Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
218 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TPI
Tuned Port Injection. A method of fuel injection, used on the early C4 Corvette L98 motor, (1985-1991). ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 6 27 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

How D!
Posted on: 2018/6/27 15:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 6 27 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Yesterday was super busy. Lots accomplished. The shed back porch is in place and secure. Looks great. Got my generators back from the shop yesterday. ($$$) Ready for hurricane season. I can power up if needed. Had a wacky computer issue with staggered power on my DSL. Tech came by today and told me from the box to the house is no issues. History of the line shows no issues. I believe him. He's a Corvette guy. lol. As he told me, "It's hard to fix something that isn't broken." These are the hardest things to find the problem on. He told me though everything up to the house is good, solid, great readings. He even showed me . So, right now it's an Dealt with ATT yesterday for at least an hour on the phone. Directv called me offering me a deal that was hard to refuse to get us back. They didn't want to get off the phone or take no for an answer. I refused it. Told them I had another call, which I did, and hung up. They called back. I didn't answer. It's hard to watch Fire TV or Netflix when your DSL line is fudged up. Made me consider keeping the Directv as a back up. Satellite still works after a hurricane and even during. If the phone lines go down I'm in the dark computer wise. Alright, I have stuff to do. Adios.
Posted on: 2018/6/27 15:55

pianoguy Re: 6 27 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! We made it through golf last night without getting rained on. Afterward, there was a BBQ. About 3:30AM, I began to wonder if they had procured the brats from Jake's Unclaimed Freight. Therefore, I am working from home today.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/6/27 16:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: 6 27 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I am working from home today.

or
Posted on: 2018/6/27 16:48

Ultraman Re: 6 27 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

yeah..... if I eat wild I pay dearly for it.....better stick to my mush..... nuts.......

I have not pulled the plug on Directv but am doing research....since AT&T is in drivers seat I think they will be a lot more competitive...... maybe? I know what you mean about not letting you off the phone....I had that happen with XM radio......I wanted to stop the vehicles that I had sold when I sold the business...... I mean I could not get them to get it...... after awhile I just hung up and stopped paying my bill that got their attention....

pissed me off......still don't have it back....learned we got some pretty good FM stations in the area..... and listen to those...... or just listen to those long tubes talking thru the Corsa's ..... no better music then that....
Posted on: 2018/6/27 22:45

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: 6 27 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

It's been over 3 months since we ditched cable, but we have pretty reliable internet. I have not missed cable at all.

Meanwhile, a friend sent us info about a Led Zeppelin tribute band show, and Mrs. Pianoguy replied that while she had never been a fan, that it sounded like fun, so she's in. Bravo!

I just got back from a pilgrimage to Wisconsin to pick up a few cases of Spotted Cow. I'm bringing it to a family reunion (on my wife's side - they breed like rats out there, she has 99 first cousins) in South Dakota this weekend - I figured the farmers out there would get a kick out of it.
Posted on: 2018/6/27 23:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 6 27 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14734 Posts

Might as well take them some Fat Tire also....... give them a real kick....
Posted on: 2018/6/28 0:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 6 27 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7637 Posts

I'M BAAAACK---
NO INTERNET SERVICE FOR A WHILE. GRANDKIDS ALL HOME AND CALM RESTORED, BACK TO NORMAL, WHAT EVER THAT IS. LAND LINE WORKING, OVEN WORKING, INTERNET WORKING, BRAVECAT VENTURING BACK INTO THE HOUSE.

TOMMY, I HEAR YOU ABOUT OLDER DOGS, I'VE HAD THREE THAT WERE GROWN WHEN I GOT THEM AND ONE WAS THE BEST DOG I EVER HAD. PUPS ARE A BIT OF A HASSLE.

WHAT WOULD BE IDEAL IS A GROWN BIRD DOG ALREADY TRAINED AND HOUSE BROKE :-)
Posted on: 2018/6/28 2:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 6 27 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Hey guys...I got up and around early to beat the heat. Went down to the storage shed weed eat so GS #1 could mow later. Trying to beat the heat didn't work. although the temp wasn't that high, the humidity factored in made it hot even early. I was sweating like a stuck pig before I was done. I then went back to the shop to piddle around until lunchtime. Then GS #1 and I went over to finish up the closet job and install the drawer unit. Was quite a job for us to to get it into the room...it is 29" wide, 24" deep and 96" tall. had to really wiggle it to get it to go through the door and down the hall. Without my GS I could not have done that.

A buddy called and needed a substitute for his golf league tonight, so I obliged him.

Posted on: 2018/6/28 3:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.