Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
243 user(s) are online (197 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone TUESDAY CHAT
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Congrats to Clemson.

May YOUR day be a winner.
Posted on: 2017/1/10 13:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: TUESDAY CHAT
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....As Brad says, "the alarm was most unwelcome" this morning. Did not sleep well at all. It's already 40 out there and headed for 60. Didn't make it there yesterday, only 55 and that was at 5pm after the sun was almost down. Another warm one tomorrow, then more seasonal-like Thursday and then the bottom drops out Friday with the chance of ice and snow.

Apparently Clemson won last night, I didn't watch, call me anti-American, maybe. It just doesn't matter to me. Our parish priest came by the shop yesterday to ask me to do a little job for him. He asked me who I thought would win, I said "I don't know, Who's playing?" He looked at me kind of funny. The FUNNY thing is, he's from the Philippines and loves American sports.

#1 GS turns 20 today. That's hard to believe. Going to celebrate his birthday with mine Thursday.

Some things to do in the shop today. better get to them.
Posted on: 2017/1/10 13:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

istter1 Re: TUESDAY CHAT
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Beautiful morning 60 today heat wave. After work yesterday i deciede I will not teach summer school. Teaching isn't fun this year
Posted on: 2017/1/10 13:54

pianoguy Re: TUESDAY CHAT
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! I thought about working from home today, since it is a bit greasy out there and more snow on the way, but I decided to go ahead and slog through it. It was slow and steady on the way in, we'll see how it is going home. A month from tomorrow I'll be on a beach.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/1/10 14:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: TUESDAY CHAT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SORTA SUNNY, 60 DEGREES AND WINDY THIS MORNING. THE SNOW IS GONE AND THE CHEROKEES DON'T MISS IT A BIT. THERE IS TALK OF ICE THIS WEEKEND, PRETTY EQUIVOCAL, THINK I MAY MAKE SOME PREPARATIONS FOR POWER OUTAGES.

IT HAS BEEN DECREED THAT BOXES OF CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS WILL BE PUT AWAY UNDER THE HOUSE AND IN THE BARN TODAY. YES, DEAR. ALSO HAVE TO GET BD GIFT FOR #3 GRANDDAUGHTER AND RESTOCK DOG FOOD.

HOPE THIS DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH MY NAP :-)

HEY BILLH, GLAD YOU'RE NOT TREADING WATER.
Posted on: 2017/1/10 14:10

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY CHAT
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Had an interesting day yesterday....actually it started on Sunday when a driver we have been having trouble with quit us and then wanted his job back after I said ok great. He wanted more money than the 1000 per week he was getting. We said no that he was making more then anyone else and had the new truck. So he got all pissed off and told us he was abandoning the truck in Garden City Kansas.......which wasn't to bright since he lives up here......then he just disappeared and we had no idea where he or the truck was at.

I had the Finney County Sheriffs department out in Tom's country looking for the truck to no avail. So finally last night about 24 hours after he went dark I had the Sheriffs department here in town call the driver to see if he would talk to them. He did pick up and after some subtle threats to him about criminal mischief or worse, the driver said it was in Fairbury Nebraska out of fuel........we have no idea why he was in Fairbury which is nowhere near where he was coming back from.......so they had the Fairbury Police verify and sure enough we found our truck. I am going down to get it this morning.

The driver has been warned about setting foot on our property or around any of our vehicles......and uh.....he's fired.......

There is a lot of drama in the trucking business.....who knew......

Have a wonderful day Guru's.........do not abandon any trucks.......
Posted on: 2017/1/10 14:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good lawd!
Posted on: 2017/1/10 14:48

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: TUESDAY CHAT
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Clem Clemson was one of the Beverly Hillbillies, right?
Posted on: 2017/1/10 15:08

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

HEY BILLH, GLAD YOU'RE NOT TREADING WATER.

Me 2.

Shouldn't have made the joke about a blizzard yesterday.

The truck drivers probably aren't happy, they were told that I80 (the only easy way to get to Ca.) would be closed for 2 days due to a mudslide. The crews got the road opened in one day.
Now I80's closed due to blizzard and whiteout conditions.

The forecast for Lake Tahoe at 6,200 ft. is 7 feet of snow in the next 2 days. Donner Summit on I80 is 1,000 ft. higher.

But the forecast for here today is 50 degrees.

Posted on: 2017/1/10 15:18

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2017/1/10 15:31

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  scoop 1.jpg (109.06 KB)
881_5875011eca3c2.jpg 918X1224 px

jpg  scoop.jpg (262.23 KB)
881_5875012e911cb.jpg 1224X1632 px
Posted on: 2017/1/10 15:43

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/1/10 15:46

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

This is for those of my older generation who do not really comprehend why Facebook exists. Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles. Therefore, every day I go down on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before and what I will do tomorrow night. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and me gardening and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them. And it works. I already have 3 persons following me: Two police officers and a psychiatrist.
Posted on: 2017/1/10 16:07

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
This is for those of my older generation who do not really comprehend why Facebook exists. Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles. Therefore, every day I go down on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before and what I will do tomorrow night. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and me gardening and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them. And it works. I already have 3 persons following me: Two police officers and a psychiatrist.

If you add the weather to that...........wouldn't you have CG "Off Topic" ????????
Posted on: 2017/1/10 16:22

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

If you add the weather to that...........wouldn't you have CG "Off Topic" ????????

