Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
216 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman 23 and me chat.......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Morning Guru's......I hope this day finds you all well......hoping for some rain today.....there is always hope.......

Up early to let the dogs out.......that reminds me of a song.......the last big Tuesday of the year......so getting ready to head out and tell guys they are done or not done irrigating......

speaking of 23 and me.....I did my DNA test and it came back like I thought.....English and Irish mostly.....only 2% neanderthal which was a surprise to my wife who thought there would be a lot more of that in me....

Have a scintillating day Guru's........I don't even know what that means....hope it's good.....
Posted on: 2016/8/23 11:04

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: 23 and me chat.......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Nice and sunny again today, and it should hold up through golf tonight.

I wouldn't eat these. At least without bacon:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mo ... h-he-ate-them-on-purpose/

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/8/23 12:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

istter1 Re: 23 and me chat.......
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Wow we had about 30 seconds of rain. The fires and drought continues.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 12:45

GRIS Re: 23 and me chat.......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7637 Posts

CLOUDY AND STICKY IN THE NATIONS, SUMMER IS SNEAKING BACK IN. THE CHEROKEES ARE RESIGNED TO MORE AUGUST.

TEE THAT TARUS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD BUY FOR A KEEPER.

ADJUSTER DUE THIS EVENING TO LOOK AT THE TOMATO. CONTRACT EMPLOYEE, HE DOES NOT WORK FOR USAA. I'M A LITTLE SKEPTICAL GOING IN.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 13:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 23 and me chat.......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys...We had an exciting evening last night. About news time there was a "POP" then a crackling sound, she looks at me and says "What was that?" Me, "I don't know. Was it downstairs or outside?" As she sits near the window, I thought she could determine location better than I. Then about 10 minutes later, one of her lamps lights starts to flicker and the light fixture in the dining room (which has been off all evening, starts flashing....WTF is going on? I get up and check things out, but don't find anything weird. After a few minutes everything seems to be back to normal and we head for bed. WE get up to the bedroom and the lights up there are flickering a bit....WTF? We go to bed and to sleep. About 1:30 our little window AC unit is running now and it starts to flicker, the ipod on my clock/radio comes on and wakes us both up. I get up and turn the AC off and start to investigate what is going on. Nothing in the house seems out of whack, so I grab a flashlight and head outside to check the power pole. In the past we had a similar thing happen and it was the wind blowing the trees and it had partially disconnected the switch on the top of the pole. So, here I am outside, with my flashlight, at 1:45am looking at all the connections from my house to the pole, and all of the sudden there's a man about 15' from me coming down the alley. When he gets close enough, I see it is my next door neighbor saying, "Oh I thought maybe you were the city crew." "I asked, "Are you having electrical issues too?". He said, "Yea, there have been issues for the last couple days." (I hadn't noticed, but thinking back yea.) He said the transformer at the end of the alley was sparking and sending drops of fire to the ground. "I've already a call in to the city. I kicked the breakers on my house for fear of damaging something." Well "Thank you for letting me know it's not just my house." After about 15 minutes, the city crew shows up, turn off the electricity and, apparently, change out the transformer. I hope my central AC unit isn't damaged, been afraid to start it up this morning.

We slept the rest of the night with the windows open as it had dropped into the 60's by that time and is, just now, getting back up to the 70's. It's supposed to be hot today, into the middle 90's. but the humidity levels are down to more normal ranges now.

I've got work to do in the shop. While out golfing last night the guy brings the stain for the vanity and mirror frame, so I've got that to do.

Have a great day guys. Hopefully, our electrical issues are over and we don't have any repercussions.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 13:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Thanks Gris. It might not be a 'great' deal, but it helps my brother out, so he can get his new one. And the paper trail is non-existent as he acquired it from one of his buddies.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 13:35

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sheesh, good luck, Tom!
Posted on: 2016/8/23 13:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 23 and me chat.......
Huskerland
14734 Posts

exciting times Tee.....some of those transformers really blow up when they go......we had one a block away that blew right off the pole......don't know if you were having a brown out or not.......that is what usually gets the appliances........if not unplugged quickly....

Ya you did good on that 9mm.......anything costs lots of money these days....

Posted on: 2016/8/23 14:09

BillH Re: 23 and me chat.......
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

We had that for about 4 years Tom. Something intermittent in a transformer, it would cut the power to only 3 houses here when the wind blew, everybody else had their lights on.
Took them way too long to figure it out.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 14:28

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

One clip of hollow points for home defense.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 14:30

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Yea, considering that I bought my piece of shit Smith & Wesson Sigma for $300 new, Tom's id a very good deal.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 14:36

Matatk Re: 23 and me chat.......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Gee TB, I thought you might have to put that new paper puncher to work after hearing strange noises in the house.

Marcus, I've wondered how accurate those DNA profile tests actually are. Mine might be scary

Got a few errands out of the way and stopped over at mom's this morning. Ended up fixing a window when I got here so I guess it's good I dropped by unannounced.

