Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 2018-22-5
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2018/5/22 12:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: 2018-22-5
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I decided to work from home today, so maybe I'll take the Vette for a spin at lunchtime, since it is supposed to be 80 and at least partly sunny. Meanwhile, I will mark time until golf league.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/5/22 12:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: 2018-22-5
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Big day here. The last of the hail damage from last year is getting fixed today.....Aluminum fascia wrap, wrap around windows and doors and seamless guttering on the west side of house and shop. While that is happening, I'll run to the 'city' and pick up my decking materials from Menards as I got notice that it came in as well. So I'll start on installing that this afternoon.

It's a pretty start to the day. Cool, sunny and no wind yet. That is supposed to change by end of the day. Rain possible and the wind is supposed to pick up a bit. The wind is a SURE thing, they never miss that. But the rain...I'm not holding my breath that we will get any.

I'll check back later to see how you guys are doing/did throughout the day. Have a great one!
Posted on: 2018/5/22 12:31

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 2018-22-5
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

...all sun and fun here in the breadbasket.....except I gotta work.....when I really just want to DNBFS...... I miss ole BillH........ he always had something interesting going on.... still kinda shocked about his passing......

Onward and upward Guru's....... keep your powder dry........
Posted on: 2018/5/22 13:14

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 2018-22-5
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Staying in the doghouse. Sue often doesn't listen to me when it comes to construction ideas and often does whatever the hell she wants to accomplish her objectives often with imposed unrealistic deadlines. A real PITA. The walls and ceilings are not ready for painting. They need more sanding . She has our tile guy coming in Friday to install the floors, shower stall, sinks and toilet this weekend. I told her the walls and ceiling would not be painted by then and she would have to cover the floors. She's going to be lucky the place is fully sanded and prepped for paint by then. It's not even my job to do this shit. She's a little overwhelmed with the project. The guys she hired aren't doing things her way which is causing issues. She hired friends. Then I get accused of kissing their ass when I defend something the workers did that make s more sense or that we will just have to work around and move on. I'm working for vulcan free here doing what I can to get the vulcan job finished so I can move on to my routine $#!+. Never ending thing with Sue. It's nothing new and no matter how much I try to steer around stuff I still get caught up in the whirlpool. That being said, I'll be glad when this gosh darn thing is finished.
Posted on: 2018/5/22 13:25

GRIS Re: 2018-22-5
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

COOL, CALM, AND SUNNY HERE IN THE NATIONS, ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL MORNING.

GOT ALL MY ERRANDS RUN YESTERDAY PLUS MOWED THE OBSTACLE COURSE, ONLY HAD TIME FOR A NAPUS MINIMUS :-)

WENT TO A GET-TOGETHER OVER AT MUSKOGEE, HARVEY WAS A BIG HIT. GOT HOME AND WERE CHANGING CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT. WE SAT OUT ON THE FRONT PORCH AND WATCHED THE NEIGHBORS PASTURE ORNAMENTS (AKA HORSES) FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES TILL THE LIGHTS CAME BACK ON. THE JOYS OF COUNTRY LIVING---

THERE'S A "COLORED BIRD SHOOT" AT THE GUN CLUB THIS EVENING I MAY GO TO, OR NOT AS THE SPIRIT OF THE MOMENT DIRECTS.

A JOYOUS DAY TO YOU, GURUS.
Posted on: 2018/5/22 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: 2018-22-5
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

A little warmer today than yesterday. We had an eerie fog last night that blanketed the entire area. That seems to have lifted, though.

Tommy, good luck with the projects. Hope it works out in time. Next time you might have to hire TB

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/5/22 16:36

GRIS Re: 2018-22-5
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

---LEFT OFF THE MOST EXCITING EVENT OF YESTERDAY; AFTER THE LIGHTS CAME BACK ON AND I SETTLED DOWN TO WADE THROUGH SOME MORE FLAVUS JOSEPHUS THERE CAME A SCREAM AND GREAT COMMOTION FROM THE BACK OF THE HOUSE. BRAVECAT HAD BROUGHT A DEAD RABBIT INTO THE SUN ROOM. DARLING WIFE WAS NOT AMUSED. I THREW THE DEAD RABBIT OUT OF THE HOUSE. DW THREW THE CAT OUT OF THE HOUSE. I WAS GLAD IT WAS DEAD, LIVE ONES ARE HARD TO CATCH. SHE BROUGHT IN A LIVE FLYING SQUIRREL ONCE AND A LIVE BIRD I LIKE TO NEVER GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE. BROKE SEVERAL OF DW'S DO-DADS AND FUFAWS CHASING IT.
Posted on: 2018/5/22 19:33

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 2018-22-5
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

---LEFT OFF THE MOST EXCITING EVENT OF YESTERDAY; AFTER THE LIGHTS CAME BACK ON AND I SETTLED DOWN TO WADE THROUGH SOME MORE FLAVUS JOSEPHUS THERE CAME A SCREAM AND GREAT COMMOTION FROM THE BACK OF THE HOUSE. BRAVECAT HAD BROUGHT A DEAD RABBIT INTO THE SUN ROOM. DARLING WIFE WAS NOT AMUSED. I THREW THE DEAD RABBIT OUT OF THE HOUSE. DW THREW THE CAT OUT OF THE HOUSE. I WAS GLAD IT WAS DEAD, LIVE ONES ARE HARD TO CATCH. SHE BROUGHT IN A LIVE FLYING SQUIRREL ONCE AND A LIVE BIRD I LIKE TO NEVER GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE. BROKE SEVERAL OF DW'S DO-DADS AND FUFAWS CHASING IT.

LOL
Posted on: 2018/5/23 0:11

teebee Re: 2018-22-5
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Well, at 9am the guys showed up to do the guttering and fascia. After I got them going I left to pick up the decking in the 'city'. I got over there and they checked the numbers and said, "Yes, everything is in." So I do the dance and bring the pickup around to pick it up. The guy immediately picked up several boxes but couldn't find the decking material. They freaking looked for an hour, only to be told that the truck didn't have the material on it.......anyway, I'm pissed, because I've made a special trip pulling a trailer to pick up material that isn't there, despite the fact that the email said it was.....their computer says it was....but it isn't. "What can we do to help this situation?" Well, I guess I could take at least some of the decking you have on hand.....so after an extended period of time we finally get 32 of the 37 pieces.

To make a long story a bit shorter, I got home and by 7:30 I have about 1/2 for the decking (that I have) installed. The gutter guys have most of the work they had to do done, they come back tomorrow (maybe) to finish up and I will attempt to put the rest of the decking...that I have....on tomorrow.
Posted on: 2018/5/23 4:24

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.