Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
202 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D44
This references the rear differential.

The D36 was the smaller unit. Used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes after that.

The ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 04.30.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it's D-day. Or C-Day? Girls are out getting prettied up at the hair salon. They should be home soon. Suit is steamed and my shirt is ironed, I just have to polish my shoes and I'm good to go. Everything is set at the restaurant for afterwards. Wife dropped off flowers, cake, pretzels, goodie bags, and misc items yesterday and they looked like they didn't know what was about to hit them. They don't

Ordered my new Eastwood underhood light yesterday. One month backorder! Apparently they sold better than anticipated. I checked out my buddy's while I was at his shop last night (I told him about it a month ago and he ended up buying one at the local Eastwood store). It's nice. Looking forward to getting it. I also bought another ratchet that should be here next week. It's ok, I had a little extra spending cash in my tool fund.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-prof ... al-folding-led-light.html

Marcus - glad UB's friend is getting better. And it sounds like the new place for mom is good. We are really happy with dad's place. All of the employees really go out of their way to help. It also seems more like a dorm setup than a hospital setup, so that helps with the ambiance.

Tommy - how is the wife doing?

TB - finish the plumbing?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/4/30 12:33

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS TODAY, TWO AND A HALF INCHES IN THE RAIN GAGE. THE CHEROKEES ARE DOING THE "WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS" THING IN TAHLEQUAH THIS WEEKEND; IT'S OFF TO A RATHER SOGGY START. :-)

SAW THIS ON THE NET, LOOKS USEFUL:

https://tacticalwalls.com/shop/1450m-bundle/
Posted on: 2016/4/30 13:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys....Crisp here this morning after the nice rains yesterday. We also had about 2 1/2" of rain.

The plumbing issue isn't a critical one, Matt. The main valve of the sprinkler system is leaking a little bit through the self-draining weep hole. Less leakage if the valve is in the off position, so it is turned off but is still filling up the access tube to the valve. I'll get to it one day when it warms up. I just hate f*#king plumbing.

Not much planned for today. Rosie has a baby shower to go to. I think I'll go out to the shop and work on the butcher block top I'm building for a client.
Posted on: 2016/4/30 14:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Oh, Gris, I've built similar things that go into the walls like that, Ironing boards and a bathroom medicine cabinet. That is a cool idea though.
Posted on: 2016/4/30 14:24

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Thanks for asking. She's unstoppable. The first day she was back to work. Her right leg (burn foot leg) fell through part of a rotted wood deck and she scraped up the inside lower leg. Keeps on ticking. She's one tough broad. I mean it. She's a tough cookie.
Posted on: 2016/4/30 14:27

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

We went to see BOSTON last night courtesy of my FIL. He won a couple of tickets and we took them off his hands. Went to Seminole Hard Rock to see them but didn't do any gambling. Just went for the concert. I was hungry so I ate a lot of stadium fare. Pepperoni pizza, hot pretzel, hot dog and a large soda. Later Sue picked up some M&Ms and had water and popcorn. Auction tonight but I think I'll pass. Sue might go with her gf. (Quiet house night, maybe) The concert was top notch. Tight band that played almost all the classics and a couple of new ones. Recommended if they're coming to your neck of the woods.

Posted on: 2016/4/30 14:34

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Rain and more rain.......bring it is what I say......we did get the acreage mowed yesterday before it started.....2 50" mowers going can buzz cut the tall grass in short order.....glad we did too with all the rain last night and for the next 2 days.

Uwoman is up in Washington helping #1 daughter move into her new home.....I think I told you she got a new job with Amazon over in the Southwest part of the State. Signing bonus and good sized raise over the company she was with. Amazon pays for her move and pays for her family to come up and help also.....amazing.....er Amazoning I mean....

Today is work on GS day to get a bit more noise reduction into the cabin. I am going down to get the material in a bit......I am looking forward to a day in the warm shop working on baby.........with no distractions.....I hope....

Have a fun day Matt with the family and the party......it's all good!

Tom......I am sure there are Plumbing anger management classes on line you can participate in......but first we must go back and find out where these feelings stem from.......feel free to share with the Guru's your pain on how it all started.......

Have a wet and wonderful day Guru's.....

Gris that looks like a good deal.....but I would rather have the hidden door in the back of the closet that opens up into the armory........uh huh uh huh....

Posted on: 2016/4/30 14:52

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Gonna putz with the mower engine today, since the yard is growing like mad with all the rain we had during the week. Then out to dinner with some friends later. Tomorrow night we're going to see The Who - my son had given me tickets last year, and they postponed the tour due to Roger Daltrey's illness. Should be fun - I last saw them live in 1971. I think Boston is coming through here too at some point, may have to go see them too. Ahhh, for the days of cranking the 8-track up to 11.

Have fun at the party, Matt!

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2016/4/30 14:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Oh, Gris, I've built similar things that go into the walls like that, Ironing boards and a bathroom medicine cabinet. That is a cool idea though.

MY OLDEST AUNT HAD ONE OF THOSE BUILT-IN IRONING BOARDS IN HER KITCHEN. AS A KID I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY NEAT.

AND FOR YOU DOG LOVERS:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uqlGn-K42U8?rel=0

DAMN BORDER COLLIES, YOU CAN TEACH THEM ANYTHING!
Posted on: 2016/4/30 20:08

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS TO RUGRAT #1.
Posted on: 2016/4/30 20:12

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Thanks for asking. She's unstoppable. The first day she was back to work. Her right leg (burn foot leg) fell through part of a rotted wood deck and she scraped up the inside lower leg. Keeps on ticking. She's one tough broad. I mean it. She's a tough cookie.

GLAD THE BURN IS BETTER.

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Sue once again disregarded my banning of her cooking on high temperatures which resulted in a smoking pan of butter. ...[/quote]

TOMMY, IF YOU ARE IN THE HABIT OF TELLING YOUR WIFE HOW TO COOK, I'M SURPRISED YOU'VE LIVED THIS LONG :-)
Posted on: 2016/4/30 20:20

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I got the old mower engine out and did some clean-up - I'll put the new one in tomorrow. I need to hunt down a small tool for re-pinning an electrical connector, otherwise it should be smooth sailing. When I drained the oil on the old engine, I got about 3/4 gallon of gas/oil mix - I'm pretty sure the carburetor float stuck wide open.
Posted on: 2016/4/30 20:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 04.30.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

That dog dance was unbelievable.......I have no idea how long it would take to train a dog to do all that .......I feel lucky if our dog is just trained to go potty outside......

Worked all day on the GS......took a while to figure out how to get the interior tore apart.....hope I can get it back together again.....I'm sore from all the bending over into the back of the car. Got 2/3's of the deadener in...will try and finish it up tomorrow......sucker better be like a church in there after all this work..... I have taken some pics which I will get up when I'm done....... Good night cub scouts..........
Posted on: 2016/5/1 4:05

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Dog dance was VERY impressive.
Posted on: 2016/5/2 1:21

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.