Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
235 user(s) are online (195 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS NEW YEAR'S EVE EVE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

THAT WAS A FAST YEAR---
Posted on: 2017/12/30 14:19
Edited by GRIS on 2017/12/30 15:04:31

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

STILL CLOUDY; STILL COLD AND GETTING COLDER. THE CHEROKEES WOULD LIKE A LITTLE SUNSHINE AND SO WOULD I.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY OR TONIGHT :-|
Posted on: 2017/12/30 14:24

j3studio Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Don't confuse folks, Gris—it's still the 30th ...

... about today's weather: let's just say that "too cold to snow" isn't always accurate.

In other j3studio news, teebee will be pleased to know that our ministrations (running the offending shower in the evening and dripping the water all night) got us through the night without the Pex freezing again.
Posted on: 2017/12/30 14:43
Edited by j3studio on 2017/12/30 15:04:45

teebee Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....Not sure, but I guess I missed a whole day...I thought it was Saturday the 30th. Colder than a witches tit in a brass bra this morning. 3 right now and only headed to 25 they say. I was in short sleeves yesterday as I took the outside decorations down. About sundown the wind switched to the north and the cold started flooding in.

Going to swap radios in SIL F150 today. Going to the school shop to do it as my garage isn't really big enough to get the truck in and then actually do any work with the door down. And I'm not leaving it up today.

Posted on: 2017/12/30 14:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Good to hear John.
Posted on: 2017/12/30 14:47

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

94BlueToy Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

I hope you folks in the lower states survive the cold weather. It was -17º this morning. It is suppose to be -30º the next 2 mornings. We like the cold weather as it's suppose to keep out the riff raft.

My luck isn't all good. I got called for jury duty next week for 3 days. There is a chance it will be cancelled. I hope so. It just so happens I have a Derm appointment one of those days that has been scheduled for 6 months. I would hate to have to cancel.

I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous New Year.
Posted on: 2017/12/30 15:01

GRIS Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE EVE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
Don't confuse folks, Gris—it's still the 30th ...

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AHEAD OF MY TIME---

94BlueToy wrote:
I hope you folks in the lower states survive the cold weather. It was -17º this morning. It is suppose to be -30º the next 2 mornings. We like the cold weather as it's suppose to keep out the riff raft.[/quote]

IT'LL SURE AS HELL KEEP ME OUT :-0
Posted on: 2017/12/30 15:05

pianoguy Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

94BlueToy wrote:
I hope you folks in the lower states survive the cold weather. It was -17º this morning. It is suppose to be -30º the next 2 mornings. We like the cold weather as it's suppose to keep out the riff raft.

My luck isn't all good. I got called for jury duty next week for 3 days. There is a chance it will be cancelled. I hope so. It just so happens I have a Derm appointment one of those days that has been scheduled for 6 months. I would hate to have to cancel.

I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous New Year.

It's much warmer here, -14 at the moment. Good luck with the jury duty - I got called for that a couple years back, and only had to go sit at the courthouse for one day, then they said they'd call every night for the duration to tell me if I had to come the next day. The 2nd day they called and said I didn't have to come in any more.

My son's Jeep seems to have given up the ghost - it's 15 years old and not worth putting any more money into. So we'll see what happens with that. So much fun.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/12/30 15:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE EVE
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

...colder then a whores heart here.......and I have got all the brass monkeys in the heated shop...... sonsabitches its cold and only going to get worse........I'm going out to split some wood, its only 4 degrees now with a wind chill of -9.....so that should work......

Got Layla started and running finally......took 4 new batteries and had it plugged in......got the filters cleared of any crud and a 70% #2 and 30% #1 fuel blend in it..........that will keep it from gelling up...... diesels are a PIA when it gets this cold.......

Keep your powder dry pilgrims......
Posted on: 2017/12/30 17:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

My son's Jeep seems to have given up the ghost - it's 15 years old and not worth putting any more money into. So we'll see what happens with that. So much fun.

Running into a similar issue with BIL's truck. It's 13 years old with 225,000 miles. It's the one I worked on over the summer if you recall. He calls me the other day to tell me the heat stopped working and it overheated again. Huh? No way. I go check it and the coolant reservoir was empty (no rad cap on these). He said he hasn't smelled anything and no puddles and no smoke from the tailpipe. Well, coolant doesn't magically disappear. I tried to check it further but it was about five degrees outside with snow on the ground. Started it up and thought I heard a little bearing noise, maybe the fan clutch or tensioner. Too hard to tell without taking pieces off. Fast forward to today. He dropped it off at a local shop, they've had it running for an hour with no overheating and no signs of leaks, etc. Great. Told them to flush the heater core, check the fluid, and send it out the door. Told BIL to keep an eye on the coolant level and temp gauge but keep driving it. Can't fix what you can't find.

Started patching a few little scratches and dents in the master bedroom walls because I'll be repainting in the next week. Already bought the paint and supplies, now I have to find the missing motivation (which apparently you can't pick up at the local hardware store).

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2017/12/30 22:03

GRIS Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE EVE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

HEY MATTHEW, YOUR BIL CAN GET A 200 MPH ELECTRIC CORVETTE FOR $750K. THAT'S $50K FOR THE CAR AND $700K FOR THE EXTENSION CORD.
Posted on: 2017/12/30 23:56

TommyT-Bone Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE EVE
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Thank you all for the freezing weather reports. It make it so much easier to express my gratitude for living in a tropical climate. We're due to get a blast from that cold front down here. That means there is a good chance that it will get cold for us thin blooded Floridians.
Planted 10 trees around the yard filling holes made by Hurricane Irma as she passed through several months ago. Sue had a former employee working at the new property cutting down trees and opening up everything. I'm working on the yard at the house trying to bring it back to its former glory. Had 3 guys yesterday helping me spread much. Got about half the mulching done. Did 160 25 gallon buckets and dug 5 holes for trees in the front yard. Might get them back for a day later next week. If not I'll just have to do it myself. Getting there .... One day at a time .......

Happy New Years Eve Eve.
Posted on: 2017/12/31 2:00

pianoguy Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE EVE
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The nursery needs one of these (that you can borrow), Tommy:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zzULTSKtBMk/maxresdefault.jpg
Posted on: 2017/12/31 2:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE EVE
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

UBoy called after he had left for the Star City......he was at an off ramp on the 80 with his Tahoe making all kinds of weird noises he said..... gauges were good and engine was running fine........ so I told him to stay in the truck while I came to check it out. I threw my road tool kit in the truck and a few other things and headed out to see what was up. 91K on the 09 Tahoe....

got there and took it for a spin and he was right.......bad noises from the drive line and I could smell hot ATF....... I told him to follow me home and we took the back roads at about 35 mph which is where it was the quietest ..... I'm hoping its just the front u joint gone and not a tranny problem......

Won't know until Tuesday when the fixit shop is open again....... so loaded him up in Lil Red our 99 step side short box and sent him on his way...... it was ass cold out laying on the ground trying to see what was wrong with the Tahoe............. always something.......
Posted on: 2017/12/31 2:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.