Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
356 user(s) are online (322 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 11.04.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Full moon and the whack jobs are out in force. It's a real phenomenon.

Didn't do much in the garage or around the house this morning. I had stuff to do, just didn't do anything. Some days you need that.

In the morning (Sat) the kids have a veterans day pancake breakfast at the school. The pancakes suck. They are premade McDonald's pancakes with McDonald's sausage. Gross. But the kids dig it. RR#2 is singing patriotic songs with his class so we need to be there for that. Should be fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2017/11/4 6:02

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 11.04.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

that's not the pancake feeds I remember......with lots of sausage and bacon and pancakes as big as toilet lids...... mmmmm...

Got to continue help with the harvest.......been driving truck for my new boss who also farms ...... did great yesterday until the new combine broke down......the feeder head chain which is a big deal broke and it took them 2 hours to get a new one out to the field and we all helped put it on which is no small task.......only to find out it was the wrong one and then they had to go get the right one........ I finally just came home........ geez......

Today we will try it again...... I'm getting to drive all kinds of semi's.......one of them yesterday had a non working tach and speedometer......both of which are fairly important in driving the big rigs........ farm trucks......

Have a swell day Guru's......
Posted on: 2017/11/4 11:02

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 11.04.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

AWOKE TO A FOGGY MORNING, EXTERIOR FOG THAT IS :-)IT'S BEGINNING TO DISSIPATE NOW. COOLISH,60 DEGREES RIGHT NOW. FLEA MARKET DAY, WHO KNOWS WHAT TREASURES MAY AWAIT--- OR NOT.

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Full moon and the whack jobs are out in force. It's a real phenomenon.

IT'S INTERESTING TO ME THAT RESEARCH HAS NEVER VERIFIED THIS, BUT THOSE WHO MUST DEAL WITH THE WACKOS TEND TO BELIEVE IT. I TEND TO BELIEVE IN EXPERIENTIAL REPORT BUT IT REMAINS A QUESTION.
Posted on: 2017/11/4 14:29

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 11.04.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Marcus - the pancake breakfast sucks, basically. I have spoken to the principal about it and she doesn't care. Someone in the school has a corporate connection to McDonald's (HQ isn't too far from here) so they provide the food, napkins, silverware, etc. I told her we could do a real pancake breakfast and make money...she blew me off. I don't like her.

Gris - sometimes real world experience is more important than all the studies you can quote
Posted on: 2017/11/4 16:07

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 11.04.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Gris - sometimes real world experience is more important than all the studies you can quote

THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT. MY TAKE IS THERE IS NEVER A SHORTAGE OF WACKOS, NO MATER WHAT THE PHASE OF THE MOON.
Posted on: 2017/11/4 20:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 11.04.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Tach? Speedometer? Hah! Drive by the seat of my pants.

I'm back. Good tale to tell ...... tomorrow.

McDonalds pancakes ...

Full moon rising? I know about a mojo rising ..... People who only get crazy on a full moon are amateurs.
Posted on: 2017/11/5 2:01

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 11.04.17
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Whoever is doing the full moon vs whacko research must he, himself be the whacko on the full moon.

Haven't felt good for a couple of days, evenings of fever and chills. Came home and fell right out asleep one night, napped all day today. Nothing has gone right, at all. Both hips and one knee have hurt. Dang, I'm not that old. WTF. Tentative plans to get up early and us head out to the hills to see the fall colors. Supposed to be nice, warm and sunny should make for a nice drive. Of course it was supposed to be that way today, too but it's been ugly, dreary, cold and raining all day. Could be why I feel so bad. 20 one day, 80 the next, then 20, then today it was all in one day. 20 this morning then by afternoon 80. Have a good weekend everyone.
Posted on: 2017/11/5 2:38

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 11.04.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Hey guys...been going since early. Headed over to Topeka to watch a GD play soccer then back and busy doing nothing all afternoon. Never did get up.to what they were projecting for a high temp.

Posted on: 2017/11/5 4:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.