Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
248 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SMC
Sheet Molded Compound.

This is the material that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It's similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The onl...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 3/4ths through July Chat 07.22.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Bonjour!
Posted on: 2018/7/23 12:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: 3/4ths through July Chat 07.22.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! First day of working from home full-time. I made an executive decision and slept for an extra half-hour. Nice to not have to rush out the door.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/7/23 13:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: 3/4ths through July Chat 07.22.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Got a call yesterday from my nephew in Boston, my brothers son, wishing me a belated happy birthday. He graduated last year from Worcester Polytech. Through a placement service he secured a position with Abbott corporation and is working on software development on a project for a mechanical heart. Good for him. He passed his probationary period and has now been accepted full time with full benefits. He still lives at home for now. No reason to move really. Health, dental and three weeks vacation a year with a nice salary and educational benefits. He told me of a class he is considering taking at a local university. You may have heard of it. Harvard. Boston is a hot bed of education and development in the computer, robotics and health care fields. Certainly I'm happy an proud of him. He told me he is working with some wicked smart people. I told him that was great. It's good to surround yourself with brilliance.

Sue is going to one of her doctors this morning and trying to secure an MRI on he wrist. Anything more than a standard x-ray requires pre-certification. The health insurance company I signed up with 40 years ago is not the same type of company today. Mechanized, digitalized, with multiple outside contracted overseers and annoying as f@(% in general. Changing companies wouldn't help. They all jumped on the same cost cutting/controlling bandwagons. For the money though I do have really good affordable coverage with a great network of physicians and hospitals. It's just having to deal with the insurance that becomes an occasional pain in the ass. Even with a cast like brace Sue is not slowing down. She does as much as she possibly can given her limitations. Really, the Energizer Rabbit has nothing on her. She just keeps going and going and going. She worked Saturday, all day. A busy day at that taking care of customers and sales. Well, I have stuff to do.

Au revoir!
Posted on: 2018/7/23 13:08

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You ARE the company that you keep.

Attach file:

jpg  Guru Hula Crew.jpg (44.39 KB)
852_5b55d411d3b0f.jpg 601X298 px
Posted on: 2018/7/23 13:11

teebee Re: 3/4ths through July Chat 07.22.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Morning guys...I, too, slept in a bit this morning. Got a little rain last night...about 1/2". We'll take it, as any helps the drought situation.

Got a computer coming over this morning. Problems resulting from the lightening storm the other night. I need to work on my daughters' dog pen, she asked for.

Here's hoping Sues' wrist is not too bad, Tommy. Brad, congrats on the first day of working from home. Stay cool folks.

Posted on: 2018/7/23 13:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Scary crew there Tommy.
Posted on: 2018/7/23 13:37

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 3/4ths through July Chat 07.22.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

SUNNY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, COOL BUT HUMID. THE LOW TEMPS LURED ME OUT TO WEED-EAT BUT THE HUMIDITY WAS BAD ENOUGH MY T-SHIRT WAS SOAKING WET WHEN I CAME BACK TO THE HOUSE.

DARLING WIFE DUE BACK TODAY, GOTTA LEAVE A LITTLE MESS IN THE HOUSE SO SHE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO FUSS ABOUT ;-)

SON DOING BETTER AT LAST REPORT. THEY HAD TO OPEN UP A BLOCKED BILE DUCT AND THAT APPARENTLY KICKED OF AN ATTACK OF PANCREATITIS. THEY SEEM TO HAVE THAN UNDER CONTROL AND HE'S UP WALKING AROUND.

THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND MOJO.
Posted on: 2018/7/23 14:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 3/4ths through July Chat 07.22.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

That's good news Gris...... well I am back and faced with a day of work....I'm thinking how nice it would be to be on vacation all the time.....then I think of the money that would take and....... I better get to work....... Got Nellie cleaned out but not cleaned up......had lots of mowing to do and naps to take yesterday........ already have some stuff coming from Danchucks.......who have every thing for Mid 5's....... Did join the Tri 5 forum.......just lurking for now.....

I did some math and learned that the 56 was built on or around the 19th of July in 56.....in Oakland California...... it is a west coast car and has never been out of Oregon until now...... there is no rust on this car.....

There were 9 or 10 factories in the U.S. cranking these cars out..... all of them combined were making 1.5 million cars a year......the demand was crazy back then..... 4.5 million cars in 55, 56, 57....... just thought you should know......

nuts gotta go work..... have a fun day Guru's...
Posted on: 2018/7/23 14:33

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: 3/4ths through July Chat 07.22.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That is some good news, indeed, GRIS!

Congrats to your nephew, Tommy - that sounds like a great gig.
Posted on: 2018/7/23 15:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
TEMPS LURED ME OUT TO WEED-EAT BUT THE HUMIDITY WAS BAD ENOUGH MY T-SHIRT WAS SOAKING WET WHEN I CAME BACK TO THE HOUSE.

Daily occurrence in the endless summers of South Florida. I don't even feel it sometimes which is somewhat scary.
Posted on: 2018/7/23 16:13

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Installed the crown molding today and this afternoon I worked on the dang computer. Got it fixed, cleaned and running like new. Also put a new battery in Rosies Iphone, it just was dying quicker than it should. Thought about going out to Mens' night golf, but it looks like it could start raining at any minute......I'll just stay home this evening.

Posted on: 2018/7/23 22:55

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.