Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
248 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D44
This references the rear differential.

The D36 was the smaller unit. Used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes after that.

The ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Aha, aha!
Posted on: 2017/10/14 12:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Been working.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 12:48

GRIS Re: Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

CLEAR, CALM, AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 90 THE PREDICTED HIGH. THE CHEROKEES ARE HEADED FOR THE LAKE WHILE THE GOING IS GOOD.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, DARLING WIFE HEADING OUT THIS AFTERNOON TO COLORADO WITH BABY DAUGHTER & FAMILY. I'LL MAKE MY USUAL PASS THRU THE LOCAL FLEA MARKET.

WHAT IS IT SO INTERESTING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S CASTOFFS AND JUNK? :-)
Posted on: 2017/10/14 13:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
WHAT IS IT SO INTERESTING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S CASTOFFS AND JUNK? :-)

We like rare, unusual or antique/vintage cast offs and junk.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 14:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Talked with my 91 y/o mother. She bought a place in the same complex where she lived last year. Lived there for about a year. Found a bigger unit on the third floor. Bought that one and moved there. Took a deposit to sell the first floor place she lived in. Decided she didn't like the third floor place. Cancelled the sale on the first floor place moved back to the first floor and signed a contract with the same person to buy her third floor place. Meanwhile back here. We lived in our other house for 28 years. This one we have lived in for 6+ now. I hate moving. Besides, we have to many precious, rare, vintage and antique things to move and we keep buying more. Our yard sale would look more like a flea market. lol.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 14:44

pianoguy Re: Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Kinda cloudy out, I think - coffee hasn't kicked in yet, so it could just be me. Meanwhile, I have no intention of moving after being here 30 years. They can sharpen my feet and pound me into the garden when the time comes.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/10/14 15:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

WE HAVE LIVED HERE 17 YEARS. NOT ONLY IS THIS LONGER THAN I'VE EVER LIVED IN ONE HOUSE, IT'S LONGER THAN I EVER LIVED IN ONE STATE :-0

WE WERE IN THE PREVIOUS HOUSE NINE YEARS AND IT TOOK THREE TRUCK LOADS TO GET US HERE. IT WOULD TAKE A FREIGHT TRAIN TO MOVE US NOW.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 15:50

Ultraman Re: Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14729 Posts

10-4 on the moving......we have been here for 27 years and when we moved here we said even if we had to dig ditches for a living we were not moving again. Before that we had moved 5 time in 8 years or 8 time in 5 years I can't remember..... but it was time to put down roots....... here we are and here we will be.....

Sorry for the so many folks who have lost everything out in California.... can't stop nature when she is at her worst.....

Yesterday I spent about 11 hours in the KW......should have been less but I was in Iowa the home of narrow roads and the 55 double nickel speed limit....... who can drive 55? or even 60.....then I trusted my phone to take me to the destination..... I finally stopped and bought a map of Iowa....remember when they used to give you those free at the gas station? ya....no more....so it's getting dark and I thought I will just run US 20 to Sioux City and then I29 south to 80....... good luck with that.....detours and road construction took me forever to get to I29........ I did crawl in the plush tuck and roll sleeper to take a nap on the way........ ah the life of a modern day king of the road......

I would like to park on of those new Ford King Ranch deluxe pickups next to the one VB's been working on. They say you can get a new KR for up to a 100 grand with all the options........ yikes...... just a regular old work truck right?

Foggy and misty here.....I think I will forgo the Husker game against Ohio State this evening...... Uboy wants to take Ugirlfriend........ I'm going to watch baseball.......

Have a safe day Guru's
Posted on: 2017/10/14 17:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Changed the oil on the Vette, now all it needs is a little cleanup before tucking it away. I don't know if I'll have time to do that this weekend, but if not, sometime in the next week. The season sure went by fast.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 18:12

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys....went to bed late, got up late. Went to watch a GD play soccer. She lost but it was a good day to watch soccer.

Busy doing things with and around the grands.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 19:12

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Changed the oil on the Vette, now all it needs is a little cleanup before tucking it away. I don't know if I'll have time to do that this weekend, but if not, sometime in the next week. The season sure went by fast.

