Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Occupied myself yesterday with quite a few errands and tasks. Hopefully today I have a little down time.

My mom purchased a new house about 6-8 weeks ago. She's been in the process of getting that completely remodeled inside. The progress is coming along. A little slower than I'd like, but she likes the guy doing the majority of the work. Work looks like good quality from what I've seen.

On that topic, yesterday she decided to list the townhouse (just a coincidence it would have been my dad's birthday?). Listed the house at 9 am, had a showing a few hours later, and then notified at 8 pm the buyer was going to make an offer. Is that too much of a coincidence? Seems strange to me. Sounds like dad had something to do with that...Don't know what the offer will be, but hopefully close to asking price. The townhouse has had a lot of work done and it's very clean and tidy.

No tool trucks last night, Marcus, but a ratchet did arrive in the mail...does that count?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/3/22 12:32

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Mmmm.....mail order tools......yes very worrisome...... may have to consider and intervention..... on line of course.....

Well we started out the day with the Yorkies killing a mouse in our bedroom while we were getting ready...... you would have thought all hell was breaking loose....what a racket......but they dispatched the little rodent in timely fashion and treats were rewarded all around.....the barn cat is having breakfast as we speak. Got all the vents off to paint so one must have got out there.

Memo to self......get rat poison today......the wife may have been freaked out by it all......so I'm under orders that all the mice must go......

Got some front tires on the GS....it is being aligned now..... should have got some pics under the car of the exhaust system.....its real nice looking....Stainless Works makes them.

Tee I have the Corsa X pipe they took off if you would like to put it on your car. Did not know if you had one already.

Back to work.....hay fever is just kicking my ass with the cedar tree pollen right now......pills are not getting it done.......I better stay in bed.....

Let's endeavor today Guru's.....
Posted on: 2017/3/22 13:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Morning guys... trying to stay busy and keep my mind off food and drink. We got home about midnight from the wake service. My SIL is doing pretty well. First, my brother two months ago, then her mom. She's a tough gal.

I have a few things to do this morning. better get to them.
Posted on: 2017/3/22 13:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7635 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, LOW PROBABILITY OF RAIN THEY SAY. THE CHEROKEES CAN HANDLE IT.

GOT A DECENT NIGHT'S SLEEP LAST NIGHT, FIRST IN FIVE DAYS, THE ANTIBIOTICS MUST BE KICKING IN.

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
...is napping a lifestyle yet...?

IT'S A WHOLE 'NOTHER COUNTRY.
NAPLAND, NAPLAND, UMBER
ALLES---

TEE, THEY MIGHT LET YOU DRINK BLACK COFFEE. IT HELPS WHEN YOU CAN'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE.
Posted on: 2017/3/22 14:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

NAPLAND, NAPLAND, SLUMBER
ALLES---

Fixed it for you.
Posted on: 2017/3/22 15:49

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Mmmm.....mail order tools......yes very worrisome...... may have to consider and intervention..... on line of course.....

Is that a University of Phoenix program?

I've never understood "online degrees."
Posted on: 2017/3/22 15:50

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Tried to change the house water filter this morning. Looks like it is not coming apart. The bottom "cup" threaded portion is seized to the top. I didn't over tighten it, but it's always been that way. I could get it apart but most likely destroy it. Oh well, it was time for an upgrade anyway. I guess it'll happen finally. Been looking at the "big blue" style dual 20" x 4.5" filter setup. Around $200 online. More plumbing....Oh joy! TB, you free next weekend
Posted on: 2017/3/22 15:59

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Yes online interventions........we all gather around you on our computers and hold virtual hands and try to make you see the error of your ways.......of course we charge you for it........and it almost never works but at least we all feel good about ourselves.......

Got new shoes on the quick and the silver....and working in the bedroom on the shiplap wall....... hope you are staying busy.......
Posted on: 2017/3/22 17:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4645 Posts

Can I have an intervention too? Like at the beach in a chair with an endless supply of something about 90 proof?
My peopling skills aren't at their best today. Too many stupid ones aggravating the piss outta me, the predominant one being a lady in my lobby instead of next door where she belongs with three kids that can't be still or quiet.
Alas, one more day then I'm off for three. Getting a storage building lined up for the cousin's stuff that's in the nursing home. Her old house broken into again where I have her things stored. I plan to get all that moved now that it's warm and sell the place for her. It'll put a little bit more in her savings. And if I can sneak it by her I plan to jerk out about 5 grand and invest it for her too so there's some income to it all. She doesn't believe in investing but don't like her money dwindling either.. so what else to do? If I ever get to needing a nursing home I think I'd just as soon be shot.
Posted on: 2017/3/22 18:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Let's just say that staying busy today has not been a problem and leave it at that :-P

Hope your day has gone smoother than mine, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/3/22 19:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12360 Posts

Well, I'm back from surgery. I have to say that our little hospital has the BEST caregivers in the world! I don't know, maybe it's because I knew many of them, but they took care of me to the nines! Rosie and I walked up there and when we were done we walked home. I'm a bit sore and tender, but nothing I can't handle, drugs might have something to about that..... Doc was a little late, the staff told me "he's never on time", but were surprised when he was only 15 minutes late. 4 hours and, hopefully I'm all fixed up. Not much work going to happen in the shop for a month or so, I don't want to overdo it.

I'd love that x-pipe Marcus, but I don't think it will work. I think the LS3s used a bigger pipe. I'll have to check.

Went to the wake service last night for SILs mother (10 days shy of 95). While there I was able to acquire a couple of little brothers 'toys'. A 1911 A1 (Charles Daly) and another S&W 38, model 60 stainless. The S was actually one that he carried, small frame 3" barrel. Looks to be a nice piece.

Yea, Matt, I think I'll have to pass. Letty you do what you have to do. and explain it to her later. Brad, at least that makes the day go by faster. Gris they were adamant, "Nothing by mouth" So i didn't eat or drink anything. then they said I was a little dehydrated when they went to start the IV, DUH!

Think I'll head to the Lazy-Boy for a while.

Posted on: 2017/3/22 22:44

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mojo for a speedy recovery, Tom!
Posted on: 2017/3/23 1:59

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Glad it went well, TB.
Posted on: 2017/3/23 2:21

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 03.22.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You seem to be well on the road to recovery. tee. Milk that hopital thing for a couple of days for all it's worth.

I'd really like bowl of soup but I ache to much to make it.

Would you mind getting me a pillow.? Think I'll take a little nap.

Sitting in this recliner is making my feet go numb. Would you mind messaging my feet for a few minutes.
Posted on: 2017/3/23 3:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.