Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 7 JANUARY 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

GOOD MORNING, GURUS---
Posted on: 2018/1/7 13:47

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

CLOUDY, BREEZY, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, THE WEATHER BOFFINS PROMISE RAIN TODAY. THE CHEROKEES ARE OK WITH THAT.

IT'S LOOKING LIKE A TWO NAP DAY FO' SHO'.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 13:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

94BlueToy Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Good morning. It's 27º here this morning and it is suppose to get to about 40º this afternoon. It was 41º yesterday. We are having a January thaw and I feel so bad for the poor snow flakes in the east.

I've been keeping busy lately making Diamond willow canes and walking sticks. It has been a lot of fun out working in my wood shop. It's heated, so I am not freezing. I have been getting my Diamond willow stock from a supplier in Norfolk, NB. He has been good guy to deal with. There is suppose to be some here in ND, but not around here. It is way too dry.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 14:59

Ultraman Re: 7 JANUARY 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Hey Don thanks for sending some of that warmth down here....... post some pics of those cane's and walking sticks........ I'm getting older you know....... like to see how you make them....

Yeah baby 40 degrees here today.......thinking of getting the lawn chairs out........ hope the snow melts......

Not much else going on........enjoy your day Guru's......
Posted on: 2018/1/7 15:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 7 JANUARY 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....really cloudy and windy, but seasonably warm this morning, 42 @ 10am. Mid 50s as highs today. Would be nice if we could get some rain.

Yea, I'd like to see pictures of those canes. Marcus could really use one of those things, he's getting older you know.

Posted on: 2018/1/7 16:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! After a pretty-darned-good sleep-in performance and a little coffee, I have noticed that it is about 30 degrees warmer than it was yesterday at this time. Still not gonna spend much time out there, but it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/1/7 16:47

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Here are a couple of quick shots.

Attach file:

jpg  DW10.jpg (838.22 KB)
14941_5a52501f727bd.jpg 1944X2592 px

jpg  DW11.jpg (723.87 KB)
14941_5a5250450983d.jpg 1944X2592 px
Posted on: 2018/1/7 16:52

Matatk Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I'm back in action. Sorry for the absence. If you recall earlier I had mentioned we were planning a trip to Minnesota with the kids. That did materialize and we drove up Tuesday morning. Got our hotel and recuperated a bit from the 6 hour drive. Took the kids in the pool so they were happy. Wednesday was mall-time and we went to the amusement park for the entire day. Great time to be there, it was dead. We also hit the indoor/underground aquarium. There is a huge plexiglass tunnel that you walk through and the sharks and fish swim right over your head. I recommend it if you go there. Thursday we hit the mall for a little bit and then headed out. Stopped in Wisc Dells on the way home to eat at a restaurant we like and stopped at the meat market there that has amazing stuff. Then it was a few more hours home.

Friday I started tearing the master bedroom apart to prep for paint. I got the primer cut in and then rolled the walls with primer in the evening.

Saturday I took BIL to the dealer where I bought my Accord. His 05 F150 finally took a dump and he was in desperate need for a new one. As luck (fate?) would have it, my buddy the manager had a used 2017 4x4 crew cab with the 3.5 ecoboost coming to the lot that morning. So we looked and it and he bought it. That was still about a 3 1/2 hour process without even having to haggle about the price. Came home and had some other tasks to do. Finally got the color coat edges cut in and it was time for bed.

Fast forward to today and I was up and doing chores around the house. Got the first color coat rolled on the walls. Looks good. I will do a second coat later. We were changing from a vibrant red to a more subtle gray. Wife is happy so that's all that matters.

Caught up on the past week of chats. Seems like everyone is doing well. Cold, but well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2018/1/7 17:30

TommyT-Bone Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I'm back.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-3112 ... chevrolet-corvette-coupe/

$13,750

Gibity gibity 12,000 Hey gigibity gigada 13,000

Sold $13,750
Posted on: 2018/1/7 18:05
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2018/1/7 21:15:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Posted on: 2018/1/7 18:05

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

94BlueToy wrote:

Those are sweet.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 18:07

pianoguy Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

94BlueToy wrote:

Those are sweet.