Don't forget the 5 gallon bucket, rolling wheel, peanut butter and water.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 20:10

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

My season is just getting ready to begin in another 6 weeks or so. The cars or trucks still have not been washed since before the hurricane. No time for frivolous b.s.. Have to charge the batteries up, wash, wax detail insides on everything. Might have time to start in about 3 weeks. After the next vacation ..... or not ..... I hardly had time for that $#!+ before the Vulcan hurricane. After the workout I'm getting now my routine will seem like be a piece of cake. Life was so much easier back in the olden days ........

Attach file:

gif  Fire up.gif (124.67 KB)
852_59e2714f4e9f6.gif 150X122 px
Posted on: 2017/10/14 20:19

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I would like to park on of those new Ford King Ranch deluxe pickups next to the one VB's been working on. They say you can get a new KR for up to a 100 grand with all the options........ yikes...... just a regular old work truck right?

PICKUPS ARE BORDERING ON THE RIDICULOUS THESE DAYS, OUTSIZED BEYOND PRACTICALITY. WHEN YOU CAN'T REACH ACROSS AND GET SOMETHING OUT OF THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT THE TRUCK IS TOO DAMN BIG.

THAT'S WHY I WANT MY '54 FORD BACK. IT WAS JUST THE RIGHT SIZE AND HAD LOTS OF NEAT FEATURES: TWO WINDOWS THAT ROLLED UP AND DOWN WITHOUT THE KEY EVEN IN THE IGNITION, TWO INDEPENDENT LITTLE VENT WINDOWS THAT COULD BE SET AS YOU LIKED, THREE ON THE TREE, DIMMER SWITCH CONVENIENTLY LOCATED TO THE LEFT OF THE CLUTCH, SPARE TIRE MOUNTED ON THE SIDE OF THE BED WITHIN EASY REACH, BENCH SEAT WITH NO HEAD REST SO YOU COULD TURN AND LOOK TO THE REAR WHEN BACKING UP, AND A CAPACIOUS GLOVE BOX WITHIN ARM'S REACH. NOT TO MENTION AN ENGINE SO SIMPLE EVEN I COULD TUNE IT, WITH NO "CHECK ENGINE" LIGHT.

I MISS IT.
Posted on: 2017/10/14 20:43

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Don't forget the 5 gallon bucket, rolling wheel, peanut butter and water.

My MIL just put fresh peanut butter on the trap - it's ready to rock and roll ;-)
Posted on: 2017/10/14 22:32

vetteblondie Re: Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Another nice feature of those older trucks is that you can put your punk ass teenage boy in one and he won't be acting like an ass in it with all the gadgets and what not trying to impress some girl or show out and wreck that 89,000 truck that belongs to his grandpaw. Such as what usually happens where I live. These farmers who claim to be so poor buy these things for their stupid teenage grandsons and those kids are spoiled idiots who need a 58 Chevy with roll up windows and no radio. And taught how to work on one. Be a lot less snotty brat boys around. Was a hot, but nice 90 degree day here today, unfortunately the pool water wasn't so nice at only 70. Needed to grocery shop so the BF took me around to the stores I frequent and let me out and I could roll around the stores with his help and hunt and gather. Gathered some strange looks too in Sams when we figured out I could put my feet on the bottom rack of the cart and hold the handle of it while he pushed me I could then push the cart. Efficient though. But, between me Flintstoning myself around in that wheelchair and in and out of the truck I managed to pull something in my "good" knee and feels like a pulled groin muscle in the other side. And I'm just plain danged tired. Too much today. Wasn't ready for that like I thought I was. Didn't help the Mexican roofers woke us up at 7am when we both wanted to sleep in. Funny how during the week when we had to be up by 7am they weren't here till 10am. Claimed they couldn't start till the dew burned off or they'd fall off.
Posted on: 2017/10/15 3:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Ten, Fourteen, Seventeen
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Evening guys....didn’t get much accomplished today. This evening went over to #1s house to eat. SIL got a new Apple-watch and when we we getting ready to leave and come back over to #3s house, he grabbed his old one (a series 2 version) and told me to take it. So I’ve been messing with it trying to figure it out. I can see where it can be helpful...we’ll see how it goes.

Going to get up,early and go to church, so better hit the hay.
Posted on: 2017/10/15 3:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.