Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
230 user(s) are online (201 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Ruby
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars. They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 6/16/2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2017/6/16 12:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: 6/16/2017
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Friday! It's mostly overcast, but Friday is Friday, so no biggie.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/6/16 12:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: 6/16/2017
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Stayed up late listening to the Royals another big win over the Angels. But it was after midnight before the game was done (local time).

Going to be over 100 again today. We are going to help #3 GS do some mowing. He's got a job out in the country doing a disabled couples' yard. So we will take him out and maybe help him trim.

An out of town client is coming some time today to pickup the bed frame I repaired for them. And one of our nieces is coming with her 5 kids to spend the night as we are about a 2 hour drive closer to the swim meet they are going to tomorrow.

Me, I'm still waiting on materials. Last evening, I went over to the clients place, with the electrician, and got the preliminary plan for the electrical.

Well, I trust everyone here will stay cool. calm and collected through this heat spell. Have a great day!
Posted on: 2017/6/16 12:25

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 6/16/2017
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

I better turn on the ac in the office today.....since Tee is sending us all that heat.....

So we determined the battery in the GS is good. I put it back in and the guy i have wrench on stuff came out to the shop and we measured the current draw on the car. It amazed me that when the electrical system is asleep it is only drawing about .008 amps..... but when you open the door say....the draw goes up to around 2.5 amps and jumps all over the place for about 3 or 4 minutes before going back to sleep.......he says its the computers doing all their things......

anyway the car started right up......then the next time the starter slowed down and did not act right. The next time it started right up.......the next time not....so we either have a loose connection on the starter or its going bad......will take it down today to take a look....... just thought you should know......

have a great day Guru's....
Posted on: 2017/6/16 13:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 6/16/2017
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I hate electrical $#!+.

Uuhhh Ahhhhh Uuhhhh Ahhhhh

Posted on: 2017/6/16 13:18

GRIS Re: 6/16/2017
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I hate electrical $#!+.

+1 ABSOLUTELY!

SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, HAD A LIVELY THUNDER STORM LAST NIGHT, A LOT OF WIND, 3/4 INCH OF RAIN, AND NO LIGHTS FROM 2300 TO 0215. HAD TO RESET ALL THE ELECTRICAL STUFF. PIA.
Posted on: 2017/6/16 13:33

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: 6/16/2017
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/6/16 14:41

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: 6/16/2017
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

HATE TO DISAPPOINT THESE FOLKS, BUT THE BEST STEAKS COME FROM MY GRANDCHILDREN'S SHOW CALVES :-)
Posted on: 2017/6/16 15:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 6/16/2017
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Not a great day for this guy. Went over and got GS and the mower, came back and daughter says, "You got the wrong mower." What? Says I. That one is not running. Why? What's it doing? "Gas is running out of it." So I check the gas cap, and look down on the deck and see something funny, reach down and pick up a piece of aluminum, look down and see a huge hole in the side of the block. Yea. No sh!t it's not running. So we load up the other mower and we get the job done. Then I decide I'm going to buy a HF replacement engine, $120, can't hardly go wrong. So we all decide to go over and do a little grocery shopping. Daughter comes over in GSs Caddy (he's gone with the high school basketball team helping coach) and parks in the street. After a couple of false starts, we jump in the pickup. As I'm backing out I catch out of the corner of my eye a car coming down the street pretty fast, so I crank the wheel hard so as to miss the car coming down the street and crunch into the front of the GSs' Caddy, busting out the headlight and denting the hood. It also bent the bumper on the pickup.......CRAP!.

Oh well, things could be worse. I did get the new engine put on the mower, had to buy a new blade adapter and blade as well. As far as a swap, pretty painless. Add oil and gas, hit the fuel bulb twice and on the first pull it fires right up.

After I got the mower going, I took the pickup out to get an estimate, less than $500 and he's going to fix it while Rosie and I are up in South Dakota with Marcus. No insurance company involvement...cash deal.
Posted on: 2017/6/17 0:10

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.