Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
247 user(s) are online (186 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So Baca the Beetle Dog took a trip to the vet yesterday. Wife was concerned about the excessive vomiting. Probably a good thing she took him in, four times at home and six more times at the vet's office. They did x-rays and didn't find any problems so gave him IV fluids and anti-nauseau medication. Total bill was about $280 but with our monthly package brought the price down to $198. Damn that's still a big chunk of change. A real racket, right Gris

I also read about the woman who was mauled to death. More to that story, but the media likes to sensationalize half truths and omitted details.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/5/19 5:26

GRIS Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

IT’S A BEAUTIFUL MORNING IN THE NATIONS AND THE MEDIA IS HARD AT WORK GIVING ANOTHER NUT-CASE MASS MURDERER WHAT HE WANTS MOST: FAME AND NOTORIETY.

HEADED OUT TO TULSA, WILL MEET #3 GRANDSON & GIRLFRIEND AT A GUNSHOW.

"You can’t pass a park without seeing a statue of some old codger on a horse. It must be his bravery, you can tell it’s not to his horsemanship.” WILL ROGERS
Posted on: 2018/5/19 12:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Morning guys...It has been a glorious evening, night and early morning, we've had more than 2 1/2" of rain....PRAISE THE LORD! It's till no drought buster, but MUCH needed moisture. Some of it came down pretty hard and fast....and there was a confirmed tornado on the ground in the northwest part of the county (about 20 miles northeast of us). No sirens here as it was moving north east. Raining again as I type...it could do it all day as far as I am concerned.

I won't be working on the deck today, muddy, but if it stops, tomorrow I'll be able to...yea, we're THAT dry. I think we will make the weekly trek to the 'city' for groceries instead.

I hope everyone here has a great Saturday.
Posted on: 2018/5/19 14:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Two of the most contentious issues of all time have got to be gun control and abortion. Why do I bring this up? ..... I don't know ...........
Posted on: 2018/5/19 14:35

TommyT-Bone Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Matt, how much is monthly pet insurance. With my large stable I'm quite sure it's not an option for me. Some of my biggest pet vet bills have come in a little under two grand. They tug at my heart strings and we don't put them down till we must. Snoopy is scheduled for neutering next Thursday. He's a hot dog with big nuts that has a hard time sitting down, lol
Posted on: 2018/5/19 14:41

Matatk Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Tommy, we don't have the pet insurance. Our office has a monthly plan for puppies. It's $43 a month that autodeducts. Covers all office visits (unlimited), standard shots, neutering, and a 10% discount on all services or medications. When compared to paying ala carte you save 30% a year. After the first year (no longer a puppy) the price drops to about $35 a month.
Posted on: 2018/5/19 14:54

pianoguy Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Mrs. Pianoguy informed me at 10AM that it was time to awake from my coma. Supposed to be cloudy and cool, so ideal for yard work. Can't wait to get started. Meanwhile, today marks 2 months with no cable TV or land line. I don't miss either one.

Mojo for your pooch, Matt!

Have fun, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/5/19 15:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Glad you got a good rain Tee..... we have had some moisture here also and is ongoing. Yesterday I went into Speedway Motors in Lincoln to get some stuff and it was raining and I drove the GS because I have been assured it would not melt and it didn't..... Love that Speedway..... great place to hang out..... all kinds of folks there from all kinds of motor sports ..... young old or in-between like me......

A big shout out to Fox TV for bringing back on of my favorite shows, Last Man Standing with Tim Allen...... After being dumped by ABC for the shows conservative stance, while being their second most watched show..... Fox has brought it all back and Tim Allen will let it rip on the liberals in the new takeoff....... Can not wait....... sometime late summer or fall......

Have a fun filled day Guru's.....

https://youtu.be/y-kY-mJuTUo
Posted on: 2018/5/19 16:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Tommy, we don't have the pet insurance. Our office has a monthly plan for puppies. It's $43 a month that autodeducts. Covers all office visits (unlimited), standard shots, neutering, and a 10% discount on all services or medications. When compared to paying ala carte you save 30% a year. After the first year (no longer a puppy) the price drops to about $35 a month.

THE WAY TO SAVE MONEY ON VET BILLS IS TO DRIVE OUT IN THE COUNTRY. RURAL VETS WILL CHARGE YOU WAY LESS FOR DOGGY DOCTORING.

PRETTY NICE SHOW, SAW A COUPLE OF THINGS I LIKED, TRIED TO BUY ONE, COULDN'T GET THE PRICE I WANTED AND THE OTHER TURNED OUT TO NOT BE WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS. SO I WAS OUT NOTHING BUT ADMISSION FOR ME AND THE KIDS, THE GUNSHOW CASH STASH REMAINS INTACT.

UNUSUAL
Posted on: 2018/5/19 17:29

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Daily Chat Saturday 05.19.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Well, didn't get much done today. Rosie decided we needed to do the "city' run. #2 and #2GS went along with us. So that extended the run about twice as long as it needed to be. I did find some stuff to help finish off the deck when the time comes and I did pick up a couple boards to finish blocking in the bottom against the animals that seem to like to live under there.

Once we got home I did finish that blocking in before I needed to get ready for church. After church, I made a recipe of Mac and cheese that I had seen and thought, "Dang, that looks and sounds good." I was right, and Rosie agreed....I like making some items. A couple of Blue Moons along with the M&C...very good supper! My Royals are certainly struggling, played well last night, but tonight they had their arses handed to them. OH Well.
Posted on: 2018/5/20 3:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.