Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
289 user(s) are online (237 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Shark
Any Corvette from model year 1968 to 1982 is loosely referred to as a Shark. Stemming from the Mako concepts and a general acceptance that the C3 lo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

Up early because my wife's alarm went off and she was in the shower so had to get up and turn it off......one of these days pow to the moon on that stupid alarm....... I personally do not believe in alarms ....... I would rather just sleep in till I feel like getting up....... like you retired guys........

VB I have heard that insurance was once very good but since then not so much....... just idle gossip but that's what I heard......

Put in a new mailbox yesterday.....now my back is sore......where are those advil's ...... mans best friend......

I feel a nap coming on........have a day of wonder Guru's.......
Posted on: 2017/8/30 11:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

After mowing the second nursery (we sold it but still use it) and 6 hours of weed whacking, my back is feeling it too. Don't think Advil is enough help. I'm thinking more of a morphine drip. Friggin hydraulic leak on a low pressure line on the skid steer is starting to piss me off. Used an alternate method, line developed a split. Replaced with a oem hose, hose tore at an elbow. Going to an alternate, alternate method today. Sue can't find a second (extra) special order hose we bought for the skid steer. Maybe she returned it. Hhhmmm, I just developed a leak in my lip. I just spewed coffee on the keyboard. Make it a good day.

Attach file:

jpg  493x335_what_is_the_leading_cause_of_back_pain_video.jpg (23.95 KB)
852_59a6aecc1f1dd.jpg 400X271 px
Posted on: 2017/8/30 12:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2017/8/30 12:33

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Morning guys....cool again to start off the day, but headed to upper 80s-low 90s. Slept good with the windows open. The other truck didn't show yesterday, so I had one show a day early and one to show a day late, I guess that means it averaged out to on time.

Did a lot of computer work in between spraying finish. The finish is an oil-based enamel. It dries slow. Spray it on, then wait 40 minutes to move those parts, then grab the next batch spray, then wait. Took all day to do the face frames.

Today I'll start sifting through cabinet pieces to get ready to assemble them, now that face frames are finished. Not much else going on here.

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up! Hopefully this isn't your mantra! Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2017/8/30 13:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Nice and sunny again, for now. Doesn't matter, I'm busier than hell anyway. Hopefully it will still be decent when I get home.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/8/30 13:34

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
VB I have heard that insurance was once very good but since then not so much.......

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE. I HAVE BEEN WITH USAA FOR 50 SOME YEARS AND THEY AIN'T WHAT THEY USED TO BE. THEY HAVE GOT TOO BIG. THAT SAID, WE HAVE GENERALLY HAD GOOD RESULTS ON OUR CLAIMS.

THEY ARE THE ONES THAT PAID ME $5K MORE THAN IT COST TO FIX MY '95. SEEMS SOME OF THEIR CONTRACT APPEASERS/ADJUSTERS ARE SADLY WANTING, AT LEAST IN THE AUTOMOTIVE LINE.
Posted on: 2017/8/30 13:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/8/30 13:47
Edited by pianoguy on 2017/8/30 14:32:06
Edited by pianoguy on 2017/8/30 14:32:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL FALL MORNING AT THE END OF AUGUST. W-T-F, OVER?

TODAY'S TASK: GET EVERYTHING TOGETHER AND READY TO LOAD UP AND HIT THE ROAD WEST FOR DOVE SEASON. THE WEATHER SEEMS TO BE COOPERATING SO IT SHOULDN'T BE A COMPLETE BUST.

GOT A SUMMONS FOR JURY DUTY. IF YOU ARE OVER 70 YOU CAN BEG OFF, SO I DID. WITH MY LOUSY HEARING AND FADING SHORT TERM MEMORY I DOUBT ANYONE WOULD WANT ME ON THEIR JURY :-0
Posted on: 2017/8/30 13:50

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

THE MEDIA IS GROPING FOR A WAY TO BLAME TRUMP FOR HARVEY THE WAY THEY BLAMED BUSH FOR KATRINA. IT SEEMS MELANIA'S HIGH HEEL SHOES MAY HAVE CAUSED ENORMOUS DAMAGE---
Posted on: 2017/8/30 16:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

THE MEDIA IS GROPING FOR A WAY TO BLAME TRUMP FOR HARVEY THE WAY THEY BLAMED BUSH FOR KATRINA. IT SEEMS MELANIA'S HIGH HEEL SHOES MAY HAVE CAUSED ENORMOUS DAMAGE---

They said they were NOT going into working areas as they did not want to disrupt the efforts. Sounded plain and simple enough to me.
Posted on: 2017/8/30 23:09

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Evening guys....worked my butt off today. A little more time in the morning and I'll have all the cabinets assembled. Didn't do a lot this morning, but this afternoon kicked my arse.
Posted on: 2017/8/31 1:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat in the year 2017
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Have been busier than a one-legged cat in a litter box full of ..
and had more stupid people today than I ever cared to deal with . The boss' daughter was no exception. I'm sure I'll get told on but I tore her a new one today. No worries as she'll be moving to Vegas soon to work for her uncle once again who fired her a couple years ago. Seems she broke a 20K vase and didn't tell and got the company in trouble. Daddyo came in today and was fine with me so if she tattled, he either didn't care or figured she was full of it. I hate snotty brat kids. Snotty ignorant customers are another favorite followed by those who think their $20 sticker or free donated stuff is more important than the $10,300 greyhound bus order that I am currently working on who has already paid his deposit followed by the two trailers, van, truck fleet for lawcare company, motorcycle that are in line behind them. The list goes on. Pays the bills for the boss though.
Thanks for the information on the insurance. We need to figure something out. We are due to meet with the adjuster here tomorrow at noon. The car insurances are going up for both of us for no reason other than "rate increase for the 'area' based on the cost of repairing cars now as compared to years past".. funny as you base my rate on my RECORD when you quote me but you raise my rate on REPAIR costs when I've had NO CLAIM... I call BS. My record is getting better and better and the bf's is clean as a pin since he's been 16. Makes no sense that we are both paying more than a high-risk company charges for clean records.
Posted on: 2017/8/31 2:36

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.