Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
235 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Friday Chat 05.18.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

I had an 86 Olds 88 that I parked outside my front fence under a tree. Unknown to me a rat had started stockpiling palm seeds between the hood insulation and the hood. I brought the car into a quickie oil change place for a fast oil change. The mechanic lifted the hood a buckets of palm seeds rolled down into the pit and all over the floor. He just looked at me an said "Rat". I told him let me go clean it up and I'll bring it back. Can't believe how many palm seeds the rat had stored. lol
Posted on: 2018/5/18 12:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL MORNING IN THE NATIONS, COOL, CALM, SUNNY. THE CHEROKEES THINK IT'S GREAT WHILE IT LASTS.

GOT THE COW PEN WEED-EATED WITHOUT ILL EFFECTS, AND PRICED SEATCOVER REPLACEMENT FOR THE '87. A LITTLE HIGH, I THOUGHT.

NO RATS IN MY CARS. I PRACTICE TOTAL WAR ON RODENTS: ON THE OUTSIDE BARNCATS AND BLACKSNAKES, IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT MOTHBALLS, IN THE COCKPIT DECON AND GLUE TRAPS.
SEEMS TO WORK WELL, EXCEPT WHEN I NEGLECT TO REMOVE THE MOTHBALLS BEFORE I DRIVE THE CAR :-0
Posted on: 2018/5/18 13:13

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...I worked my arse off yesterday getting the framework rebuilt. About a third of the joists had some rot, so replaced them. reinforced spliced areas and the beam, then added blocking at mid-span to stiffen up the framework as the composite decking isn't structural like the 2 x 5 redwood was. Then in the afternoon went out and borrowed a trailer to load all the removed decking and hauled it to the dump. In the morning all three GSs were here to help, but the middle one had plans in the afternoon, so the other two came back to finish thing s up with me. Now it is a waiting game until the new decking comes in.

It's a gorgeous day here, seasonably cool, sunny and no wind....yet. I have a couple little projects to do in the shop to keep me busy for the next couple of days while I wait, so no sitting around for me.

No rats or mice here....knock on wood.

Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2018/5/18 14:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Luckily I haven't had rodent problems with my cars.

Speaking of cars, drove the Vette last night to take RR#1 out for her birthday dinner. 10 years old already. If you guys remember me posting pictures when she was born then you are some old SOBs!

Backyard has been overrun with May beetles / June bugs. The dog has determined that they are a crunchy treat. Unfortunately the wings/body seem to irritate his stomach and he pukes them up on the floor in the house. Great. So we have to supervise him outside.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/5/18 14:33

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Crazy dogs......just when you think you might save on some dog treats by feeding them June bugs, they have to puke all over Mama's floor...... dog treats are not cheap.....

Kinda taking a slow day today.....been out early and getting home real late. hopefully we will be slowing down now that planting is getting over...... very drawn out this year due to the crazy cold spring.

Have a very nice day everyone........
Posted on: 2018/5/18 15:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

CorvetteBob Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Cruising’ thru a Friday here.
Had a rodent problem about 3 years ago. Car wouldn’t start and couldn’t find any issues. It was January so I farmed it out. Took them almost a day to find that a squirrel had made a home under the battery of my Impala.
He then ate about 7” and$600 of wiring harness.
Cayenne pepper works well also.
Have a good one.
Posted on: 2018/5/18 15:40

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
If you guys remember me posting pictures when she was born then you are some old SOBs!

I think I was working for a paycheck then. This Dec. 31st I'll be retired from my paying job for 10 years already. Wow. Tempus fuck it.

Just thinking, Matt. As a father the next ten years with a daughter should get very interesting.
Posted on: 2018/5/18 17:05

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Started the day with a dental appointment (just a cleaning), then got sucked in to meetings as soon as I returned. Ducky. Oh well, it is nice and sunny, hope I'll get to enjoy some of it later.

Wow, time flies, Matt! Birthday dinner out in the Vette will make a great memory for her.

Nice grocery-getter:

http://autoweek.com/article/indy-500/ ... tte-zr1-indy-500-pace-car

Have a good remainder of your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/5/18 17:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Sometimes it's a dog eat ... people world ...

http://www.newser.com/story/257673/sh ... ended-up-killing-her.html
Posted on: 2018/5/18 18:32

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

A MEAN DOG IS LIKE A HAND GRENADE WITH A LOOSE PIN. BAD RESULTS ARE INEVITABLE. BAD DOGS SHOULD BE SHOT; THE OWNERS SHOULD HAVE THEIR ASS KICKED TILL THEIR NOSE BLEEDS.

Posted on: 2018/5/19 0:40

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Solid oak chair repaired today. Had to turn rails and stretcher for it and repair a bad leg. Got a commission to turn a pair of candlestick holders, so worked on prepping those as well. A little more work on the deck framing too.....Rosie has decided I need to block in the open areas to keep the animals out from under there. Luckily it's not to high off the ground. Try to finish both of those projects tomorrow.

Posted on: 2018/5/19 1:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 05.18.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

I read on the internet that a pack of Dachshunds actually killed a lady.......there were 7 of them......What they bit her ankles enough she bled out? I don't get how that is even possible....... the LEO's shot the leader and had the rest put down...... I am not making this up....... how could a pack of weaner dogs go that wrong...?

May you live in interesting times.........
Posted on: 2018/5/19 3:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.