Posted on: 2017/1/10 18:04

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

But we are all friends here!
Posted on: 2017/1/10 18:28

Resized Image

Matatk Re: TUESDAY CHAT
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Cold and rainy here. Nothing like out West, though.

TB, I saw your bank sign that you posted on FB. Pretty cool.

Marcus, don't you have GPS on your trucks? Hope it all works out for the best.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2017/1/10 18:52

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/1/10 19:02

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY CHAT
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Nice. reminds me of the hood I did for my BF. Has about 8 skulls hidden in flames that start with blue and fade to orangy/red for his black Camaro SS.
Posted on: 2017/1/10 19:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Had an interesting day yesterday....actually it started on Sunday when a driver we have been having trouble with quit us and then wanted his job back after I said ok great. He wanted more money than the 1000 per week he was getting. We said no that he was making more then anyone else and had the new truck. So he got all pissed off and told us he was abandoning the truck in Garden City Kansas.......which wasn't to bright since he lives up here......then he just disappeared and we had no idea where he or the truck was at.

I had the Finney County Sheriffs department out in Tom's country looking for the truck to no avail. So finally last night about 24 hours after he went dark I had the Sheriffs department here in town call the driver to see if he would talk to them. He did pick up and after some subtle threats to him about criminal mischief or worse, the driver said it was in Fairbury Nebraska out of fuel........we have no idea why he was in Fairbury which is nowhere near where he was coming back from.......so they had the Fairbury Police verify and sure enough we found our truck. I am going down to get it this morning.

The driver has been warned about setting foot on our property or around any of our vehicles......and uh.....he's fired.......

ddaaannnngggg......
Posted on: 2017/1/10 19:30

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Nice. reminds me of the hood I did for my BF. Has about 8 skulls hidden in flames that start with blue and fade to orangy/red for his black Camaro SS.

The car owner is friends with Mike L (Laveil (spelling).
Probably the best airbrush artist in the country.
He's the guy who invented "True Fire"

www.killerpaint.com

Attach file:

jpg  killer.jpg (80.48 KB)
881_587541aeeee46.jpg 400X533 px
Posted on: 2017/1/10 20:19

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Mine isn't airbrush but photoshop -
You would not believe the people that come in here and can't understand why I can't take a 2,000 hour airbrush job and replicate it on something in 4 hours....seriously....
I do take multiple photos and use parts of each and blend, blend, blend... layer, layer, layer, effect, effect, effect... etc. that hood is several images and several reproductions and parts of images

Attach file:

jpg  hood final.jpg (568.52 KB)
619_5875492271e61.jpg 1200X1002 px
Posted on: 2017/1/10 20:50

Resized Image

GRIS Re: TUESDAY CHAT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

WHAT A PRIZE THIS GUY IS. IF HIS IQ WAS THREE POINTS LOWER HE'D BE A GERANIUM.
Posted on: 2017/1/10 21:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Nice hood Letty!
Posted on: 2017/1/10 21:21

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Mine isn't airbrush but photoshop -
You would not believe the people that come in here and can't understand why I can't take a 2,000 hour airbrush job and replicate it on something in 4 hours....seriously....
I do take multiple photos and use parts of each and blend, blend, blend... layer, layer, layer, effect, effect, effect... etc. that hood is several images and several reproductions and parts of images

Nice hood Letty. And I understand the talent it takes.

Just for me, personally, I'd never allow anything vinyl on one of my cars(except for the numbers on a race car). I remember a VERY long time ago getting really pissed when I saw a dealer put a vinyl pin stripe on a car.
It's gotta be paint.
Posted on: 2017/1/10 22:29

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY CHAT
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

...Ya...got the truck back ok and it looks to be in good shape......amazing. It was so empty I did not know if it was going to make it to the fuel pump.....but it did and we got it home and did some work to it and now it is ready to go for a money making run tomorrow......

.....saw a white little furrin car out by the garage today just like the one the ex driver drives and so made sure my CC was primed...was just dialing the Sheriffs office when my computer guy came out of the office and got in the car and drove off.....son of a B.....same color and style of car.....I can see the SWAT team moving in and hauling this guy out while he is no no wait I'm a computer geek.... I laughed so hard I had to sit down......
Posted on: 2017/1/10 22:42

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY CHAT
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

I'm not laughing.
Posted on: 2017/1/11 1:17

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
...Ya...got the truck back ok and it looks to be in good shape......amazing. It was so empty I did not know if it was going to make it to the fuel pump.....but it did and we got it home and did some work to it and now it is ready to go for a money making run tomorrow......

.....saw a white little furrin car out by the garage today just like the one the ex driver drives and so made sure my CC was primed...was just dialing the Sheriffs office when my computer guy came out of the office and got in the car and drove off.....son of a B.....same color and style of car.....I can see the SWAT team moving in and hauling this guy out while he is no no wait I'm a computer geek.... I laughed so hard I had to sit down......

Felony thoughts ........ I'm familiar with those .......
Posted on: 2017/1/11 1:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

I know what you mean Bill I never let any vinyl touch my ...........Never mind ...........
Posted on: 2017/1/11 1:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I know what you mean Bill I never let any vinyl touch my ...........Never mind ...........

I was talking about the outside of the car NOT sitting naked in the front seat.
Posted on: 2017/1/11 3:46

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I was talking about the outside of the car NOT sitting naked in the front seat.

LOL. I remember that .... Thanks to Matt. I think it involved some candy wrappers too.
Posted on: 2017/1/11 4:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.