Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
227 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C5
Abbreviation for the 5th generation of Corvettes built from 1997-2004....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 10/4/2017 chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2017/10/4 13:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 10/4/2017 chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Cool here this morning and a bit damp. We had a little rain last night....almost 3". I knew that it rained off and on, but never anticipated that much.

I've got a few things to try and get done today.
Posted on: 2017/10/4 13:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 10/4/2017 chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Nice and sunny, sounds like that will be a fleeting condition that will only last a day or 2. Had a beautiful evening for golf last night, other than the golf part. Got home just in time to see the first pitch of the Twins-Yankees game. We jumped out to a great lead, then pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Happy 10-4, yawls:

Posted on: 2017/10/4 13:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: 10/4/2017 chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

CLOUDY AND DRIPPY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, WE'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH RAIN TO LAY THE DUST AND THAT'S ALL. THE CHEROKEES ARE DISAPPOINTED.

AS I SURF INTERNET NEWS I'M SEEING STRAWS IN THE WIND SUGGESTIVE OF IDEOLOGICAL MOTIVATION IN THE LV SHOOTING. ISIS, OF COURSE, IMMEDIATELY TOOK CREDIT AND HAD PREVIOUSLY THREATENED "SIN CITY". AND A LEFT WING NUT SHOOTING UP CONSERVATIVES WOULD BE NO NEW THING.
QUIEN SABE? I TRY TO HIT MAJOR SITES ON BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT AND TRIANGULATE.

HOW DO YOU DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN HARMLESS WACKOS AND DANGEROUS CRAZIES? WISH I COULD ANSWER THAT QUESTION.
Posted on: 2017/10/4 13:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Happy 10-4, yawls:

BOY DOES THAT BRING BACK SOME MEMORIES. THE CB CRAZE WAS BIG JUST ABOUT THE TIME I GOT OUT OF THE ARMY. I NEVER TOOK PART; NOTHING GRATES ON THE NERVES OF AN EX PANZER LEADER LIKE AN UNDISCIPLINED RADIO NET :-)
Posted on: 2017/10/4 14:05

vetteblondie Re: 10/4/2017 chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

10-4... breakah 1-9...
(first thing I thought of when I saw the date up there)

Good morning... dreary again today. Was up till 1 this morning cleaning. have some dining room dusting to do, then the floors and I"m all done. BF was a big help last night. A couple load of laundry left as well. I'll find out sometime tomorrow afternoon where I'm supposed to be when. Strange they can't tell me sooner.
Tommy, on the hammock, this will be under a covered patio, I like the size and weight limit on the 15-footer (supports 450) but the base on the smaller one is wider, at 58inches, whereas the larger one is only 48. also it's larch but it's only 13 foot. I'd like to keep everything $250 or less. So many of these places sell these very same things yet at very different prices. I looked at that same larch one, same photos even on a different site and it ranges from $174 to $399 for the identical product. The hammock bed, however needs to be large as BF is 6'4".. he's a tall feller.
The cypress ones are nice and I like the angled feet on the base better too. Cypress ones are more than I care to spend this go around, however. The one I'd rather have is the Roman Arc.
Posted on: 2017/10/4 14:33

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 10/4/2017 chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/10/4 14:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 10/4/2017 chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Yep and we still do it that way...... on the CB's.....only the cell phone has ruined it mostly.......CB is only used to yell at folks now for being in the way.....

Well had my first meeting with the new guys I work with now and we all went to lunch at the Bowling ally ...... Cheeseburger and fries with iced tea.....Brad you should take your guys to the bowling ally up there for lunch sometime......its real down home......

Well I better get to work now....... cloudy and cool and wet here today......man the Twinks did not last long in their post season run.....damn Yankees........
Posted on: 2017/10/4 14:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

Quote:

APPEARS TO BE A LATE PRODUCTION M4A2, THE SECOND PRODUCTION MODEL OF THE "SHERMAN". MOST WENT TO LEND-LEASE, SOME TO USMC. IT WAS POWERED BY TWIN GM DIESEL ENGINES. THIS IS PROBABLY WHY THEY DID NOT GO TO THE ARMY, AS THE ARMY M4'S WERE GAS BURNERS AND LOGISTICS WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE MORE COMPLICATED.

THE M4 SERIES WERE EXCELLENT AUTOMOTIVELY, MARGINAL CROSS COUNTRY DUE TO NARROW TRACKS, INADEQUATELY ARMORED, AND NEVER (IN US SERVICE) HAD A GUN THAT COULD TAKE ON THE BETTER GERMAN TANKS.

THERE IS A BIT OF HISTORICAL CONTROVERSY OVER WHY WE STUCK WITH THE M4 WHEN WE HAD A TOTALLY SUPERIOR REPLACEMENT READY IN 1943. A LOT OF US TANKERS BURNED BECAUSE OF THAT DECISION.
Posted on: 2017/10/4 16:45

Matatk Re: 10/4/2017 chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Rained a bit this morning. Good for the grass. I expected it to be muggy but it really just dropped the temp a bit and it's decent out.

Marcus - how does it feel now that you've been subjugated?

I got a couple sets of nice long box end ratcheting wrenches in the mail today. I planned on keeping one and selling one, but they're so darn nice I might just have to keep them both!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2017/10/4 18:17

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

RAINED ALL DAY, JUST OVER TWO INCHES IN THE RAINGAUGE. WHOO WHOO---WE NEEDED THAT.
Posted on: 2017/10/4 23:06

TommyT-Bone Re: 10/4/2017 chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Worked a full day +. Rained off and on with torrential downpours in the mix. I was soaked by 03:00 and kept working until my clothes dried on me. Stopped around 07:00 to go home and do a couple of home chores. Set 4 posts for a tiki hut that broke in the hurricane. Oversaw the move of a 15 x 30 shed we bought from a neighbor for the nursery to replace the blown away dry house. Needed a crane and shed trailer crew to move it. I'm just glad it's been moved and set up at the nursery. Now I get to do some internal touches on it.
Posted on: 2017/10/5 1:25

TommyT-Bone Re: 10/4/2017 chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Alarm went off in the tool shed at the nursery while I was posting. Found box of vinyl gloves on the floor and a sprinkler head. Either a critter, a ghost, or both knocked them off the toolbox they were on. Of course it was an armed response. Too many possibilities of things that go bump in the night. Oh well, I'm ready to retire .... to bed that is. I'm tired.
Posted on: 2017/10/5 2:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.