008/1/29 22:20

Crazy8 RE:Corvette Challenge 2008 Schedule for Moroso Motorsports Park
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

They have not released dates yet for the Countyline Challenges. All that has been confirmed is that they will be on opposite weekends from the Moroso Challenges. Here is some news copied from CF:
The Countyline GM challenge schedule has not been releaseed, but it will be on opposite weekends as the Moroso Challenges. The winter Challenge will be a 4 race event and will consist of the top 16 overall points from the other 3 challenges. Countyline Challenge is for ANY GM bodied vehicle, even your minivan. Moroso Corvette Challenge is for Corvettes only. Moroso GM Challenge is the same as Countyline Challenge, except for Corvettes. Winter Challenge is for ALL GM's. SO, you have 3 events, 2 times a week to shedule a race night, a chance to race ANY GM, and the time of your life!! Want to know more?? Ready to race?? Ready to meet new friends that share the same passion as you?
Posted on: 2008/1/30 15:20

TommyT-Bone RE:Corvette Challenge 2008 Schedule for Moroso Motorsports Park
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Great info. Countyline homepage hasn't been updated from what I could see and I haven't been there for a while. We'll see what my schedule will leave me.
Posted on: 2008/1/30 15:44

Crazy8 Re: Corvette Challenge 2008 Schedule for Moroso Motorsports Park
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

TTT...reminder, Corvette and GM Challenge at Moroso is this Saturday. Gates for this event open at 5:00pm.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 13:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.