Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
251 user(s) are online (214 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  1983
The year with no Corvette production. There is only one surviving 1983 Corvette. The one 1983 Corvette is in the National Corvette Museum, (NCM), in ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ta-dah!
Posted on: 2017/10/27 12:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys...I slept in a little, then had a phone call from #2 that #3GS told her @5:30 this morning that it was "Career Day" @ school and what was he going to be? So I gathered up a tool belt, hardhat and a few tools for him to be a carpenter. Took them up to the school for him. The principal (a former student of mine) met me at the door and offered to take them to him. Kids......

It's pretty cold this morning, 22 right now, but they are predicting upper 40s......we'll see. I've got counter tops to apply laminate to today. I got the tops all made yesterday, so today is laminate day. Not really my favorite thing to do, but it is what it is. I will, at some point today, install the shelf I built for the nice older lady. Got to have some help with that as it is heavy and big.

Got to get to it guys, have a great day.
Posted on: 2017/10/27 13:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Car ran well yesterday again. No starting issues. So that's a good thing, right?

Honda is supposed to be ready at the body shop. I'll pick it up today.

We've been having a phone saga with the switch over. Changed from Sprint to T-Mobile. Wife took her phone with her which they claimed would work. It did, but only for voice calls and not lte or sms messages. Only option according to them is to buy a new phone. I found the instructions online for how to overwrite the phone software and reset it with a different carrier. Takes hours to download the programs. I thought I had it rooted and the new software on yesterday morning. Phone powered up and could make calls...still no internet. Found out the software (which is technically legit from samsung but somehow "cracked" off of a new stock phone) was from overseas and the carrier wouldn't match up. I downloaded a different version which then bricked the phone (broke the software, basically). Spent hours and hours again trying different things and nothing. Finally this morning I got a newer version that downloaded and I think I've got it. New software is loaded and everything back to normal. Lists correct carrier network with LTE/internet/SMS. I hope that solves it. I honestly don't think the time and frustration I spent on this was worth the $400 price for a new phone. But it's done for now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/10/27 13:23

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Ta-dah!

Resized Image
Posted on: 2017/10/27 13:24

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
The principal (a former student of mine) met me at the door and offered to take them to him. Kids......

The principal...or the GS?
Posted on: 2017/10/27 13:25

GRIS Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

SEMI-SUNNY, COLD, AND WINDY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, FIRST FREEZE OF THE SEASON PREDICTED FOR TONIGHT. PROPANE TOPPED OFF, DARLING WIFE'S POTTED PLANTS TO BE BROUGHT INSIDE, OUTSIDE WATER PIPES DRAINED, WINTER IS COMING, TO COIN A PHRASE :-)

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, MAY DRIVE OVER TO MUSKOGEE TO SEE ONE OF MY OLD VA COHORTS.

BEEN READING ABOUT THE LITTLE ICE AGE. BOOK BY BRIAN FAGAN, HE'S A LITTLE OVER-DETAILED BUT ALWAYS COVERS HIS SUBJECT WELL.
Posted on: 2017/10/27 13:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Upper 50s here this morning. I want my summer back, this is BS. It was 80 yesterday. That hammock stand thing came in yesterday, the bed should come in today. I should have got the smaller stand. That thing is huge. But, not sure 2 feet would have mattered really. Not nearly enough sleep to have to get out of bed on a cloudy cold day. Sitting here at the body shop, I see a painted Tigershark front bumper in the paint room, which means somebody will be sanding that later. I'd rather not. He'll be here in an hour. I think I'll go find some sweeping or something monotonous to do...
have a good day
Posted on: 2017/10/27 13:36

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! We're getting our first taste of snow (just some flurries so far). I decided to not participate in the freeway follies, so I am telecommuting. And also putting my brain into vacation mode, as the countdown to tomorrow is winding down.

I have hammock envy, Letty! Though nobody but an Eskimo would be using one here for the foreseeable future.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/10/27 14:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Maybe a heated hammock Brad?....... Mmmm, Nah......

Cold here also.....time to dig out the winter stuff....the warm fuzzy hats and the down vests and such...... Fall is a great season but also the shortest one......... not looking forward to what's coming next......

I better drain the sprinkler system today or I will have to buy parts in the spring..... maybe done mowing though so better move the snow blower up from the back of the shed to the front.........sigh.........

Have a wondrous day Guru's......
Posted on: 2017/10/27 15:17

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7639 Posts

COLD AND WINDY ALL DAY, NOT MUCH SUNSHINE. SAW MY BUDDY IN MUSKOGEE, HAD A NICE BULL SESSION. TOOK DW TO TAHLEQUAH AND PRIME RIB FOR SUPPER. YUMM!

SO FULL I MAY HEED A PRE-BEDTIME NAP.
Posted on: 2017/10/28 1:16

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Final packing. See ya!
Posted on: 2017/10/28 1:24

pianoguy Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Have a great trip, Tommy!
Posted on: 2017/10/28 1:49

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Well, it was a productive day. I got quite a few of the pieces of the tops laminate applied. GS#1 helped me cut the 5 x 12 pieces up to more manageable sizes...still big pieces, just not AS big. Got the shelf installed too....that was an ordeal. The nice lady couldn't make up her mind just where to put it, and I had to drill 6 holes into the granite wall. It's really cold outside, but I'm sweating my arse off drilling those holes. My shirt was wet with sweat before I was done. The finished product looks great, and the little old lady was pleased...that's the important thing.

Yesterday I went to the parts store and bought 48' of 2 x 2 x 3/16 angle iron to have some braces made for the one counter top I'm building for the hospital. Today while gluing it together (L shape 5' on the short side 12' on the long) I thought, "This things weighs a lot, I hope I have enough supports for it." And then my thoughts went to "Oh, my gosh, what if the wall is built with metal studs! ........ No, I'm sure it is wood." Those thoughts got the better of me and this afternoon I had t go down and find the head maintenance guy to ask..."Which wall?" "The wall that I'm putting the long side of the counter top on." "Oh that wall has METAL studs. for sure." Crap! Now what? Metal studs will NEVER hold this counter top. The lady there making the decisions sort of told me when we talked about this that she wanted it open underneath the counter. So we walk down to figure out what to do and we explain to her that the wall won't support the counter. So I offer to build 4 pedestal/bookshelf/cabinets to set the counter on. She says, "Well, I don't want it coming down, so....Okay, I can use the storage space anyway." HUGE relief on my part, as I wasn't sure how I was going to hold it up otherwise.

They have backed off on how cold it's going to get tonight, instead of low-mid teens....low 20s, like last night.

Have a good time Brad and Tommy.
Posted on: 2017/10/28 2:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 27 ... 27? ... Ya, 27 ....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4646 Posts

Brad, don't have hammock envy on me just yet... the bed part came in broke. Figures. Additionally, it's supposed to be 31 tonight.
I've emailed the company about a return. From what I read, however it says buyer pays return shipping. That's already making me not happy.
Ya'all have a great trip
Posted on: 2017/10/28 2:23

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.