Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pappyfreebird stuff
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

short throw shifter ..new ,,put in took out sold vette ,,he sez 60 bucks?
also has diablo tuner 300 fer both..nephew so he good n returned vette to stock tune ..had it on 05 z51 same as mine ..short throw? tune? really werth it?
Posted on: 2018/5/18 1:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: stuff
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

I've never driven a C6 so TB, Marcus, or Andy will have to comment on the short throw shifter.

As far as a tune, only you can decide if it's worth it. Does the car do everything you want as it is?
Posted on: 2018/5/18 14:29

pappyfreebird Re: stuff
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

yea mata cars fine to me as is way faster way mo power then i kin use n keep drivers lic n stay living..plus mo yrs i gain in life mo i think stock resales better then all built as then hafat decide if builder knwe wud he was doin n how beat it got doin it...ive heard short throws r shorter mo notchy..yet i came from 84 dougnash to 97 c5 6spd n now this 05 z51 n think the z51 is a blast with shorter 1-3 n way nicer shifts then 97 6spd n that ony had 43k same now as this 05 tuner might be better used on my yukon fer gas,,shes a hog,,he jus offered em both fer 200...i werk on lotsa his chit so that purty good price..but i dont feel crazy urge i gues why i r askin ..maybe someone will say hey gains 50 hps etc wahahaha
Posted on: 2018/5/18 14:43

Ultraman Re: stuff
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

...so catch me up.....you got a newer C6 and sold the C5 right? Is it a MGW shifter? That is what I run. I did have another short throw in there but changed it out for the MGW. I am happy with it. I went with the old school flat stick shifter and the big white ball on it. Looks good shifts good....

Tee Bee may be the one to ask on the canned tunes.....he has had them and liked them. Do not think he has changed his C6 from stock though. He had an East Coast tune on his C5.

I have long tube headers on my LS3 with Corsa intake and a custom tune on my Grand Sport. It was good for around 40 hp at the crank. 400 hp and 400 tq at the rear wheels...... enough for this old man......
Posted on: 2018/5/18 15:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: stuff
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

I bought the same short throw shifter that Huskerman took out. I like the short throw, very notchy and quick. I did have a "Canned tune" from East coast Supercharging in my C5. It was automatic and the tune made it shift better and was more responsive to throttle input. Not sure whether or not it really made a lot of difference in performance or economy.

I had a hand-held tuner for my 99 Silverado, I think it made it run a bit better.

I'm still on stock tune on 007. Like you, I'm thinking stock is OK. Just got a 15 silverado....decided not to change anything.....just drive it.
Posted on: 2018/5/19 2:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

thanks bruthas ..i cant think of name of this shifter nawt a big name er spendy one thou , has white round hurst knob..sez way shorter n notchy..was like 160-200 new ..ony had in his few few daze aa traded it n took it out ,,tolt me 100 then 60..fer 60 ill hang it on wall..as fer diaoblo he said gave better gas on his tohoe ,,i have yukon..as fer on vette i cant see any gains since 6spd,,maybe auto with shift changes as you say teebee n yea im happy how she is fer now still purty new to me n z51 c6 over 97 c5 shiftin is way cooler as is,,n ulra bro thats where id head if lookin to improve ,,id go headers n then try some intake er tbody changes..fer now jus gimme my two daze of summer ..changed oil on 4 ol hogs so im ready ,,rebuilt a tranny drive axle in ol garden tractor so evin have n ol rider agian,,help me git phatter wahahahaha
Posted on: 2018/5/20 17:17

bogus Re: stuff
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

I have been debating the MGW shifter. The C6 shifter is much nicer than the C5 (the C4 kills them both, but that's the upside of having the shifter right on the trans and not 3' away!), but I still find myself missing a gear and sometimes, it is hard to get into reverse.

Posted on: 2018/5/20 17:46

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

mines great n im lovin it no issues no misses..he wants 100 bucks fer this one n its a core -hurst shift ss white knob,,its a cheaper cost one..most say noisy n harder feeling but shorter..yet add states same hieght , so short is in how made in lower end to shortin throw id imagine
https://core-shifters.com/collections/ ... -2013-corvette-c6-6-speed
Posted on: 2018/5/21 14:35

teebee Re: stuff
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

That's what mine is....Core. I didn't go for the white knob though, I kept the stock shifter knob. It was an easy install.
Posted on: 2018/5/22 12:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

thanks teebee ive spent mo fer less so maybe i give the kid 60 bucks n if you like it maybe i will flip it in n see wud i think if no like as said easy nuff to change back..im jus still new to me happy wid mine,,chit i jus got it out a week agaon n ony drove it couple times ,,oh n yea got yelled at by momma jus last night as saw nephew so stomped n burnt out n hit second n momma was screamin im a fuggin idiot wahahahaha n ill be payun fer her message to fix her neck ..whiplash,,,yea baby they gots balls in these here cars wahahahaaa
ps n i really wanst on it that hard as i really dont beat on chit..nephew on other hand showed me jus how voilent these cars kin be if yer sittin over right with no wheel to hang onto crazeee fuggar wes lucky up here that he solt it ..oh yea now hes got n srt jeep 500 hp er some bs
Posted on: 2018/5/28 0:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.