Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
252 user(s) are online (208 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 12 AUGUST 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2018/8/12 12:54

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 12 AUGUST 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

OVERCAST AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, MAY RAIN THEY SAY. THEY SAID THAT YESTERDAY AND IT RAINED JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE A MESS.

SATURDAY FLEA MARKET WAS A WASH, SO I WENT TO WORK ON THE BRASS FROM FRIDAY'S RANGE SESSION. CASE PREPARATION IS ALWAYS TEDIOUS, BUT MY ARTHRITIC FINGERS MAKE IT WORSE. FINE FINGER DEXTERITY IS ABOUT GONE. AT SOME POINT I'LL RELOAD THOSE 55 GRAIN LOADS AND TRY AGAIN.
Posted on: 2018/8/12 13:00

teebee Re: 12 AUGUST 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...don't have much this morning. It's cool to start and no rain. Nothing on the agenda.
Posted on: 2018/8/12 13:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 12 AUGUST 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! It is bright and sunny and sore out today. I have some work stuff to do, so I'll be doing nothing but sitting on my butt with the PGA tournament on in the background later. Meanwhile, last night my brother-in-law went to the Hastings car show. He went to the mini-donut stand, and when he was getting his order, he told the gal how disappointed his brother-in-law was that the stand wasn't at the last show. So she gave him a free bag of donuts and told him to give them to me. And he actually dropped them off here on his way home - a real nice surprise! I'll have to go there in 2 weeks - it'll be the last show of the season already.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/8/12 14:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: 12 AUGUST 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

A friend/customer/family physician friend of ours gave Sue a DEK CH1 chipper. Told her he didn't want it anymore. I got it unloaded from her pick up yesterday with the help of my neighbor. Checked it out and the motor wouldn't turn over. I removed the plug and put a little penetrating oil down the cylinder and let it sit over night. It was still locked up this morning. I took a pair of adjustable pliers and tried working the drive shaft back and forth. I got a little movement. Sprayed a little more and worked it a little more and it started getting a full turn but had a tight spot. Spayed and worked some more and she eased up to where I was making full turns. Drained the old gas, put in some fresh gas. Pulled a dozen times and just a sputter. Took off the air filter and gave it a shot of starting fluid and bah-boom. She came to life. He gave us a drive belt with it. The drive belt was toast. Something must have got stuck in the hopper and smoked the belt. Looking at the pulleys I saw one couldn't be removed. It was welded. Th other I worked on for awhile and couldn't get the damned pulley off all the way. I don't have a pulley puller. I decided after working on it for about an hour to look up instructions on the belt replacement. LOL It said loosen the engine mount bolts, push the engine toward the hopper, replace the belt and reset the engine and belt tension. Nothing to do with the Vulcan pulley. I put the pulley all back together, followed the instructions and had it done in around 20 minutes. It runs like new now. All lubed up, tires aired and ready to go.

Here is the same model.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEK-420cc-4-i ... &rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313
Posted on: 2018/8/12 18:26

j3studio Re: 12 AUGUST 18
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

A friend/customer/family physician friend of ours gave Sue a DEK CH1 chipper. Told her he didn't want it anymore. I got it unloaded from her pick up yesterday with the help of my neighbor. Checked it out and the motor wouldn't turn over. I removed the plug and put a little penetrating oil down the cylinder and let it sit over night. It was still locked up this morning. I took a pair of adjustable pliers and tried working the drive shaft back and forth. I got a little movement. Sprayed a little more and worked it a little more and it started getting a full turn but had a tight spot. Spayed and worked some more and she eased up to where I was making full turns. Drained the old gas, put in some fresh gas. Pulled a dozen times and just a sputter. Took off the air filter and gave it a shot of starting fluid and bah-boom. She came to life. He gave us a drive belt with it. The drive belt was toast. Something must have got stuck in the hopper and smoked the belt. Looking at the pulleys I saw one couldn't be removed. It was welded. Th other I worked on for awhile and couldn't get the damned pulley off all the way. I don't have a pulley puller. I decided after working on it for about an hour to look up instructions on the belt replacement. LOL It said loosen the engine mount bolts, push the engine toward the hopper, replace the belt and reset the engine and belt tension. Nothing to do with the Vulcan pulley. I put the pulley all back together, followed the instructions and had it done in around 20 minutes. It runs like new now. All lubed up, tires aired and ready to go.

Nice job, Tom!

thumbup

Posted on: 2018/8/12 19:28

teebee Re: 12 AUGUST 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Good save there, Tommy.

Well, with the cool (relative) weather today, 85 was the high. I decided to go down to the storage shed and trim around the place. While doing that Rosie mowed, She mowed the house lawn as well. Speaking of the house, now that GS #1 is off to school and #2 is no longer living there we will start getting the house ready to sell. We've been paying the taxes and utilities on the place and we aren't inclined to do it any longer. Apparently, #2 has someone who will buy it for about double what I was thinking it was worth. One of her friends is a local Real estate agent and told her what she could sell it for, I guess I'm not a great source for real estate. We will go over and do a few fix ups, and we will receive, from the sale, the lot next door (my storage building is on that lot) and the cash we have put into the house over the last 6 years. #2 will get the rest.
Posted on: 2018/8/12 22:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 12 AUGUST 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Sounds a little like retirement to me tee. Real retirement. I had a passing thought today. We have a lot of stuff. It's like I'm saving stuff for my afterlife. All I need is a pyramid.
Posted on: 2018/8/12 23:39

GRIS Re: 12 AUGUST 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7627 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Sounds a little like retirement to me tee. Real retirement. I had a passing thought today. We have a lot of stuff. It's like I'm saving stuff for my afterlife. All I need is a pyramid.

YOU COULD BE BURIED IN A PORCH-AH :-)
Posted on: 2018/8/12 23:57

Matatk Re: 12 AUGUST 18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good thing you're retired, Tommy. You have all that free time to fix things
Posted on: 2018/8/13 4:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.