Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (222 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A-Molds
These are a more traditional 5-spoke rim (than the Saw Blades).

Used on later ZR1s, the 1996 GrandSport and Collectors Edition....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk 24 hours in a day chat....
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well bad news on the Honda. Not sure if I mentioned it, but after I picked it up I noticed that the body gaps were not right and the fender wasn't flush. Ugh. So today I took it back to the shop and dropped it off. After this month long saga it's still going on. Now it likely needs more body work to a seam, the fender pulled, and panel repainted. This is from a reputable shop, too.

Letty, how often do you guys have "comebacks" whether it's a valid complaint or bs? (Mine is very, very valid btw)

Weather has cooled off quite a bit. Rain overnight and probably more tomorrow (today). Driving the Vette so I need to be extra careful. Big hp, light car, rain, cold weather, summer tires....etc, etc...But nice to enjoy it before it's time to go to sleep for the winter.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2017/10/24 6:32

pianoguy Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Gloomy, windy, chilly - I guess late October has finally kicked in. Tomorrow is the only nice day predicted for the week, so I'll sneak out of here early then in order to get more yardwork done before the bottom falls out on Thursday.

Sucks about your car, Matt - hope they get it right this time around.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/10/24 12:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SUNNY, BREEZY, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES THINK FALL HAS FELL.

WAS THINKING ABOUT A TRIP TO THE RANGE, BUT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE TOO WINDY FOR WHAT I WANT TO DO. DON'T THINK IT WILL INTERFERE WITH MY NAP THO---

Success is when you look back at your
life and the memories make you smile.
Posted on: 2017/10/24 12:45

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Morning......just headed out the door for some big rig driving...... starting to hum some truck driving songs....... 18 wheels and a dozen roses..... 10 more miles on a 3 day run....... simple pleasures are the best.....

Enjoy your day Guru's......

Posted on: 2017/10/24 13:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Round trip to the Keys today. Nursery work for little bit then home where I can't seem to find any energy. Oh well.
Posted on: 2017/10/24 21:22

vetteblondie Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Letty, how often do you guys have "comebacks" whether it's a valid complaint or bs? (Mine is very, very valid btw)

Matt I'm very sorry to hear bout your car's issues and the hassle it's created for you. We have all had things like that happen, it's never fun.
At the place I help at, there aren't many comebacks, but things do happen. There are the BS ones too, one being what started as a repair ending as a frame off restoration on a vette and it was someone that no matter how perfect you make it, he still can't be pleased. It left way better than the factory made it, and he has since been ran out of every shop in town, but that's another story.

Some comebacks I recall was one that related to some bad primer or something that was unknown to us until there was an issue. He made good on it and the paint place made good with him on it for labor and materials. Another was for a piece of molding for a lady's car that the backing came undone on. Hyundai sent a new piece no charge and she was back on her way in about 30 minutes. He had some help one time that did some paint work not up to par, but it looked perfect when it left. The guy didn't prime right or something I'm told, but he ended up repainting 3 cars due to that guy, and he was fired on the spot once it was figured out. You get a bad apple sometimes. Once in a while you have things, part of the territory. A couple of body men like that is why he has run his shop by himself for years. He has I know of one guy he will trust to do paint work and actually work in his shop on things. There is one more that used to work for him that has done a paint job or two when he had a heart attack and broken leg and needed help, but that's been all I know of in the last few years.

On gaps, however - geez there's times that we've spend half a day messing with adjusting, readjusting, readjusting, etc. Sometimes, a panel will be pulled and other things have to be adjusted and start back at it. It happens, that's part of it. Especially when one's had a hard knock. Another issue is those Chinese aftermarket parts. I fkn hate those. They never fit I don't care what you do. You'll spend more time at $45/hour trying to make it work than you would if you just spent the extra money for the genuine stuff which requires less time for fitment. But hey, I'm not they bodyman, I'm just the shop minion. Can't tell you how many times I've been bored of either holding a door or fender, or hood, opening, closing, raising, lowering, over and over and over, looking at the gap, top to bottom, side to side, undo bolts, move it, tighten, look again, nope, redo, etc. But, he wants them to leave as perfect as they can.

I'm not sure if your shop guy did his own work or if he has help or how his place is setup. Is he a one man show or is it a 'race track shop'? (several ppl working on one car). If he did this himself and just was careless I'd be hurt. If his help did it, and he trusted his help and failed to check his work , fair enough but I'll be he has learned to not be so trusting. Then again, why have help for if you have to hover over every little thing they do? I no longer get hovered over but my work is always checked. Sometimes he don't check my work, and that's when he'll say "are you done sanding so I can buff", etc... and then I will say "you go look and tell me if I"m done"... I always want my work checked. I like it to be right also as that car has HIS name on it when it leaves there. He is ultimately responsible.
Posted on: 2017/10/25 0:59

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys...it's been a long day. I got up ear;y and got everything together to head to the 'city' for my Dr appnt. Just about the time I left, I thought, "Why didn't my phone remind me of the appointment?" So I look at my calendar and my appointment isn't showing. I go back to the month and see an item is on for tomorrow, I look at that and see my appnt is for tomorrow......I don't think so......So I go back in the house and check my email reminder....yup, it's tomorrow. I head over to the 'city' anyway, because I needed a couple things for a project I'm doing and If I don't have them, I got nothing to do today (not really, it's just what I was planning to do).

So tomorrow, I'll go back to the 'city' for my Dr appnt.

Sucks about the car, Matt. Keep plugging away Tommy. Tomorrow is the nicest day we'll have in the next week too, Brad. Upper 70s then the bottom drops out and the high for Friday is low 40s. Hard freeze Thursday night and Friday night.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Posted on: 2017/10/25 1:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

I sometimes need someone to check over my work too, Letty.
Posted on: 2017/10/25 1:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Sometimes just reading the daily thread before bedtime is all I need to help me go to sleep ........ (Dig hole , climb in, and put up good night sign)
Posted on: 2017/10/25 3:38

Ultraman Re: 24 hours in a day chat....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Honey.......I'm hoooome.......... just in time to go to bed.......wow....... good night everybody.....
Posted on: 2017/10/25 4:07

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.