Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
281 user(s) are online (225 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

teebee Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2017/6/27 12:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho!

Decent enough looking day out there, should be a pleasant evening for golf. I'm hoping the golf will cooperate.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/6/27 12:36

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

I was MIA yesterday. Packing up, cleaning up then hit the road. Took me 20 freaking minutes to crawl out the first two miles (the rocky freaking road). Rosie walks faster than that. Once on the blacktop, though, I made up some time. Those roads are awesome to drive. Rosie never said anything, but several of the others said they got queasy going out and coming back Sunday night. They are probably glad they didn't ride with me.

We stopped to see my brother on the way back. A little out of the way, but only by a few miles. He looks frail after this last bout in the hospital. He was actually gald to see us. Spent about an hour and a half there. When we went to leave SIL walked out with us and told us, that after this last bout, they decided to do a DNR if it happens again. Dr's told them if he goes on the vent again he'll likely never come off. So basically, they are just caring for him and trying to keep him comfortable, and infection free. Not necessarily the news we wanted to hear, but not really surprising news either.

When we got back to Wichita yesterday, we were driving along and met another AO Corvette, I flashed my lights at him and he flashed back. Rosie and I were commenting how you just don't see many AO Corvettes. The next thing I know there he is on my tail. So I told Rosie, I'll see if he'll follow me, and I turned off and into a parking lot. He did follow me and stopped. WE talked about the cars. They were siblings, both 007, AO, same interior, Z51, but his was a 1LT, auto w/paddle shift, no memory, no electric seats or HUD. He was really fascinated with the upgrades I'd done. Spoiler, skirts, interior trim. He'd only had his about a month, 21K on the clock. I told him we were headed to South Dakota in a couple weeks for the Black Hills Corvette Classic. He thought that might be something they might want to do. After about a half hour we exchanged names and numbers and we headed out.

It's going to warm up here today, normal-like summertime temps low 90s. Low to mid 90s through the week.

When I got home last night I washed 007 while Rosie mowed. I then had some mail to go through. A couple packages, both screens for electronic devices I needed to swap out. So I did the one and texted the other one, who brought their phone over to me to fix. That pretty much took care of my evening.

We will head out for KC Thursday after Rosie gets off work for the long weekend. I have tickets for the Friday night game. While at Beaver Lake, my BIL told me that he had tickets for Saturday nights game. His SIL had rented the dugout suite right next to the Royals dugout. Freaking SWEET! Rosies' sis said she wasn't going to the game, she didn't think it would be worth $200. I told them if they had room, I'd go. So we are wanting to see if they have room. That $200 includes food, drinks everything, sounds like a deal to me. Cheapass tickets are $35-$50 (which are what I have for Fridays' game. Beer/Pop are $10/pop, food is $10-30, depending on what you get and the seats are way up there.....it's a no brainer for me. That suite goes for $6000 for up to 30 people. Evan, writes it off as a business expense. but recoups some from people like me. OK, gives me a chance to meet some of the players and sit right there on the field.

Well, I better get to doing something. Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2017/6/27 13:07

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. A COOL SUMMER SO FAR. NO FLIES ON THAT!

LOOKS LIKE I CAN'T PUT OFF MOWING ANY LONGER. BUMMER

THE WINDJAMMER WORKS GREAT ON THE TOMATO. I CAN EVEN WEAR A CAP AND KEEP IT ;-)
Posted on: 2017/6/27 14:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2017/6/27 18:25

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

That's a trip about the AO's, tee. One looks good. Two are kinda scary. lol

I've been searching out our next vacation and may have found the next two vacations. lol One for gambling and one with friends. Cruises ..... of course.
Posted on: 2017/6/27 19:27

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Cool story on that AO.. we have one in our vette club. That looked really nice a while back on our fall colors cruise when I took pics of it under all those pretty colorful maple trees. Sorry to hear about your brother too
We sat down and had a long talk with the pool gurus and we have a mustard algae problem, so we have taken the steps to fix that and we'll see how we do. I'm scared to see my water bill this next month. Treating mustard algae is like treating head lice - everything has to be treated not just the water.
Weather's been beautiful here wish I was home. We'd planned to try to take a 5-day holiday but the paper I do side jobs for is hell bent on having a book layout done this holiday weekend and so there went our plans. Has me mad as hell and thus far, haven't sent me any work. The body shop as well as tint shop are both closed for the holiday, he was off work so we had time off for a change and now it's ruined. With them dragging their feet getting me work, it's looking like a 24-hour balls to the wall weekend to get the book layout done. When this is over, they'll be kindly told that anything else I do for them will either be done on a normal schedule or won't be done at all. If they wan't holiday work where it requires us to cancel vaca plans, they'll be paying 4x my regular hourly rate, not the discounted rate that I currently give them.

In other news... we had a horrible wreck in town this morning - a semi driver pulling doubles veered off the road and hit the upper support on a road and the truck exploded three times and killed the driver. Bless that family. Has the community all upside down.
http://www.kait8.com/story/35760430/p ... explosion-shut-down-i-555

In Albuquerque someone took the truck that belongs to this 103 year old veteran. I hope they hang the theif by the balls....
http://www.kait8.com/story/35755379/t ... k.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Posted on: 2017/6/27 21:21

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good evening gang. We're home safe and sound. Those were some great pics Tommy. Hope you get the pool figured out Letty. Mowed the lawn tonight. Not much else going on. It's good to be back in my own bed.
Posted on: 2017/6/27 23:41

captmike13@yahoo.com

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2017/6/27 23:45

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday morning 6-27-2017
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Noticed at the bottom it says they're a prank news site.... not that I support violence either, but if this happened to all child molesters......I'd say the problem would take care of itself...
Posted on: 2017/6/28 2:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.