+1

Matt, glad you enjoyed your visit to the frozen tundra. I imagine the frigid temps kept the riff-raff out. Hope your credit card didn't take too bad of a beating ;-)

Posted on: 2018/1/7 18:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Matt, glad you enjoyed your visit to the frozen tundra. I imagine the frigid temps kept the riff-raff out. Hope your credit card didn't take too bad of a beating ;-)

The theme park, like all theme parks, is overpriced. A one day wristband is $35.99 or 30.99 if you pre-purchase one online (plus tax, of course). I found some (legit) on eBay and the seller dropped them off at the front desk of the hotel...$58 for four. Same with the aquarium. Tickets are $25 adults and $18 children. Did some google-fu and found a combination of discounts that ended up at all four tickets for around $54 plus tax so $62 all in. That was more budget friendly for my wallet.

Regardless, it was worth it and the kids had fun.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 18:50

vetteblondie Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good afternoon all..
started off a good morning - sort of. Cousin in nursing home called and told me not to come this morning which is good in that I could rest, destress, sleep in, etc, except that they're all sick up there including her. Upper respiratory mess and I'm just getting over mine so I don't need it back thank you. Was still in my jammies making breakfast and bf out starting a heater core job on a Jeep in the shop when the phone rings. Someone has broken into her vacant house again. I drive by there every few days haven't noticed anything. They were going in the back doors through the very narrow alley way. Us and the cops go over there look around, they've made themselves a bed and been staying there,. Bed was made up all nice with a handmade quilt they found and some pillows, looked like they tried to take care actually. Made me think a girl might've had something to do with it. Almost made you feel sorry for them since it's cold here except you find tobacco around. If you can afford that you can afford to pay rent somwhere and not break in.
Reboarded things and got a report made and came back home. Day ruined. I can't win. Now it's starting to rain.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 19:31

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 7 JANUARY 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

those are cool Don.......how much for a cane?
Posted on: 2018/1/7 19:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Marcus, I haven't sold any. I've given them to friends around town. I purchased the raw wood from Diamondwillows on ebay and the cost has been anywhere from $15 to $30 shipped for canes. The walking sticks vary because of size and are anywhere from $25 to $100. You should be able to find plenty of DWs in Nebraska. Like I said before mine come from Norfolk.

They are easy to make. I remove the bark with a drawknife. Then I carve out the diamonds with a carving knife and a dremel tool with a round burr. Then I sand down the general outside with a oscillating spindle sander. Then I smooth up the rest of the drawknife marks and the diamonds with 150 and 220 grit sandpaper. Finally I apply 4 coats of clear gloss Varathane.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 20:25

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I had a friend make me a cane several years ago....I'm thinking the one he made me was made from catalpa. He carved and wood burned the handle and the shaft in a woodworking theme. I'll try to get a picture of it posted. It means a lot to me as he passed away about 6 months after he made it for me.

Neighbor called me to help her with her phone and computer, so I spent an hour and a half doing that...I always tell her she doesn't owe me anything, but today she gave me a 50.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 20:38

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

All the way up to 56 right now, but feels cool with the wind howling.
Posted on: 2018/1/7 20:40

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 7 JANUARY 18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Those canes are cool! You find all sorts of that stuff around here in the Ozark shops the locals make. Sounds like a lot of work for no more than you're charging tho.
Posted on: 2018/1/8 0:52

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

[quote]
94BlueToy wrote:
Marcus, I haven't sold any. I've given them to friends around town. I purchased the raw wood from Diamondwillows on ebay and the cost has been anywhere from $15 to $30 shipped for canes. The walking sticks vary because of size and are anywhere from $25 to $100. You should be able to find plenty of DWs in Nebraska. Like I said before mine come from Norfolk.
[quote]

I might need to clarify my posting. I haven't sold any and at this time have no intensions to do so. The prices I stated above are what the raw wood cost shipped to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Don
Posted on: 2018/1/8 15:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.