Back home now, going to have some lunch and then another light workout.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2016/8/23 16:34

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2016/8/23 18:05

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Marcus, I've wondered how accurate those DNA profile tests actually are. Mine might be scary

Yea, just think what it would be like if they showed you guys were related to Hillery.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 18:23

TommyT-Bone Re: 23 and me chat.......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Busy day as usual. I was covering for Sue at the nursery from 09:00 to 02:00. Get to so it all over again tomorrow from 07:45 to 12:00, then a delivery with two drop offs on Thursday. The business is smoking busy which means I get called in for reserve duty. The office gal left us a couple of weeks ago leaving a big gap in nursery coverage. We're operating on a couple of days a week at the nursery and pretty much by appointment. As the house tech guy I gets lots of docs to send out on customer's orders. We're so busy that I get called in a lot. Guess it will be like that over the next several years to we sell the inventory then the nursery. I'm trying to get Sue to retire in 3 years or so. She's 6 years younger than I am. I think I made a big mistake when I took out a survivor benefit for Sue with my pension. They keep a percentage of my monthly check and if I die Sue would get around 80% of my monthly benefit for the rest of her life. I'm finding out all these crazy rules with Social Security that if Sue died I could apply for her benefit but my retirement check would be offset to my detriment. Then if survivor benefit is more than her Social Security she would not collect any of her benefit from SS. Then there is all this rigamoro with medicare and private insurance when I hit 65. You sure learn a lot AFTER you retire. If I knew then what I know now I might have approached things differently. I have to seek the answers through questions online and sometimes I find I'm not to happy with the answers. Oh well. That's life ......

Posted on: 2016/8/23 19:18

Matatk Re: 23 and me chat.......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good thing you and TB are retired, huh Tommy?

Being off this last month has felt like retirement, though...kind of nice
Posted on: 2016/8/23 19:45

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7637 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

One clip of hollow points for home defense.

FOR HOME DEFENSE A 12 GA PUMP W/ EXTENDED MAGAZINE, 20 INCH BBL, SEVEN ROUNDS OF #2'S BE MO' BETTA :-)
Posted on: 2016/8/23 20:25

Ultraman Re: 23 and me chat.......
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Ya I got an Ithaca 12 ga riot gun with the pistol grip and I want to put a regular type stock on it........what you recommend Gris....? I think it holds 5 rounds of 2 3/4 inch shells and I have 00 Zombie Max Z shot in it.......Just in case........
Posted on: 2016/8/23 21:47

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

I don't have it yet, Matt. My brother will send it out with his son who lives an hour or so away from here, but make frequent trips here with his job.

I got the staining done and the first coat of lacquer sprayed. Can't spray anymore today, it's just too freaking hot. I tried spraying with the garage door up about 6 inches and the walk-in door cracked about a foot and a fan in the door pulling the overspray out. It did a good job of that, but it also sucked in a LOT of hot air....screw it, I'll spray again in the morning while it is still cool. Those mid 90's they were talking about, somehow, turned into low 100's. It is freaking HOT. Sure hope it cools down tomorrow like they said it was going to do.
Posted on: 2016/8/23 22:15

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7637 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Ya I got an Ithaca 12 ga riot gun with the pistol grip and I want to put a regular type stock on it........what you recommend Gris....? I think it holds 5 rounds of 2 3/4 inch shells and I have 00 Zombie Max Z shot in it.......Just in case........

YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK; BY ALL MEANS GET RID OF THAT PISTOL GRIP STOCK. THEY ARE GREAT FOR FULL AUTO BUT SHOTGUNS ARE TO BE POINTED, NOT AIMED. SOME CENTURIES HAVE GONE INTO PRODUCING FIREARM CONFIGURATION THAT MATES WITH HUMAN ANATOMY FOR INSTINCTIVE POINTING AND GUNS THAT SHOOT WHERE YOU LOOK AND THAT IS THE TRADITIONAL SHOTGUN CONFIGURATION. GET A MAGAZINE EXTENSION THAT WILL GIVE YOU 7-8 ROUND CAPACITY. YOU DON'T HAVE CLOSE NEIGHBORS OR ANYONE IN THE HOUSE BUT YOU & U-WOMAN SO BUCKSHOT IS OK, AS OVER PENETRATION SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM. YOU DO WANT A SHORT BBL FOR CLOSE QUARTERS, I LIKE 20" BETTER THAN 18" FOR THE BALANCE.

CHECK MIDWAY ARMS OR ONE OF THE COMMERCIAL STOCK MAKERS FOR A NEW STOCK, YOU CAN REPLACE IT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. IF YOU WANT TO GO HIGH TECH GET ONE OF THOSE LASER THINGIES TO GO ON THE END OF THE MAG TUBE. GOOD PSYCH EFFECT, BUT NOT REALLY NECESSARY. ALL LIVING BURGLARS KNOW THE SOUND OF A PUMP GUN CYCLING AND KNOW WHAT IT MEANS: GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE!

REMEMBER BILL MCDONALD, "SHOOT 'EM BETWEEN THE EYES, IT SPOILS THEIR AIM".
Posted on: 2016/8/24 1:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.