Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
307 user(s) are online (294 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Driver Information Center
Also known as the DIC.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It's above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-1996.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone June Tree
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good moanin.
Posted on: 2018/6/3 13:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: June Tree
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

BEAUTIFUL MORNING IN THE NATIONS, SUNNY, COOL, AND CALM. THE CHEROKEES ARE PARTIAL TO COOL MORNINGS :-)

Posted on: 2018/6/3 13:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: June Tree
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Interesting how past experiences creep into your consciousness. I was thinking back to when I was a boy how I was mesmerized by all the different wrecks in the local junkyards. If there was a car wreck nearby I would walk to it to view the carnage. Then and now I try to analyze what someone had to do to cause the damage. Back then the worst I saw in the junk yard was what was left of a 67 T-Bird that had slammed into a tree at a high rate of speed with 7 teenage souls on board. Blood spatter and hair were still present in the passenger compartment. Went a few blocks over from my house on a rainy morning to see the wreck of a local teen aged boy that had lost control on wet roads and slammed into a tree. He was one of the cool car guys. It rained all that day and I thought that the angels must be crying. I even went to inspect my dads wrecked 63 T-Bird convertible at a different local junkyard. Another tree incident. He didn't die in the wreck. He ate the steering wheel knocking out his teeth and crushed his rib cage. He spent a month or so in the hospital recovering. That was caused by drinking and driving. Wasn't enough to stop his drinking. Booze killed him a short time later. In a non fatality wreck, my friend Pat spun out in his 67 GTO. He decided to put on a set of side pipes instead of putting on a new set of tires. His backs were pretty bad from doing a number of burnouts. A telephone pole ended up in the middle of his trunk. They had to cut the pole and lift the car off it, then you guessed it, brought it to the junkyard. I still remember the perfect circle surrounded by all the twisted metal. A work of art really. Pat was knocked senseless from the impact and for several days lost his short term memory. His repeat questions were "Where am I? What happened? Where's the car? ...... Where am I? What happened? Where's the car?"

What day is it again? Oh ya, June Tree .............
Posted on: 2018/6/3 13:38

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

SOUNDS LIKE THERE WERE LOTS OF MALICIOUS TREES AND PHONE POLLS WHERE YOU GREW UP TOMMY. IN MY YOUTH IT WAS MOSTLY ROLL-OVERS.

THE HOUSE IS FULL OF BOYS TODAY, ALL OVER SIX FOOT HIGH. TWO STRING BEANS AND ONE HUSKY. NOISY AROUND HERE :-0
Posted on: 2018/6/3 13:56

vetteblondie Re: June Tree
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

That sounds like where I grew up too. Long srtraight country roads full of black marks lined with beer cans. Some clipped phone poles and cars landing in cotton fields or ditches. I personally yanked the exhaust off moms Montego on a rickety wooden bridge going too fast.
Posted on: 2018/6/3 14:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: June Tree
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Looks like no rain today, so I'll likely wind up standing in front of the BBQ later. And the next couple of days look promising as well - the Vette hasn't seen the light of day for over a week, so it's time.

Funny, Tommy - when I was a kid, we used to always go to the junkyard to see the wrecks, too. Not sure why we always found them so fascinating, but we did.

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/6/3 15:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

KPotter Re: June Tree
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

I had an interesting visitor at the track last night. I felt something hit my arm and expected it to be a mud clod. Looked down and saw this guy. It was somewhere between 2 and 3 inches long. No idea what it is.

Attach file:

jpg  34398668_10216918252251352_2382765942204530688_n.jpg (47.74 KB)
1695_5b141463d0062.jpg 539X960 px
Posted on: 2018/6/3 16:12

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

KPotter wrote:
I had an interesting visitor at the track last night. I felt something hit my arm and expected it to be a mud clod. Looked down and saw this guy. It was somewhere between 2 and 3 inches long. No idea what it is.

