Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
237 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Independence Day to everyone. It's about 12:15 am here and the "bombs bursting in air" have been going on all evening already. Not a huge fan of them myself and neither is the dog. Oh well, tis the season.

To continue with yesterday's topic....if that was a top Nascar race, I'd hate to see a bad race lol. I could see someone who follows a specific driver getting into it, but that's just not me. Drag racing I like to watch, but that's fast and there's a good variety. Watching identical cars drive around in circles just doesn't excite me.

Hope everyone has a great 4th!
Posted on: 2018/7/4 5:21

TommyT-Bone Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Not sure what I'll do today but I'm sure it involves a 4 letter word. WORK. Sue is heading up to visit my mother for the weekend and I'll pet sit and oversee the guys who are gonna clean up the back nursery here at the house. The sooner I get everything caught up around here and finish the painting at on the new office and cart shed, the sooner I'll get to a normal routine. Still have a number of little jobs to do at the office. Boredom, a word not used in my vocabulary.
Posted on: 2018/7/4 11:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Oh ya, have a happy 4th. I remeberer when I used to have a fifth on the fourth.

Posted on: 2018/7/4 11:31

CorvetteBob Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Oh ya, have a happy 4th. I remeberer when I used to have a fifth on the fourth.

Happy 4th everyone šŸŽ‰
Tommy, I remember those days of my own as wellšŸ»
A good number of my college frat brothers bring up my party on the 4th back in '79. I can even remember holding a Roman candle and firing it towards things that I shouldn't have.... Same with a pack of bottle rockets...
All just part of a looonnngg series of bad choices. šŸ˜œ
Posted on: 2018/7/4 11:54

teebee Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...we used to make bad choices? Oh, yea, I made my share of them.... still do. But today they are different, in that they usually donā€™t involve drinking, they are much less likely to get me arrested.

Most everybody in the house is out running/walking the 5k. I just donā€™t get paying to go out and torturing myself in the high humidityā€™s all in the sake of a T-shirt. Soon after they get back, weā€™ll head down to the parade. If it is a normal deal, weā€™ll have to park 5k away from the route and have to walk in anyway, so Iā€™ll get my 5k in today. Later, weā€™ll all head over to #3s house for smoked brisket and fireworks. Thatā€™s my day. BTW, Matt, Iā€™m not a fan of fireworks either, seems to me to be a huge waste of money.

Later guys, I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th.
Posted on: 2018/7/4 12:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SUNNY AND MILD IN THE NATIONS, A MUCH IMPROVED MORNING. I'M GOING TO TRY TO TRIM SOME BUSHES AROUND THE HOUSE BEFORE IT GETS HOT, OTHERWISE IT'LL BE A QUIET FOURTH, NOT.

WE WILL PROBABLY PUT THE TOP DOWN ON THE TOMATO AND FIND A GOOD SPOT TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS TONIGHT.
Posted on: 2018/7/4 12:31

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

I'M GOING TO TRY TO TRIM SOME BUSHES AROUND THE HOUSE BEFORE IT GETS HOT, OTHERWISE IT'LL BE A QUIET FOURTH, NOT.

WE WILL PROBABLY PUT THE TOP DOWN ON THE TOMATO AND FIND A GOOD SPOT FOR THE FIREWORKS TONIGHT.

Sounds like a personal problem........
Posted on: 2018/7/4 13:32

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

DETAIL LOOKS GOOD ON THE '87, THINK I'LL TURN THEM LOOSE ON THE BUMBLEBEE NEXT WEEK.

TEE, FIREWORKS HAVE BEEN NO FUN SINCE THE SAFETY NAZIS BANNED CHERRY BOMBS AND M80'S. NO BANG FOR THE BUCK ;-)
Posted on: 2018/7/4 13:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! It is thundering and lightning and pouring at the moment. The weather geniuses can't seem to decide if we will have a dry afternoon and evening or not. If it is dry, the heat index will be over 100. Oh well, it is what it is.

I remember, we used to make pistols out of conduit, to have bottle rocket wars. And of course no 4th of July would've been complete without cherry bombs, M80's and silver salutes.

Have a safe and festive (and hopefully dry) 4th, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/7/4 15:22

ļæ½Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.ļæ½- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14727 Posts

Used to love those M80's......... lucky I have all my digits.....we use to slip them in the water on the boat while someone was skiing and see if we could time it right to blow them off their ski's...... now that was fun......

So many bad choices and most of them were directly linked to alcohol consumption..... I have bent my abstaining a bit in the later years so I may enjoy a beer or drink with the kids...... but all it does is give me a headache ....... I find I like to nurse a shot of fine whiskey on the rocks over the course of the evening as well as anything. Just one........and done......

the only racing I like is keeping up with the Corvette racing team as they race at Sebring and LeMans and the others........ I really like that. Want to go back to Sebring again one of these years...... that was a great time.... will get a pass to be in the Corvette Corral so we can get out of the heat and will get a golf cart rented so travel around the track in.......

I may watch a bit of Nascar Daytona but that is it....... booooring.......

I have never liked paying for fireworks and don't...... we just sit out and enjoy all the money the neighbors have spent for free.......

Have a safe day Guru's....

Posted on: 2018/7/4 15:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

I'm fireworked out. I could go a good few years without seeing a flash with a boom. Sue asked me what are we doing for the 4th. I told her ..... "Nothing". I'm working at home and she's at the nursery. I prepped the Suburban for her trip to Ma's. It's all prettied up and everything is checked but I need to get the oil changed tomorrow. 2 Yorkies going for grooming tomorrow so I'll do it after I drop them off. Wish they just had a quick oil change place that didn't try to up-sell you on everything else. PITA. hardly anybody is quick either. Just get under it, change the oil, filter and lube as needed. But no-o-oo ...... Be nice if there was a hand car wash that tried to up-sell you an oil change.
Posted on: 2018/7/4 18:09

vetteblondie Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4640 Posts

Havenā€™t heard many fireworks here yet although Iā€™m sure itā€™s coming. I remember quite well the days off too much fifths in the fourth and many a mailbox given a gift of the M-bomb and bottle rocket fights in the park. Bf just fired up the weed eater so there goes my ā€œquietā€. Cousin still in the hospital and none too happy about it, thinking she may get to go home tomorrow though.
Hope you all have a great fourth
Posted on: 2018/7/4 18:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

bogus Re: 4th of July Wednesday Chat 07.04.18
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Happy Independence Day everyone!!!

The local fireworks show will get going at sundown... San Pedro turns into Beirut for the next 2 hours...
Posted on: 2018/7/4 19:01

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, with the election year, the parade was full of politicians. GS asked me on the walk back to the truck, ā€œwhat was the most boring part of the parade, grandpa?ā€ ā€œAll the politicians, buddy.ā€ ā€œWell, what was the best part?ā€ ā€œAh, all the Corvettes, of course.ā€ And there were a bunch! The earliest were two 65s, one really nicely restored roadster (Marina Blue, Marina Blue interior) and one modified coupe (canary yellow with fender flares from the 70s).

Just getting ready to head over to #3s house.
Posted on: 2018/7/4 19:23

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.