Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Regular Production Order
Commonly known as RPO. These are the codes that GM uses to identify options.

For example, LT1 is the RPO for the engine used from 1992-1996.

Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I've decided that this whole winter cold stuff is for the birds. Speaking of birds, I'm ready to be a snowbird and come harass Tommy. All I need is time and money, right? Sure, I've got a lot of both of those...

On the topic of time, I spent some time reorganizing the top drawer of my toolbox (shut it, Marcus!). Trying to get it closer to how I want it. I finally got the three row Snap on socket trays I wanted. I am even getting rid of some sockets and extensions I don't use/need (yes, Marcus - it's true). So it's almost how I want it....for now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  20171213_005733-1-1672x748.jpg (461.83 KB)
994_5a30db3a055ed.jpg 1672X748 px
Posted on: 2017/12/13 7:54

teebee Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... The top tray....????? Are all the drawers that full, Matt? That's freaking awesome!

Above freezing already here, headed to low 60s again today. We made it there yesterday. I cut off early and rode with friends to the HS ball game to watch my GS play. They won hands down.

Today, I'm going with my client to look at some installed showers, so she can decide what she wants for her bathroom. Eat with the old folks and then....well, I'm not sure what's going on this afternoon. I'll fill it up with something.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Posted on: 2017/12/13 13:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

It's nice to see you making good use of your time.................. Matthew ...... very orderly and precise.......... almost perfect.......... may be a bit O C but I can think of worst things you could be doing....... so well done....... you probably have more tools in that drawer then in all the drawers on my pathetic Craftsman box......... ok I'm jealous.......... do you lend tools? How about if I need a tool I don't have I get on line to your Tools R Us website and rent it and then send it back when done....... brilliant.......... and if I don't send it back you have my CC to charge me for it......... wow....... I think it could work..........

Up early for a meeting with the new guys I work with. So better get presentable........ have a very nice day Guru's........
Posted on: 2017/12/13 13:38

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14706 Posts

......how about a nap in the afternoon Tee? just saying........ I can send you a pic of our shower after the remodel if you want. just to have more to show........... I won't send any selfies of us showering in it.......... gag........
Posted on: 2017/12/13 13:43

GRIS Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

SUNNY AND COOL IN THYE NATIONS THIS MORNING. LOOKS LIKE A NICE DAY COMING UP. THE CHEROKEES ARE SMILING, DRY BUT SMILING :-)

THE PERMANENT POLITICAL CLASS IS BACK IN THE SADDLE AND THE DEMOCRATS' REPUBLICAN ENABLERS HAVE PROVEN ONCE AGAIN THAT GEORGE WALLACE WAS RIGHT. THERE'S NOT A NICKEL'S WORTH OF DIFFERENCE.
Posted on: 2017/12/13 14:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Another day started with a meeting - ducky. Meanwhile, we are getting a little blast of snow now and then. As for excitement, I saw a car get rear-ended by a big pickup hauling a trailer this morning in stop-and-go traffic. Fortunately I was not stuck in that lane.

Matt, where is the challenge in that? Me, I have to dig through piles of sockets, wrenches, etc. to find what I need.

Posted on: 2017/12/13 15:12

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I'll have to show you pics of a semi organized toolbox.
Matt, now that the toolbox is organized you can jump on some of your Corvette projects.

It's the most wonderful time of the year ......

Posted on: 2017/12/13 15:17

TommyT-Bone Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Also found a vid from one of Matt's hangouts when he was in his early 20's.

Posted on: 2017/12/13 15:26

teebee Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
......how about a nap in the afternoon Tee? just saying........ I can send you a pic of our shower after the remodel if you want. just to have more to show........... I won't send any selfies of us showering in it.......... gag........

That would be quite a sight!
Posted on: 2017/12/13 17:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Matt? Are you serious? That micro ratchet is cute as a bug tho. I want a socket rack that has giant numbers. I want sockets that have giant numbers.
Thought I had a truck bought finally. The dude that was supposed to be rebuilding me one finally brought it over to the house. BF told him "you know she helps out at a body shop two days a week so don't be surprised if she picks it over" Dude told him, "no problem, tell her I'll fix whatever she finds she's not happy with".
I got out that night with a flashlight and looked the black tuxedo metallic paint over top to bottom along hood/fender/bumper line and none of it matched. Opened door and it used to be blue or green. Saw a run with a drop on the end the size of a pencil eraser. None of the body plugs were in, buff burns everywhere, the bed was jacked three inches on one side - or the cab - still trying to figure that out. It sets on there just one way on that model so there's a problem. Went in the house and drove it to work the next morning. I typed up a list of what I found. Body shop friend/boss asked me about it I showed him my list but told him to just look but do not tell me anything. He looked and asked had I looked at it in daylight. I told him no as it was late and then here we'd been busy. He said take a break and go look again. I went back and one front wheel stuck out farther and was more far forward than the other, I drove it again, hard pull to the left and it vibrated. I took it home and parked it. BF asked me if I wanted it, I gave him the list and told him to tell the guy to shove it up his a$$. He had even offered to sell me the thing for $15k which would include the frame pull and all the parts to fix with. I was to pay $19,500 done. In other words I was paying all that difference for crappy body work that a retarded monkey could do better. And this is a guy that my BF does mechanic work for often and this dude wears us out on holidays and last minute stuff and wakes us up early interrupts dinners, etc to have him work. And he sends crap like that over to sell us? I'm livid. I need a truck. And really needed it before the end of the year. BF as it turns out gave him my notes with the keys and the dude is pissed at me . Too funny. The shop owner across the street from him was in my office the other day asked did I buy the truck , I told him no. He said he was glad I didn't as he saw what was going on with it but it wasn't his place to get in the middle of it. He said that dude is gonna get somebody killed one of these days. I should have just bought the nekkid truck and built it at the shop I help out at and been done with it.
Posted on: 2017/12/13 20:20

