Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (217 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 6/29/2017 chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2017/6/29 12:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 6/29/2017 chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Up and round early again. Got called to sub in a golf league yesterday afternoon. Beings I missed Monday night, I decided to play last night. The format is different, scramble, Alternating shots, best ball, then repeat two more times. I was striking the ball REALLY well. We beat the other team handily.

My Royals put it to the Tigers last night, an afternoon rubber game today and then they head home for the long weekend.

I have a few things to get done today before Rosie gets home and we head out to KC. It will be a late night before we get there.

Marcus, I've got a couple of former students who went into diesel mechanics, and they talk about all that extra crap they added to the big rigs and cuss them royally. Not sure what year that came into play, but they said guys are scrambling to find decent models pre all the crap, and are spending the money to keep those models on the road.

Well, I have to get with it. Have a great day.
Posted on: 2017/6/29 12:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 6/29/2017 chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

SUNNY,CALM, AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, A PRETTY SUMMER DAY COMING UP AND NOTHING I HAVE TO DO. GOT THE OBSTACLE COURSE MOWED, I COULD ALWAYS WEED-EAT BUT SOMEHOW THAT DOESN'T SEEM LIKELY :-)
Posted on: 2017/6/29 13:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 6/29/2017 chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

No Kidding Tee...... our 2 Pete's with pre emissions engines are both worth 60 large and they are an 03 and an 04..... There was an 07 for sale at the Freightliner store in town that I inquired about. It has a new Cat 6NZ engine which is a legendary engine in the trucking world. The guy told me it was sold and had guys fighting over it for $80 grand...... it was a looker though....

Then there are the Glider kits that you can order from KW or Peterbilt. You get an all new truck without engine and tranny and then you put in a pre emission engine....... the government is said to be trying to crack down on that practice. There are whole businesses that build these kits so they are a turn key deal. 160 to 180,000 bucks and they can't make them fast enough......

then there is the whole ELD issue coming up on Dec 17..... Electronic Log Data keeping..... so you can't fudge on your log books which has been a tradition since 1930. Much hate about those things in the industry.... the Supreme Court refused to review the legislation so it looks like it can't be stopped....... I think we will just ignore it and it will go away...... yeah.....

wow that all turned into kinda a rant........ Have a real swell day Guru's...
Posted on: 2017/6/29 14:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: 6/29/2017 chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Last work day until the 10th, so I'm busy trying to tie up loose ends. Looking forward to a little time off, starting with a golf tournament tomorrow. Hope I don't need my umbrella and rain suit.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/6/29 15:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: 6/29/2017 chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

BAD NEWS THIS MORNING, MY ONLY PATERNAL FIRST COUSIN IS IN HOSPITAL IN FLORIDA FOR BRAIN SURGERY. HE HAD BEEN HAVING HEADACHES AND A SCAN SHOWED A MASS. WENT IN FOR BIOPSY/REMOVAL, NO WORD ON OUTCOME. THIS DOES NOT SOUND GOOD.

MARCUS I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT ALL THE ELECTRONIC GE-GAWS ON NEW CARS. IF I WERE GETTING ANOTHER AUTOMOBLE I'D SERIOUSLY CONSIDER A REBUILT PRE-WHIZZBANG MODEL.
Posted on: 2017/6/29 17:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: 6/29/2017 chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Gris, sorry to hear about your cousin. Hope everything turns out for him.

Fridge repairman was supposed to be here 8-12. Now 12:30 and just got a call he'll be here at 5. Riiiight. Funny thing is the new circuit board was mailed to me after the last service call. It might accidentally fall into the back of the fridge and the old one might accidentally get left on the porch for when he shows up. I don't have time to play petty games for a part that takes 10 minutes to swap.

Working out now, then I need to run to the post office, stop by mom's to install a garage keypad, and then take the kids to a car show. Always something to do that doesn't involve waiting for a repairman (only because it's under warranty).

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2017/6/29 17:23

vetteblondie Re: 6/29/2017 chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

I think there should be some sort of law that if a repair person says 8-12 then that company should have to pay your days' wages if they show late. Afterall, there's no reason they can't say 8-10 and be there since you're having to take off work for it.
Speaking of repair people... the pool issues seems to turned out to have been their repair man - or kid rather. New salt cell ain't working. Kid they sent lady said wasn't their normal kid, he didn't know how, it's not been working, so no wonder we have an algae issue, no chlorine is being made, has cost us a shitload to say the least in chemicals and our time and loss of use. Spent another ton the other day after cleaning again. BF was supposed to address the issue with them today at lunch and so far we're being taken care of by another vendor here in town. Water today is still clear, hoping it stays that way.
Sorry to hear about your cousin Gris, maybe a good word will come soon.
Need to get a keypad thing installed on the side yard gate tonight but after today I don't see it happening.
Posted on: 2017/6/29 19:31

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 6/29/2017 chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Been working a lot at the nurseries this week. Today I weed whacked the second nursery. 1 1/4 acre lot with three ground clothed plant areas. Tons of fun. I finished it today so at least that's good. My hands are still numb two hours later. Time for another nice cold N/A beer.
Posted on: 2017/6/29 23:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.