IT'S THE UPPER VOLTAIAN DEATH BEETLE.
BEEN NICE KNOWING YA---
Posted on: 2018/6/3 17:51

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ken, I believe it to be a "giant water bug". Aka
UPPER VOLTAIAN DEATH BEETLE.

https://www.insectidentification.org/i ... ification=Giant-Water-Bug
Posted on: 2018/6/3 18:14

Ultraman Re: June Tree
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

hell you would have to kill that thing with a 4.10 shotgun..... has the invasion started?

tired today after making 5 runs at the Big Blue Mile..... ran 135 mph in the half mile.....had a head wind..... did 138 last year and 132 the year before.... tons of boosted cars......like almost every one of them......guess I may have to consider the options..... how about a 6-71 blower sticking out of the hood to make an impression...... love those old school blowers.....

A guy showed up in his brand new ZR1 Corvette......which was a thing of beauty...... then he went out and could not make it to 150 in the half mile....he was puzzled since Z06's were clipping off low 150's all day long.....and for a lot less bucks....... he only made 3 runs and then went back home....... arr arr arr........

the 2006 Ford GT 40 showed up again and hit consecutive 202's on 5 runs for top speed of the day and other prizes...... hell all it takes is money to win trophy's right...... wind was blowing from the north at 25 mph so that is why it slowed us down......

Lots of fun.... the 1320 vid guys were there with a twin turbinski C5 that ran like a jet car....... the first run in the half mile was at 140.... I thought big deal........then a bunch of their car nerds swarmed over the car with about 3 lap tops plugged in..... next run they went 157 and again the lap tops came out between runs as they were all yakking about this and that which sounded like a different language to me......... next run they hit 179 and the next like 180.......no lap tops after that....... I asked them to bring those lap tops over to my car and see if they could get it to run 180........ they just shook their heads.......no was all they said..........

I think the guy with the new ZR1 was wanting them to plug into his car also...

lots of fun......I used the Launch control set up in my GS and it worked well, take it up to 4000 rpm and dump the clutch and straight as an arrow the car launches as the computer controls the wheel spin......made me look like a steely eyed drag race man it did.......
Posted on: 2018/6/3 20:10

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: June Tree
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

I remember going to the junk yards also to look at wrecked cars.....I saw a 58 Corvette that had center punched a chevy impala and killed everyone....including the woman and her unborn baby that was driving the Impala...... the Corvette had been street racing when they hit the Impala who pulled out in front of them........ not much for safety items on cars in those days....... the cars were a mess and blood everywhere........ scared me, and I never did much in town street racing......always took it to the country after I got older........ it was a big deal in our small village back then......
Posted on: 2018/6/3 20:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I did one crazy run through the center of town topping out over 90 mph. How I or no one else was killed is a miracle? I thought I was using The Force long before Star Wars came out. Every time I go down that stretch of road (still looks pretty much the same today) I think to myself how stupid that was. I was chasing a friend of mine that was trying to get away from me. Looked like a scene out of Bullitt. 68 GTO chased by 66 T-Bird.

Posted on: 2018/6/3 20:56

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Or this one ........

Posted on: 2018/6/3 21:04

pianoguy Re: June Tree
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sounds like a fun day despite your disappointment, Marcus! Maybe the ZR1 guy had the parking brake on ;-)

I saw a nice white C7 today, and was thinking it would've made a dandy-looking Firebird Trans-Am.
Posted on: 2018/6/3 22:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: June Tree
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Hey guys, I spent the night at #1s house last night and missed the 11 year old girls......darn. Came back this morning and started painting. Ceiling first then the walls. Hung the lights then we headed to Lowe’s and bought an organizer and bamboo flooring. Came home and touched up the walls then I cut the underlayment and started putting the flooring down. It went in pretty good and by 8:30 tonight I had it done. Tomorrow I’ll install baseboard and get the organizer assembled and installed.....with a bit of luck, I could finish the project up....if not tomorrow, then Tuesday for sure.

Must be something for our generation, as I did the same thing....go see the wrecks in the junkyard.

Pretty day here, low 80s for high, not much breeze either. Not sure what this week is supposed to be like. Doesn’t matter, really, we have to take what the big guy sends us.

Hope everyone had great day.
Posted on: 2018/6/4 3:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: June Tree
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Had a busy day at my cousin's house doing outdoor work building a gazebo. Got it all buttoned up and it turned out nice.

Sounds like everyone else had a nice weekend. I've seen a lot of wrecks, too. Difference is now technology has saved a lot more lives than the cars of yesterday.

Posted on: 2018/6/4 4:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.