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Too bad that guy was trying to take advantage of you, VB. Sounds like it's about time for your BF to lose that guy's number and stop doing favors.

As far as the box, thanks for the kind words. Took me a lot of years to build up to it. This is my new box I got a few months back. I've been slowly rearranging it to get it where I want it. I now have one wide and one narrow shallow drawer empty due to getting rid of cases, reorganization, etc.

I took a couple of quick pictures. The top and second drawers (sockets/ratchets and wrenches) are about 62" wide inside for reference.

Attach file:

jpg  20171213_144141-1040x2080.jpg (378.33 KB)
994_5a3197a00ceae.jpg 1040X2080 px

jpg  20171213_144213-2080x1040.jpg (596.91 KB)
994_5a3197b3d2d35.jpg 2080X1040 px

jpg  20171213_144234-2080x1040.jpg (629.29 KB)
994_5a3197c4a9ae6.jpg 2080X1040 px

jpg  20171213_144315-1040x2080.jpg (540.72 KB)
994_5a3197d98e39f.jpg 1040X2080 px
Posted on: 2017/12/13 21:13

Huskerland
14706 Posts

......that is uh....stunning in its scope and organization.......... wow........
Posted on: 2017/12/13 21:53

vetteblondie Re: Vensday Chat 12.13.17
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I can appreciate Matt's organization of tools. I'm picky about where mine go. I like them back in their respective little slots. I do not have near that many and I do have my own tray of sockets at the shop and we end up sharing those because - wait for it - they're organized... I'm also anal about the fact they better had be put back clean. I grab a nasty ratchet and I lose my well.. anyway.
I don't play with my tool(s) much like Matt but I like to have a tidy one :D
I however do not like to have that MANY - GEEZ why? LOL.
Looks like you have a dozen of the same thing..? I'm also a big fan of multi use tools.
I've come to like the BF's snap on stuff too. Except when I needed to put a screw in the wall to hang something. He hands me his drill. I just needed a screw in the wall, not twist the whole wall around. My $12 HF one wwas just fine
Posted on: 2017/12/13 22:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Looks like you have a dozen of the same thing..?

Actually no. All of my ratchets, wrenches, and sockets are different in some way.

Having used cheaper tools my whole life (that certainly did the job), I have an appreciation for the nicer stuff that makes the job faster, easier, more efficient, or more comfortable. That being said, you'll see every brand of tool in my box from Harbor Freight to Craftsman to Snap-on/Matco/Mac. Different tools/brands/quality based on need and use.
Posted on: 2017/12/13 23:59

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

WELL, IT SEEMS SOME PERSON OR PERSONS UNKNOWN USED DARLING WIFE'S CREDIT CARD TO DO ALL THEIR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING. FORTUNATELY USAA WATCHES THEIR CARDS CLOSELY FOR ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY AND CAUGHT IT.

CARD CLOSED OUT, NEW ONE ON THE WAY. MAY HAVE BEEN "BEST BUY" OR A SCANNER ON A GAS PUMP. ?QUIEN SABE?

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE WARY---

Posted on: 2017/12/14 0:01

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Too bad that guy was trying to take advantage of you, VB. Sounds like it's about time for your BF to lose that guy's number and stop doing favors.

HE BELONGS ON THE LIST THAT STARTS WITH "S"
MALICIOUS OR STUPID, EITHER ONE IS CAUSE FOR BOYCOTT.
Posted on: 2017/12/14 0:06

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

WELL, IT SEEMS SOME PERSON OR PERSONS UNKNOWN USED DARLING WIFE'S CREDIT CARD TO DO ALL THEIR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING.

If they bought tools.....wasn't me

Had that happen to me a few years back, too.

I recommend you call one of the credit bureaus (they are all linked) and add a 90 day fraud alert to your SS#. Only takes a minute and it's all automated.

https://www.experian.com/ncaconline/fraudalert
Posted on: 2017/12/14 0:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.