Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
233 user(s) are online (205 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

pappyfreebird sup rednecks
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well fall is in de air fer me,,n the 97 c5 jus hit 53k ..still mint still in love..but have me a hankerin fer c6..one got me innerested is awready lost too long of story..anyways i figured someday a 08 as thats the new tranny right,,now readin that 05 my same 6spd but did better syncros shorter throw etc..so im lookin at 05 6 spd most r 25k round here has me one fer 22k guy wants out of loan 45k n looks as new,,ony issue is yellow..is she really that much better then the 97 c5? (depends what yer after eya i know ) but opinions is welcome..fer speed fug i cant use wud i have now,,if was speed id drop few bucks in motor werk n make a stinger c5..well wud say fellas n wud elses up in yer werlds,,me jus doin bikes n werk werk werk..make it ta range to shoot now n then bout it
Posted on: 2016/10/14 12:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pappyfreebird Re: sup rednecks
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

hey paps long time no see brutha..awrighty then fellas ill talk to meself ,,its when i start to argue n hit me that i hate..anyways thinkin i bought a 05 n shes a z51 too 45k 6spd ..so from wud i read shes bout 75% of a c5 zo6..well i dont beleive everything i read but am excited to check out the differnt gearing in 1-3 n ifn shes really that much better shifting
Posted on: 2016/10/15 0:27

pianoguy Re: sup rednecks
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hey, Pappy! Not much going on here, just getting ready to put the Vette away next week. I think LD85 here has an '05 with a 6-speed, real sharp car. Mine still ain't quite right, looks like I'll have another winter to think about it.
Posted on: 2016/10/15 1:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: sup rednecks
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Hey, pappy. Doing the same old stuff here in SoFlo. Not complaining too much. I could be doing the same old stuff in a much colder climate.
Posted on: 2016/10/15 13:01

Ultraman Re: sup rednecks
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14729 Posts

Pappy always nice to hear from you.....C6 is a move up from C5 in a lot of areas....Some say the 08 with the intro of the LS3 and the new 6M is the way to go but Tee Bee with his 07 would argue that......05's have some unique problems but if the car has been around most surely they have been addressed....... The harmonic balancers like to fall off some of the early C6's so make sure that has been looked at or fixed.......a lot of the C6's are trouble free for lots and lots of miles.......overall dependable.....and the LS3 is pretty much bulletproof.......
Posted on: 2016/10/15 14:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well bruthas i popped befo waiting on responses so i wippd couple pix in c6 photos thang,,she sweet has everything evin wo tops as my c5 does,, shorter throw n feels way differnt in piower band wid this tranny change (gonna dig it)cant run it much as had lein so we pd off lein i have title n car but they hafat do mail me lein card bs,,n isnt up on plates er tabs,,so mon i go see ifn kin update tabs wid jus title..fug since bout done here i may let her set tell spring too 9hard to do since new to me) but nuther ,,wait rekon ill git popped fer tabs when transefer anyways so fug it i go see ifn gimme them bfoe lein card gits to me..she has corsa cat backs thats bout alls i seen so far
Posted on: 2016/10/15 20:15

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

piano mayun whats been up with yr ride,,i see ya sez ain quite right,,chit theys been sayun that bout me fer yrs..sad time is upon us northerns thou ain it,,noice taday humid evin
Posted on: 2016/10/15 23:14

teebee Re: sup rednecks
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey pappy! The C6 is a great car. my 007 has been a sweet ride. Mine is the Z51. You can't go wrong. I put in a short-throw shifter and the 1-4 by pass. Mine also has the Borla "stinger" cat back, she sounds awesome.
Posted on: 2016/10/16 1:08

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: sup rednecks
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Like you said, it has more power than you can use.....legally.
Posted on: 2016/10/16 1:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: sup rednecks
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I spun a rod bearing several years ago - ever since I got it fixed there is an annoying vibration somewhere. I imagine it'll have to be torn down again.
Posted on: 2016/10/16 21:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

bummer piana mayun..hope its a cheap find n fix
n thanks all fer comments
run her a lil yesterday n 1st noticed way quieter insdie n i aways thunk the c5 was tits ,,gonna miss that lil trunk space in rear but am thinkin they took it out n filled with insulation as thats were i hear road noise in c5 n non in c6..sad fact they both thumped 110 feelin bout they same..was hpin fer stronger (bigtime stronger) hopes too high rekon,,er mabee since higher rever i dint hit its true power band..hey its new to me vet er nawt i dont beat chit outa nothin..so far dig it .. lights r briter then day..super clean underside n thats when noticed (now you hafta go to tech to read them questions n give me answers itd be preciated..has darking miiros shes decked wid everything,,evin a nasty cat pizz stink ony fresh air in aircon in recirc its clean so thinkin cat whizzed on windsheild er somethin,,needs to git freshed fer chure
Posted on: 2016/10/18 13:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.