Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
211 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Daily chat Saturday December twoth?...tooth?..tuth?...awwww second.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Some good reading in the last few days of chats. I agree you don't really get on your feet financially until a little later in life. But that's ok. We had our kids "younger" than some others knowing full well that financially you can't have everything early on. But now that we've got a few more years of marriage under our belts it has gotten easier. The strange thing is all people seem to live "at their means." But of course that means when you make more, you end up spending more. You guys would probably pass out if you saw my tool bills now as compared to 10 years ago

We are drawing closer to Christmas which means more shopping. We've already done a lot of it (shopping online helps). Wife and I have gotten to the point where gifts are irrelevant but it's still nice to have something to open. So I told her I wanted a new knife sharpener which she ordered on amazon and a Bluetooth soundbar for the garage. She's getting some nice gloves and slippers, maybe a scented candle because she likes those. How are you fellow procrastinating men doing on your shopping list (and Gris, the Mrs. doesn't want an O/U shotgun for the holidays...)?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Posted on: 2017/12/2 7:17

pianoguy Re: Daily chat Saturday December twoth?...tooth?..tuth?...awwww second.
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! This morning I woke up at 5:13, and thought, "Well, I'll just lay here for a couple minutes until the alarm goes off." After about 3 minutes it dawned on me that it was Saturday. I love Saturdays. Meanwhile, I have made no progress whatsoever on Christmas shopping.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/12/2 15:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Daily chat Saturday December twoth?...tooth?..tuth?...awwww second.
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14727 Posts

Well.............. Christmas........hmmmm......... I had no idea it was getting close but we got us a tree...... went to the tree farm we always go to and met up with the kids and walked and walked and found the perfect trees......then found out those were not for sale........ so they had a bunch of cut ones up at the little store place so we found one there........... These are nice, says I ......... yeah they come from Michigan, says He....... Isn't this a tree farm? I asked........ yep but we have to supplement because not all the trees are ready to sell yet........ Oh........ok.......how much? 75 bucks....... let's do it says I........ came home and put it in a bucket of water and will get it up sometime this weekend ......

Better go help with the chores...... my turn to vacuum

have a stellar day Guru's.......
Posted on: 2017/12/2 15:48

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Daily chat Saturday December twoth?...tooth?..tuth?...awwww second.
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I see your Huskers have a shiny new coach, Marcus ;-)
Posted on: 2017/12/2 22:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Daily chat Saturday December twoth?...tooth?..tuth?...awwww second.
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
.. let's do it says I........ came home and put it in a bucket of water and will get it up sometime this weekend ......

This is just a bit too much information...I know you guys are empty nesters...but the middle of the day?

Posted on: 2017/12/3 2:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: Daily chat Saturday December twoth?...tooth?..tuth?...awwww second.
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys....slept in again this morning. Once we were up an around Rosie says she wants to go up town to the Craft show ...."just to see what's there". We spent about an hour there, and just looked. Didn't buy anything. Then she says we need to go to the 'city' for a few groceries...OK. So we go over, on a Saturday morning, not my idea of fun, but we can't really go tomorrow as the Knights group is making beirocks (Runzas, for some of you other folks) tomorrow and will be busy all day. Surprisingly, we must have beat the crowds by going early as the stores weren't too bad. We came home and go things unloaded and put away and I went to the shop and worked on some wine stoppers that #1 ordered last night. She asks me, "If I order some wine stopper kits, would you make them for me?" I told her I thought I had some kits on hand, so I got 4 of the 6 turned when it became time to get ready to go to church. And that brings me to now.

I think I have most of my Christmas done, except for late orders. I got Rosie's in August...almost forgot about it, but actually got it wrapped and hidden in the tree. Rosie came into the computer room the other night and ask me if I liked a long sleeved t-shirt she had found...it had an orange C6 corvette on it. "Yea, I like that", "Good because I've ordered one for you and one for me. I'll wrap them and put them under the tree". Got some of the other stuff, for kids today, so I think I'm good.
Posted on: 2017/12/3 2:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.