Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 05.01.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

First day of May already! Same story every year, as you get older the years seem to move faster.

Yesterday was a big success, despite the weather. Church went well with no mishaps. The after party was at an Italian restaurant about 15 minutes away. We were packed in a little tight but we had one whole section to ourselves. Total included 40 adults, 17 kids, and 2 babies. Everyone was impressed with the food, and it really was good. Even had some leftover to take home. The bill ended up being less than I expected, as well. That's never a bad surprise. RR#1 ended up getting a lot of envelopes to go towards her college fund. Polish people are very generous in that regard.

More rain and gloom today, so I won't get the lawn cut. I will see my sister/BIL/niece some more before they head home, though.

Brad - glad you got the motor in. Any luck finding a terminal tool locally?

Tommy - I would love to see Boston if they ever came around. Sounds like a great concert.

Marcus - Amazon seems like a good place to work if you're inside the building, etc. I've heard it sucks being a driver doing deliveries, but such is life.

TB - do you have to rebuild the valve or replace it?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/5/1 11:30

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

[quote:] Tom......I am sure there are Plumbing anger management classes on line you can participate in......but first we must go back and find out where these feelings stem from.......feel free to share with the Guru's your pain on how it all started....... [/quote]

Hi, my name is Tom and I f@(%ing hate plumbing.

"Welcome, Tom"

Been working on the shed the past couple of days. Framed and mounted the little A/C and put up a couple more outside wall sheets yesterday. 2 sheets more to go then a couple of smaller areas on the outside to finish, plus trim. I'm trudging along like little Tommy Train.
Posted on: 2016/5/1 12:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Looks like Bloomington is as close as BOSTON will get to you.

http://bandboston.com/?page_id=257
Posted on: 2016/5/1 12:54

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HAPPY BELTANE, GURUS!

SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES ARE DIGGING OUT THEIR LONG-SLEEVE SHIRTS AGAIN.

DARLING WIFE IS HAVING A PARTY FOR HER LADIES CLUB TOMORROW; THE FORECAST TODAY IS FOR UNSETTLED ATMOSPHERE WITH SCATTERED "HONEY-DOS" AND OCCASIONAL MILD PANICS.
Posted on: 2016/5/1 14:02

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I'd still be sleeping, except it's too bright out. So I may as well get cracking on the engine. I have some small jewelry tools, I think I can use something from that assortment to swap the terminals.

Enjoy the day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2016/5/1 14:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Geez Brad jewelry tools....? You know that Matt will be going wild now building his jewelry tool collection......

Rained all night.....I will be in the shop trying to finish up my sound proofing project on the GS......lot of work.....but I am trying to do it right....

Have an enjoyable day off Guru's.......

Gris.......keep a low profile old fighter.......

Matt......as I have mentioned in the past I have attended several Polish wedding where they pinned money on the Bride's dress for a dance and at the end of the night she had a bunch of money pinned to her......

tommy......keep us up with some pics.....

Posted on: 2016/5/1 14:38

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Geez Brad jewelry tools....? You know that Matt will be going wild now building his jewelry tool collection......

Not unless they're made by MAC, NAPA, Craftsman and a few other higher grade tool companies.

Attach file:

jpg  j s.jpg (28.04 KB)
852_57263e208d2f2.jpg 500X500 px
Posted on: 2016/5/1 17:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

By the way, the set shown above can also be used to repair teeth.
Posted on: 2016/5/1 17:35

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

....what teeth....? or whose teeth....?
Posted on: 2016/5/1 20:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The engine is in, run like a champ. BTW, the sophisticated tool I used to re-pin the electrical connector was.........a bobby pin.

Posted on: 2016/5/1 21:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys...slept in a bit, then went to the 'city' for weekly groceries. Back home to do work in the shop, and went over to #2 house and weed edged for her. She's mowed a couple times but her weed eater wasn't working and it needed it bad...took me 2 hours and about 50' of trimmer line. When I got home there were two computers here for me to work on. Got them done, well, one is finished, the other one is really finished, as in DOA.

Tomorrow I'll be headed back to the 'city' to hang the door I built and do a little trim work.

Speaking of f*#king plumbing, the guy I call on to help me on a regular basis (former student) got a new job teaching carpentry in a post secondary vocational school and will be moving. Yesterday he called to ask me if I could help him with something. So I stop by to find he has a f*#king plumbing question. A couple years back he was re-doing the bathroom and his plumber screwed up and made the riser from the handle to the spout too short for the big round trim plate to fit above the spout. So for the last two years the spout has stuck out from the wall. With the new job, it means a move and selling this house. Anyway they were having an "Open House" today and his wife wanted this faux pas fixed. I told him I could cut the plate to fit around the spout and it would look fine. You have to understand, he hates plumbing more than I. So I go to remove the spout, should be hand tight, but no, I'm really straining and it isn't budging. So I grab my pair of channel lock pliers, grab the extension pipe (where it's too long and sticks out from the wall) and start to turn it. Sure enough it starts to turn, so I grab another bite on it and twist again. Sh!t, "Something isn't right here, Bob." I twisted the copper L into oblivion and completely off. Luckily, there was an access panel where we could get to the valve. I was able to remove the nipple and take it to my shop where I was able to un-solder the thing and solder a new L on (Luckily I found one). I cut the plate and we went back and put everything back together and I'm a HERO with his wife. I was just lucky that we didn't have water gushing out all over the place.
Posted on: 2016/5/2 1:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Jewelry tools? No, I know my limits.

Besides, I'd just use the terminal tools that I have specifically for repinning wiring harnesses. I'm pretty sure I'll use them one day.
Posted on: 2016/5/2 3:15

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 05.01.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

The engine is in, run like a champ. BTW, the sophisticated tool I used to re-pin the electrical connector was.........a bobby pin.

That's using your head!
Posted on: 2016/5/2 3:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Speaking of f*#king plumbing, the guy I call on to help me on a regular basis (former student) got a new job teaching carpentry in a post secondary vocational school and will be moving. Yesterday he called to ask me if I could help him with something. So I stop by to find he has a f*#king plumbing question. A couple years back he was re-doing the bathroom and his plumber screwed up and made the riser from the handle to the spout too short for the big round trim plate to fit above the spout. So for the last two years the spout has stuck out from the wall. With the new job, it means a move and selling this house. Anyway they were having an "Open House" today and his wife wanted this faux pas fixed. I told him I could cut the plate to fit around the spout and it would look fine. You have to understand, he hates plumbing more than I. So I go to remove the spout, should be hand tight, but no, I'm really straining and it isn't budging. So I grab my pair of channel lock pliers, grab the extension pipe (where it's too long and sticks out from the wall) and start to turn it. Sure enough it starts to turn, so I grab another bite on it and twist again. Sh!t, "Something isn't right here, Bob." I twisted the copper L into oblivion and completely off. Luckily, there was an access panel where we could get to the valve. I was able to remove the nipple and take it to my shop where I was able to un-solder the thing and solder a new L on (Luckily I found one). I cut the plate and we went back and put everything back together and I'm a HERO with his wife. I was just lucky that we didn't have water gushing out all over the place.

And THAT's why they call it f*#king plumbing
Posted on: 2016/5/2 3:37

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Speaking of speaking of f*#king plumbing. I have a couple irrigation risers I have to move away from the shed I've been working on. I think the shed will be done BEFORE I move the risers to their now location. For the very reason listed above. " I hate f*#king plumbing".
Posted on: 2016/5/2 3:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.