Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
238 user(s) are online (209 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rear Hatch Release
There are releases on the trailing edges of each door and one under the center console.

The center console button will only work if the car is in...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ramrod ASR Servo
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

Does the ASR servo on a 96 LT-1 have a recoil spring that returns it to stop?
Posted on: 2016/4/28 22:10

bogus Re: ASR Servo
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that's a good question... I always thought the motor drove it internally... but a spring does make sense.

I have never taken one apart, nor have I had the need.

Is your's not working?
Posted on: 2016/4/28 23:32

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: ASR Servo
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

I thought it was a motor like Andy said. But I've never had one apart. It does have an electrical connection, doesn't it?
Posted on: 2016/4/29 0:30

donhall Re: ASR Servo
Senior Guru
297 Posts

The following is a response cited from another forum. May not be relevant to the question posed by the OP:

"Created by Bosch and called ASR (Acceleration Slip Regulation) by Chevrolet, it automatically comes on when the car is started, but can be switched off by a button above the headlight control -- showing a welcome sense of respect for the serious driver.

Using the wheel-speed sensors of the Bosch ABS system, ASR can cut engine torque by retarding spark and reducing the throttle. It can also simultaneously apply the rear brakes independently of one another to slow the slipping drive wheels to the point of traction. Some wheel-spin is allowed -- more if the ABS's lateral accelerometer determines you are traveling in a straight line -- but when you exit a corner and decide to hit the accelerator hard for some fun, the ASR slaps your right foot as if it were the hand of a little kid who's dipping into a cookie jar. A cam arrangement causes the accelerator pedal to literally pulse back at the driver. When ASR functions, often on occasions when you feel as if you are not driving aggressively at all, a light appears on the center console's warning screen.

With ASR on, dry acceleration times to 60 mph were hurt by half a second, but there is no doubt that if the surface was wet, ASR times would make unassisted times look positively amateurish. This added feature makes the 1992 LT1 the first all-weather Corvette."

Posted on: 2016/4/29 3:00

Ramrod Re: ASR Servo
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

Im trying to find a solution to my Module 9 Code 65. The first step is to disconnect ASR servo pigtail, second disconnect "All Cables from cable adjuster, rotate cable adjuster cams fully and release to stop. When I do Nada! it dosen't return to stop? Ive checked the wiring harness form front to back and haven't found any visually broken or bad connections, so Im looking at a bad servo or replacing the EBCM? anybady got a spare one to try out?
Posted on: 2016/4/29 23:22

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that sounds like a bad servo... most odd, because these things are very durable. what you are describing is mechanical in nature, not signal related.

I don't have a spare, but you might find one at Vette2Vette.com for a fair price.

Where in SoCal are you? There is a guy in Van Nuys area that has a Corvette salvage...

Posted on: 2016/4/29 23:47

Ramrod Re: ASR Servo
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

I'm in Montclair, not too far away.The DTC 65 is a "Cable Adjuster Circuit Malfunction" I suppose a mechanical failure in the servo could cause a short in the electrical?
The first part of the trouble shooting flow chart requires that the cable adjuster assembly be rotated by hand without any cables attached and allowed to return to the stop. Mine doesn't return to the stop, made me think there is a recoil spring in the servo??
Posted on: 2016/4/30 3:52

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would agree.

Posted on: 2016/4/30 6:13

Matatk Re: ASR Servo
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

I think it's time for surgery! Let us know what you find
Posted on: 2016/4/30 12:26

BrianCunningham Re: ASR Servo
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Worth picking up a spare just to have
Posted on: 2016/4/30 21:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.