Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z15
A Collector Edition, RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS MIDDLE OF JUNE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

15TH ALREADY---
Posted on: 2018/6/15 12:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

ANOTHER STICKY MORNING IN THE NATIONS, 77/84. BUMMER!
GOT THE EASY HALF OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE MOWED YESTERDAY EVENING, NOW FOR THE TOUGH PART.

SEEMS I HAVE ANOTHER COON PROBLEM, I'LL HAVE TO SET THE TRAP AGAIN.

NOTHING PRESSING ON THE AGENDA OTHER THAN RESUPPLY OF COFFEE, A VERY VITAL SUBSTANCE.
Posted on: 2018/6/15 12:58

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Coffee is essential for life I have deduced..... hot hot hot outside.....but I am not complaining.....just stating the facts.

Will wait to mow this evening when the wind dies down..... today I will hang out in the office and takes various naps....at my discretion......Uwoman gets back tomorrow so I will have all things ship shape and in Bristol fashion.....so as to pass inspection....

I'm sure my sweet has had plenty of time to contemplate a long list of things that must get done yet this summer.....I need to rest now just thinking about it.....

have an interesting day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2018/6/15 15:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Working from home again, busy, busy, busy. I am hoping to wind things down in time for the weekend. We shall see.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/6/15 15:32

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Wanted to get up and head to Petit Jean for the car swap thing, slept too late. Not too late to go, but too late to want to go,. Tomorrow is when the car shows are anyway and bf wants to stop near Little Rock and visit his father's grave so we'll just do both tomorrow. It's stupid hot outside, and strange I don't even want to go get in the pool. Need to go pay the water bill though. Of course when I get in the mood to, they're closed for lunch. I just don't want to move. Weather and heat I guess. Happy Friday ya'll.
Posted on: 2018/6/15 17:01

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good afternoon, all.

Bill, I'll agree that June is flying by—I am nowhere near halfway done on the things I hope to complete this month.

Posted on: 2018/6/15 17:16

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

TommyT-Bone Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'd afternoon. I've been painting the back of the shed getting it ready for the arrival of the back porch next week. 20 x 8 mounting right up to the back of the double wide super shed. Finishing up on the interior and going through some of the punch list. A punch list is the little things that must be fixed to bring it up to an acceptable condition. I call the different people we hired to do some work a Band of Gypsies. The floor and bathroom guy was great. The guy that did a lot of the work represented himself as a craftsman. He did the work but needed a lot of after attention. He did the A/C great, his specialty, and the plumbing for the most part is good but he's no plumber. He did the sheet rock. Holy Moly was a terrible finish. Has to bring in a plaster guy to put a coating on the ceiling. That guy also did the trim and put the framing in around the doors. I'm going behind him now cleaning up his $#!+. If it were a house I would finish it even better but it an nursery office so some of the fine finish items are not as important. Mainly the walls. The joints suck big time. Terrible mud job. Pictures to come soon. For a plant nursery office it is really, really nice. Later .....

I think the reason I think they call it a punch list is you want to punch the mother f@(%ers for doing such shoddy work.
Posted on: 2018/6/15 19:18

teebee Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

hey guys....got up and headed to the parts store to get some Dex-Cool. finished loading the GSs' CTS reset the CEL and drove it around for a while...it stayed in the normal temp range and the CEL didn't come back on. Then went golfing with a couple friends from the 'city' who come over here to play.

It has warmed up...a lot. 99 right now and a ways to go. Got some family coming in later, Rosies' sister, a niece and 5 of her kids to spend the night and they have a swim meet in the town north of us tomorrow morning. so by staying here it saves them about 2 hour drive in the morning. #2 and two of the GSs will be here as well for supper....shou;d be a wild evening.
Posted on: 2018/6/15 19:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Tommy - just don't pay them. They apparently misrepresented themselves in order to get work and easy money. They could be just starting out and trying to build their rep - which would be fine if they were capable to start with. Should'd be on you for their learning curve tho.
Got aggravated at stuff this afternoon that tied up a large part of my day, goofed up my plans so just sat in the pool. Headed to the Petit Jean show tomorow unless something else happens
Posted on: 2018/6/16 2:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: MIDDLE OF JUNE
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Everybody worked for what they got. I just work better. Nobody got paid till they did what they said they were going to do. Sue wanted it done quickly. Me doing it by myself takes too long for her. I take my time and measure everything tight. There were just a number of things that just ended up being a big cluster fudge. My big complaints have to do with the drywall, next, the guy that came in to fix the messed up ceiling. It looks far better than it did. The guy that did the drywall's big mistake is that he doesn't know how to mud joints worth a damn or patch screw holes. By the time all the furnishings are in and stuff hanging on the wall it will be far less noticeable. We have a friend that's an amateur photographer but has a real good eye for snapping photos. She is going to have some of her work framed and we are going to display it for her on some walls and sell them if a customer wants one. Here is some of her work.

Attach file:

jpg  Debbe's Photography 3.jpg (81.00 KB)
852_5b2482f719c31.jpg 960X951 px

jpg  Debbe's Photography.jpg (92.57 KB)
852_5b24833e0c9c2.jpg 960X696 px

jpg  Debbe's sunset.jpg (33.35 KB)
852_5b24835a96cac.jpg 540X960 px
Posted on: 2018/6/16 3:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.