Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS MOANDAY THE 3D
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

A GRAY, DRIPPY DAY PRESENTS ITSELF IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. GOT ANOTHER INCH AND A QUARTER RAIN YESTERDAY EVENING.
Posted on: 2017/7/3 13:39

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

DARLING WIFE DUE HOME THIS MORNING AND #2 SIL COMING OVER TO WORK ON MY COMPUTER PROBLEMS. ALL THIS RAIN HAS MADE MY DOWN-HILL GRAVEL DRIVEWAY A FIRST CLASS PIA. DON'T KNOW WHAT THE SOLUTION IS, PAVING WOULD BE AWFULLY EXPENSIVE AND IF NOT DONE RIGHT WOULD LIKELY BE UNDERMINED WITH THESE BIG RAINS RUNNING OFF.
Posted on: 2017/7/3 13:45

Ultraman Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Send some of that rain up the hill Gris..... we could use it..... I would suggest cement for your driveway.....or as we call it up here...grey gold.....very pricy but you won't ever have to mess with it again....especially if you use the 6 sack mix with the white rock....... just saying.....

Well we are up and getting ready for the day.......lots of folks think this should be a day off along with tomorrow....... but not for me......

have a patriotic day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2017/7/3 14:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys......sunny and reasonably cool this morning in,KC. Not much on the agenda for today. I need to go over to the Woodcraft store and see about buying a 4" vacuum hose for my chip collector and maybe a short piece of 5" as well.

We'll have our 4th of July celebration this evening, as we need to go home in the morning. Rosie has to work the 5th and I have stuff to get done before we leave for SD next week.

I hope that those of you here are having a good weekend/holiday. And if you have to work today, I hope it is a short one for you.
Posted on: 2017/7/3 14:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Gris, how often do you have a washout? A guy on a bobcat can probably tighten you up in an hour or two. You probably need to divert the runoff in a more favorable direction.

I didn't do much yesterday which made for a long, kinda boring day. Not an issue today. I have more than enough to do. tomorrow we were invited to a 4th of July party so I get to do next to nothing again with probably the same result. So far we have no plans to attend a fireworks display. That's OK with me. I've burnt out on fireworks displays. It's best if I stay busy. (Even though I gripe about it.)
Posted on: 2017/7/3 14:13

pianoguy Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Moanday, indeed - yesterday was spent trimming shrubbery, making a huge mess,and lots of cleanup. Ibuprofen is your friend. Today I think I'll make a lap around the estate with the fertilizer spreader. Staycation, they call it :P

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/7/3 14:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I just came in from the back patio where I started thinking of the mistakes I made in my life. That was a mistake. I better get my ass in gear and get busy. Idle mind has plenty of trouble to get into.
Posted on: 2017/7/3 14:22

vetteblondie Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

^^^^ I've been waking up about 4am each morning with sh*t like that on my mind. wtf. Stuff really getting to me lately. Why? Working today, not much to do except hold the chair down, brought along some bills from the house to pay and some things to sort through.
It's raining and ugly here and if it continues tomorrow I'll be taking a xanax tonight and celebrating the holiday by watching the back of my eyelids for some much needed sleep. The hip/low back mess is keeping me up a lot. See the doc the 10th to find out what he wants to do. If they all think it's bad enough for surgery why can't they give me pain meds to sleep? I'm not a crackhead, dang.
Posted on: 2017/7/3 20:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Petty, they did an epidural on,my friend and it has helped him tremendously. It also isolated where the problems are and they may do surgery to do a more permanent "fix".

The rest of the family is head over to eat and do fireworks after while.
Posted on: 2017/7/3 21:57

Resized Image

GRIS Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SO NOW I KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING COMPUTER PROBLEMS: HARD DRIVE IS FAILING. CAN ONLY BOOT UP IN SAFE MODE NOW, #2 SIL GETTING A NEW HD AND WILL RETURN TO INSTALL IT. GETTING STUFF TRANSFERRED SOUNDS TOUGH TO ME BUT HE SAYS NO SWEAT.

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR MORE DISASTERS IN IND'N LAND.
Posted on: 2017/7/3 23:18

Matatk Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Hope you feel better soon, Letty.

On the way home the wife told me the AC in the house wasn't cold. Damn it. Replaced the capacitor last summer so I assumed it was a dirty filter. Came home and the filter was pretty dirty with dust. Replaced it, still no good. I went outside to the condenser and it wasn't running. Pushed the fan with a screwdriver and still not going. Grabbed the multimeter and no voltage at the feed line. Huh? Checked the breakers (flipped every one) and still nothing. That's weird. Pull the panel off and check for voltage at the breaker...nothing. Then I checked for voltage at a good breaker and nothing. WHAT? Dig a little deeper....well, my stupid ass is used to working on automotive DC systems. Houses are AC systems. So I'm an IDIOT and put the meter on DC...no kidding there is no voltage. So I switch it to AC and guess what? Voltage at the breaker and the outside box. Check and there is a 24 volt signal from the thermostat. So that is either the contactor or the cap. I cut the power and noticed the contactor had cobwebs and crap on it. I cleaned it off and tapped it with a screwdriver handle a few times. Put power back on and it fires up. Go figure. A dirty/stuck contactor. My neighbor (the ac guy) told me to change it anyway and gave me a spare one he had in the garage. I'll swap that out this weekend when I'm off. So the whole fiasco took me an hour or more and should have been 20 minutes or less. I was hot, hungry, and frustrated. Came inside and had some dinner and a few pops to relax.

At least the AC is working. I can't imagine paying a service call for something like that. Most AC stuff is simple and easy to fix. Experience is a good thing to have in those cases. Unfortunately I don't have enough of that. But in 11 years of owning this house, I've fixed multiple AC/heat problems and never called a tech once. Not bad.

Waiting for the fireworks to start.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/7/4 1:18

Ultraman Re: MOANDAY THE 3D
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

f'n photobucket.......
Posted on: 2017/7/4 2:05

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Ya Matt. Tapping things with screwdrivers, rubber mallets a butter knife, long pipe, piece of 2 x 4, a rock and many other convenient items has resulted in things that are not working to start working. As a home owner you learn that stuff.
Posted on: 2017/7/4 2:47

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Didn't work,for my ex-SIL.....just saying!
Posted on: 2017/7/4 4:03

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Didn't work,for my ex-SIL.....just saying!

She just doesn't want to work, aye?
Posted on: 2017/7/4 17:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.