Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
257 user(s) are online (213 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L80E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.43
2nd Gear: 1.49
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.75

Reverse: 2.07

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS WET MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

GRAY AND DRIPPY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 3/4 INCH OF RAIN IN THE GAGE. LIKE CHICKEN SOUP, IT CAN'T HURT.
Posted on: 2017/2/20 14:18

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: WET MONDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Cloudy but dry......up in the 70's this week.....wish I had my car back.

Just regular work here today. Waiting on info on a driver I'm wanting to hire. After the last yahoo I hired that gave us all the trouble I am checking references........

Have a fun day Guru's
Posted on: 2017/2/20 14:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: WET MONDAY
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Last day to sleep in before hitting the salt mines again. We were catching up on some TV shows yesterday, and missing the 78-inch curved TV they had at the vacation condo. That thing was unreal. Omelette gal is still MIA here, too.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/2/20 15:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: WET MONDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

If you think you're havin a bad day ......

I was supposed to take a friend to a medical appointment today. She had shoulder surgery last Monday and was somewhat limited in movement. She called me last night to tell me she wouldn't be going to the doctor's appointment today. Here's why. Two guys, a white hispanic and a black male barged into her home with a gun drawn. They instructed her to put her dogs away or they were going to shoot them . Next, they covered her head so she could no longer see them. At gunpoint they told her to tell them where her money and jewelry were. They ransacked the house taking her computer and other stuff they could grab. They found her truck keys, loaded her truck with the loot and drove it through her locked front gate. She called her cousin and the police immediately. A helicopter dispatched to look for the truck found it abandoned a few blocks from her house. The perps wore gloves so prints are out. She did have a description based on the few seconds she saw them. According to her they sounded like dumb and dumber. The black guy called the white guy Croc a few times. Hope they can find these bad guys over the next few days before they hurt someone.

Me.. I unloaded a truck this morning. Thinking a little harder about getting and wearing a small carry gun. Light, easily concealed belt holster type 38 I'm thinking for unexpected surprises.

Posted on: 2017/2/20 18:14

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
After the last yahoo I hired that gave us all the trouble I am checking references........

Posted on: 2017/2/20 18:18

pianoguy Re: WET MONDAY
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Jayzus, what an ordeal, Tommy - mojo for your friend.
Posted on: 2017/2/20 18:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: WET MONDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

wow.....she is so lucky they did not kill her or anything else.......geez guess I won't be moving to Florida now......oh wait....I have guns......ok Florida is still on the list......

Is there a Castle doctrine in Florida? just checking......there is not in Nebraska.......like I said before we are supposed to go into a safe room and yell at them we have a gun and if they come in there you will shoot them. Meanwhile you are to call the cops and let them ransack your house.....we gotta man up around here......whiskey tango fox......
Posted on: 2017/2/20 19:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2017/2/20 23:07

GRIS Re: WET MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Thinking a little harder about getting and wearing a small carry gun. Light, easily concealed belt holster type 38 I'm thinking for unexpected surprises.

SIG MAKES A VERY NICE LIGHT-WEIGHT COMPACT 1911 STYLE .45, GOOD CARRY PIECE.

A FEW LOCKED&LOADED FIREARMS ABOUT THE HOUSE IN ACCESSIBLE BUT CANCELED SPOTS MIGHT CONTRIBUTE TO PEACE OF MIND. "OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN" IS GOOD.
Posted on: 2017/2/20 23:52

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: WET MONDAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Hey guys...got up and around this morning, went out to eat breakfast as the grands were out of school for Presidents' Day. Came home from that and helped #1 and SIL clean out and rearrange the garage. That took until 1:30pm. Then we headed over to #3s house to grab my sunglasses that I left there when I got my haircut. I couldn't do without them. Then on the road back to FILs house to spend some time and the night here.

Just have to be back to the 'city' by 1:15 or so tomorrow for the MRI on my back, before heading home. So we will leave here by 11:15 or so. That will give us some time with dad.

It was gray and damp (no real rain) in KC and most of the way back to central Kansas. Temps in the mid 50s in KC, and by the time we got here almost 70. We'll take that in late February.
Posted on: 2017/2/20 23:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
"OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND FOOLS" IS GOOD.

Fixt.
Posted on: 2017/2/21 0:01

Matatk Re: WET MONDAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

I've certainly had an action packed day. Spent the better part of the morning driving to and at the local "iFly" indoor skydiving place. It was a family Christmas gift for the kids/us to do. I was a little skeptical, but man it was a good time. Expensive, but I could see how it would be addicting. Our instructor was really good with the kids and adults alike. Our package was for two one minute rides per person. It goes quick. Kids had a ball, so it was worth it.

After that we went to lunch, then grocery shopping. Came home and cleaned out momma's car because the kids destroy it on a daily basis. Now I'm at karate with RR#2.

Back to work tomorrow...Can't wait. Oh yeah, it was another glorious weather day here in the 60s. The evil rumor is temps will be dropping to winter levels next week. How dare they?

Sorry to hear about your friend, Tommy. Hope they find them.
Posted on: 2017/2/21 0:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Sorry to hear about your friend, Tommy. Hope they find them.

I'm just waiting for Mr Trump to get his anti violence campaign up and running so places like Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago and Miami will all be safe again. Guess they can't get to that right away with all the protesters tying up the valuable resources of law enforcement agencies.

Posted on: 2017/2/21 4:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.