Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (202 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

SUNDAY, 31 DECEMBER, RIGHT?
Posted on: 2017/12/31 15:41

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

19 DEGREES AND WINDY; NOT SALUBRIOUS CONDITIONS. WINTER IS COMING, TO COIN A PHRASE :-)AT LEAST THE SUN IS SHINING, SORTA.

DROVE OVER TO MUSKOGEE AND HAD BREAKFAST, SOS AND EGGS THE GOLDEN CORRAL. SURE GLAD I GOT THE HEATER FIXED IN THE BUMBLEBEE.
Posted on: 2017/12/31 15:48

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Semi-brisk out there today, currently -15 with a wind chill of -35. A light jacket or sweater is definitely necessary. It'll be a good night for a remote starter - we're going out to dinner and over to a friend's. I imagine the car will be a frozen lump when it' time to come home.

Have a safe and festive New Year, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/12/31 15:51

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Out with the old ......
Posted on: 2017/12/31 16:02

94BlueToy Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Nice and brisk here this morning. It is -33º, but no wind. We do have about 6 inches of light snow. It is suppose to be 0º tomorrow and a high of mid 20s later in the week. Almost convertible weather.
Posted on: 2017/12/31 17:14

Ultraman Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14729 Posts

Brad do you still have a pickup truck? Or am I confused....... I love that remote start but the truck will only run for ten minutes then shut off and ten minutes goes by real fast.....then I have to restart it or go out and start it for real then come back in while it warms up......

Well it was a good year..... I walked my #2 daughter down the isle in the back yard and handed her off to my new SIL..... I sold my businesses that I have had since 88 and now am a working stiff punching the clock like everyone else....... had some nice drives in the Grand Sport, especially the one to the Black Hills with TBee and Rosie...... and some other friends we have met on other forums...... hope to do that again.... did the half mile race again in June........ so looking forward to the new year...... as I hope all of your are.

Been nine years since I first joined up here with my 90 Corvette........ lot of water under the bridge since then........ have a safe new years Guru's......
Posted on: 2017/12/31 17:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Quote:

94BlueToy wrote:
Nice and brisk here this morning. It is -33º, but no wind. We do have about 6 inches of light snow. It is suppose to be 0º tomorrow and a high of mid 20s later in the week. Almost convertible weather.

-33??? Are you serious?? WTF Just nope...

It's pretty chilly here I think it was 18 this morning, low 8 tonight they say. I'm not made for this climate. I wouldn't be here if I weren't stuck at the moment.
Got all the Christmas stuff down at the house yesterday, then at the nursing home room today. My garage is packed with storage tubs that now have to be carried up to the attic. That should be fun. Ya'll try to stay warm. My pool fountain is freezing, gives me chills just looking at the thing

Attach file:

jpg  26114018_10214796687734581_7368962556230568770_n.jpg (93.59 KB)
619_5a492a2491852.jpg 960X720 px
Posted on: 2017/12/31 18:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

"New Year's Eve, For Real This Time"

thumbup

Colder today and gray outside. This is a quiet New Year's Eve for us: we're going out to an early dinner and celebrating midnight at home.

Be safe tonight, folks.

Posted on: 2017/12/31 18:31

Elite Guru
4246 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

My pool fountain is freezing, gives me chills just looking at the thing.

That's a spectacular picture.

Posted on: 2017/12/31 18:33

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Brad do you still have a pickup truck? Or am I confused....... I love that remote start but the truck will only run for ten minutes then shut off and ten minutes goes by real fast.....then I have to restart it or go out and start it for real then come back in while it warms up......

Well it was a good year..... I walked my #2 daughter down the isle in the back yard and handed her off to my new SIL..... I sold my businesses that I have had since 88 and now am a working stiff punching the clock like everyone else....... had some nice drives in the Grand Sport, especially the one to the Black Hills with TBee and Rosie...... and some other friends we have met on other forums...... hope to do that again.... did the half mile race again in June........ so looking forward to the new year...... as I hope all of your are.

Been nine years since I first joined up here with my 90 Corvette........ lot of water under the bridge since then........ have a safe new years Guru's......

Pretty good year for you all in all, Marcus! I still have my pickup, and my wife has an Acura RDX - both with remote start ;-)

Here ya go, Letty - Minnehaha Falls here:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/12/31 19:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Here's the falls from the back side:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2017/12/31 19:22

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

Those are beautiful!
Mine worries me due to expanding ice and cracking stuff.
He's putting some winterizing chemical in there now. Usually when temps drop we turn everything on and that takes care of it. This is new, it didn't do this last year and it has me worried. This 'cold snap' has lasted longer than anticipated and will continue.
Posted on: 2017/12/31 19:31

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4246 Posts

While we're on the frozen falls pictures (April 2016 on the Blue Ridge Parkway):

Posted on: 2017/12/31 20:11

Huskerland
14729 Posts

Uh....Letty....you might want to shut that water off at the source in case when it thaws you won't have water running everywhere....... it shouldn't...... just saying........ may have some safeguard built in........ love that set up though....... very cool...... up here we call that a water event.......

Brad that pic behind the falls is awesome....... I would like to go there in the summer....... which is the month of July right?

ok gotta go for now........ almost nap time......
Posted on: 2017/12/31 20:11

teebee Re: NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR REAL THIS TIME
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys....slept in again this morning. It's cold started off about 0 has gotten up to 14. They have revised tonight's low up to -5. Almost tropical in comparison to our northern friends.

Yea, things could have been a lot worse in 2017. I'm thankful for all things. Even though losing both brothers this year was a blow, we can be thankful for everything else. We did have a good time with Marcus and uwoman and those others from the other forum. Looking forward to doing it again. Made a couple other trips in 007 as well. My business has done well, I've stayed as busy as I want to be. And Rosie and I have been able to make trips to KC to see the grands. Life has been good.

Posted on: 2017/12/31 22:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4246 Posts

Ultraman and teebee's accounting of 2017 makes me believe I should do the same. All in all, a good year. We're in good health, and the parents are generally okay: the worse that happened was that Ivelis' mother took a bad fall last month, but she's recovering. It was a positive year for both of us at work, though I believe both Ameriprise and Penn are definitely getting their money's worth.

This year's "big trip" along US Route 1 went well, with Grace performing magnificently. Lauren got another Top Flight in October. Louis continued to handle the decent weather daily driver duties (and got new rear shocks) while Jeff managed foul weather ably.

Much to be thankful for, methinks. One of the things I am grateful for is the companionship of this forum.

Posted on: 2017/12/31 22:54

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

I'd like to shut the water off, but with how long it's been on and the temps where they've been - shutting off at this point would cause damage as it would leave water in the lines to freeze. Typically when temps dip, the stuff gets turned on and that handles it. This is a new situation The winterizer just seemed to make it all worse
Posted on: 2018/1/1 6:16

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4642 Posts

by the way... Happy New Year!
Posted on: 2018/1/1 6:17

Resized Image

Huskerland
14729 Posts

....and to you VB and all the rest of yous........
Posted on: 2018/1/1 7:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.